{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Danny rose must start

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Danny rose must start

Postby Chander Lear » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:32 pm

Looked upset not ckoming on tuesday and today proved a point

Done more than hemmings has in that sub appearence
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Re: Danny rose must start

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:38 pm

He reminds me a bit of Mikey Boulding in his first spell at the club, always looks class coming off the bench but lightweight and easily knocked about when starting a game.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:10 pm

He was everywhere today, a proper hero. Has to be MOTM, despite only playing for part of it!
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby zygon2003 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:12 pm

Evans needs to get over not selecting players purchased by previous managers. I've hardly been delighted with his striker acquisitions so far. No reason Hemmings should have started today - has been lacklustre so far.
zygon2003
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:15 pm

zygon2003 wrote:Evans needs to get over not selecting players purchased by previous managers. I've hardly been delighted with his striker acquisitions so far. No reason Hemmings should have started today - has been lacklustre so far.

stags fans need to get over this idea that evans only picks players he buys... pearce has played nearly every game since evo came in , rose gets a good go too and the rest.. well he has just bought a whole new team so there's not many players who aren't his :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:23 pm

Spot on Zygon. Pearce didn`t start at first. Danny was our best player before being dropped. Shame Taft has gone. He and Pearce! Formidable!
PRL13
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby stagmanrob » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:56 pm

Better than both Angol and Hemmings by a long distance.

I thought Angol was auditioning to be a ballerina today. Just prancing about and doing half hearted leaps.

Absolute big girls blouse.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby zygon2003 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:20 pm

I prefer Angol to Hemmings; I think Hemmings has been really ineffectual since he joined us. It's like he's not overly bothered - maybe he thought League 2 would be p** easy. I'm not the biggest Danny Rose fan, but he does get goals.
zygon2003
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:24 pm

how can you not be the biggest rose fan? he's the new fans favourite and always gives his all
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:33 pm

If Danny isn't in the starting 11 for the next match, Evans is a prat.
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:36 pm

Great to see the reception Rose got today. Even before he came on. He's paid his dues and earned the fans respect. Not many forwards can say that over last few years.
Last week even though he didn't play he was out at half times having his photo taken with young fans in family stand. Looks a true professional
robeyre
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby die hirsche » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:44 pm

Must we keep slating players and having a dig? If someone like Rose does well we don't need to keep slagging the others off!

I though Hemmings put a good shift in today.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:02 pm

die hirsche wrote:Must we keep slating players and having a dig? If someone like Rose does well we don't need to keep slagging the others off!

Hemmings needs a goal, badly. It will come, he hasn't had a pre season with our squad and needs more time before being thrown in the garbage
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:02 pm

die hirsche wrote:Must we keep slating players and having a dig? If someone like Rose does well we don't need to keep slagging the others off!

My thoughts exactly Hemmings tenderised the defence and a fresh rose was able to strike the killer blow, its a team game for a reason.

He was one of only a few players to come out the first half with any credit (macdonald being another). Whites throwings in the left hand corner a regular was a example of what he brings. It was only Hemmings moving to make space the rest of the team where playing musical statues.

My only concern (as someone else has said) is that we are a second half team at the moment, it takes the half time team talk (or hair dryer treatment) to get them going.

The introduction of Rose changed the game and we started to win headers in the forward line, He played very well when he came on and deserves to start against Cambridge.

That being said fantastic 3 pts today.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:05 pm

We aren't a second half team at all, blew it against luton in second half. Lost against accrington in second half. Didn't improve in second half against wycombe.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:14 pm

I'd understand rose coming on as a sub if the forwards infront of him offered something. I think most Mansfield fans have yet to decipher what hemmings does, he certainly doesn't pass, shoot or control the ball.

He has to start Saturday
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:29 pm

Its not the forwards or angol and hemmings that frustrates me. I love angol, its the way we play to win that ball up the top. Rose is undoubtedly the man to play that role. If the ball was more on the deck my views may be different
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby die hirsche » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:32 pm

Good point Chander. We seem to be hoofing it more and more as the season goes on.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:32 pm

Angol side by side with most defenders looks a proper physical specimen.

When the ball goes up to him he's more concerned with messing his Sideshow Bob cut up. So frustrating.
He then resorts to chucking himself on the floor trying to buy free kicks after he's lost a succession of aerial challenges. He should be able to win plenty given his size. Needs to man up.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:46 pm

I think the jury is out on both Angol and Hemmings
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:55 pm

Danny Rose was our best forward today. However, the idiotic lumping it to the front men - which was failing time and time and time again - was the real loser today.

The forward play was poor but the balls up to them were largely ineffective and hugely poor for the entire game. Ironic that the only time that we found space, went around the Lincoln wall and put over a cracking cross, we scored.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Danny Rose was our best forward today. However, the idiotic lumping it to the front men - which was failing time and time and time again - was the real loser today.

The forward play was poor but the balls up to them were largely ineffective and hugely poor for the entire game. Ironic that the only time that we found space, went around the Lincoln wall and put over a cracking cross, we scored.

I agree, but even when the balls were half decent and were there to be won, neither Angol or Hemmings are anywhere near capable.

You'd think that with the type of players we have, they'd be intelligent enough by now to realise Angol and Hemmings are never going to win anything in the air so they shouldn't bother lumping it up.
It's like we're esentially giving the opposition possession and saying "Go on, have another go" regardless of whether the balls are cack or decent ones.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:15 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:If Danny isn't in the starting 11 for the next match, Evans is a prat.

Evans isn't a prat Edders. I'm a big fan of Danny Rose. I think he is the best finisher at the club. However, he frustrates me at times with his falling over looking for the foul. This was pointed out to me by a regular contributor on here when I was criticising Hylton for the same thing. Danny is nowhere as bad ( or some may say good ) at it as Hylton, but nevertheless it's frustrating. I think SE has kept Danny chomping at the bit for a start. When he gets his chance he scores within 3 minutes. I would like to think it was a good bit of management by SE. Danny will play his part this season and I am more than happy to let SE decide who should play.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:17 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:If Danny isn't in the starting 11 for the next match, Evans is a prat.

Yawn.
abc
First Team
First Team

Postby Rob » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:39 pm

Rose is the best centre forward at the club and has been for a year or so. We've spent a lot of money on two players who aren't as good. I think eventually Evans will get there and will know what his best side is and Rose will be an integral part.

To be fair he quickly managed to grasp the fact that Pearce IS the best defender at the club after ridiculously leaving him out early doors.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum