{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Danny rose must start

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Danny rose must start

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:46 pm

abc wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:If Danny isn't in the starting 11 for the next match, Evans is a prat.

Yawn.

Touché
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:52 pm

It is strange that he didn't fancy Rose. He seems exactly the player Evans would like, battles hard, wins headers, but if a wind up merchant and scores goals. Said he would be our top scorer and haven't seen anything to suggest he won't be. Well done Danny.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:56 pm

Evans likes Rose but I think needed to give Hemings game time Iam not writing him off yet but agree needs goal badly and penalty miss not helped his case
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby stag_27 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:09 pm

As much as I love Danny's endeavour, for me he is well behind Angol in terms of quality and intelligence. Not sure any of us can really get a read on Hemmings yet, such early days and no real pre season.

Danny is a great option to have, but bench seems about right to me. I was playing an old version of FIFA today and the second striker was Westcarr. Rather than bash any of the current strikers, let's just appreciate our current options.

COYS.
stag_27
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:33 am

Hemmings is useless, anyone who disagrees doesn't understand the role of a striker.
stagsfan6493
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby abc » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:40 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:Hemmings is useless, anyone who disagrees doesn't understand the role of a striker.

That's that then !
abc
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:26 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:Hemmings is useless, anyone who disagrees doesn't understand the role of a striker.

That's the majority of Oxford fans then. Or maybe you are wrong?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:38 am

Hemmings will come good he is a very intelligent player who plays very well on the shoulder of the last man... something none of our other strikers do

Other than the obvious penalty miss I don't remember him missing any obvious chances

I expect him once he has scored one he will go on a run and score a few
Kenwood
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:43 am

The fact that he hasn't missed chances is the problem. He hasn't one got into a devent goalscoring position, which worries me.

I think its time for Rose to replacd him
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:53 am

Hemmings really needs a goal, in my opinion deserves to be dropped has been poor for me. I don't see what he offers that Rose don't.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:03 am

marker_mtfc95 wrote:Hemmings really needs a goal, in my opinion deserves to be dropped has been poor for me. I don't see what he offers that Rose don't.

I think he links up with Angol a lot better than Rose did but at the end of the day he never ever looks like scoring
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:35 am

Amber Andy wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:If Danny isn't in the starting 11 for the next match, Evans is a prat.

Evans isn't a prat Edders. I'm a big fan of Danny Rose. I think he is the best finisher at the club. However, he frustrates me at times with his falling over looking for the foul. This was pointed out to me by a regular contributor on here when I was criticising Hylton for the same thing. Danny is nowhere as bad ( or some may say good ) at it as Hylton, but nevertheless it's frustrating. I think SE has kept Danny chomping at the bit for a start. When he gets his chance he scores within 3 minutes. I would like to think it was a good bit of management by SE. Danny will play his part this season and I am more than happy to let SE decide who should play.

I agree. It worked bringing him on yesterday when he did. Good management. Surprised he didn't come on v Wycombe though.
victor A block
First Team
First Team

Postby tillydog123 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:48 am

Would give Hemmings more game time yet he did miss a really good pre season and is maybe catching up
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:54 pm

How anybody can rate Hemmings or even Angol for that matter over Danny Rose just leaves me baffled. Danny is our best striker and has been for ages.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:03 pm

Totally different players.
Hemmings and Angol are not suited to long hoof ball tactics with the ball knocked in above head height. They need it into feet. Rose on the other hand is a perfect foil for both of them.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:22 pm

At least Hemmings had a first touch yesterday. Angol's was abysmal.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby yerrows » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:42 pm

How many shots on goal did we have yesterday?
yerrows
First Team
First Team

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:05 pm

yerrows wrote:How many shots on goal did we have yesterday?

I can only remember the goal and Macca's free kick as the two of any note.

I think Potter hit one that went into row Z 2nd half.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:17 pm

Just been to check the result and pinched myself - we won 1-0 and then this

Get a life chaps
yorkstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:59 pm

yerrows wrote:How many shots on goal did we have yesterday?

On 8 minutes, Hunt’s free kick into the area was cleared, Butcher clipped it back in,Hemmings headed up but it didn’t fall for a Stags player, then it fell for MacDonald whose shot from 23 yards was blocked.

Angol was fouled by Dickie on 27 minutes. Ironic applause from the Stags fans for the free kick being given. It was 29 yards out and in a central position. MacDonald fired in a low shot which was wide of the right post.

A minute later (48), Digby did well to win the ball and set Angol away on a great run but he shot wide from 30 yards.

Rose immediately (59) won a free kick 35 yards out. MacDonald’s free kick chipped into the area was headed out to Potter who volleyed over.

The Stags took the lead on 61 minutes. The move started with a brilliant tackle by Mirfin on Green 25 yards from the Mansfield goal as Green was about to shoot, then a great tackle by Digby, then Rose squared the ball to White who embarked on a fabulous run from his own half, with tremendous pace getting to the byline and chipping a delightful cross into the middle. Rose got up highest to head home from close range with the goalkeeper under pressure from Angol.

On 82 minutes, more great play between MacDonald and Rose on the left but MacDonald’s low cross shot was easily saved.

Danny Rose created a chance for himself on 88 minutes breaking forward, after Butcher’s block from a Green shot rebounded to him inside his own half. He pushed into the Lincoln half and there was little on for him either side and so he took a shot from fully 30 yards which was only just over the bar with the keeper at full stretch.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:28 pm

Really.......history will remember the result not the number of shots.

It was a smash and grab for 3 pts and it worked. Id take 1-0 wins all day for the remainder of the season because its points that win prizes first and foremost.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum