{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby Opus » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:10 pm

He has done more in 3 months than Mealticket did in 20 years
Opus
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby diablo » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:16 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:Austerity requirement is a simple equation.

Income - expenditure = overspend, neutral or underspend (as a country it should really be a neutral position)

We are overspending by 50 billion a year, have 1.7 trillion of debt and pay significant amounts of interest on this debt. Which could have been used to pay for additional funding of the NHS etc.

If Austerity isn't the answer, neither is Labours spend spend spend approach.

So how do you propose to rebalance the books by eradicating the deficit and repaying the debt, Whilst also exiting the E.U? - just a fair question for you to answer (and fully appreciate not stags related).


I think you have just gone over the head of about 90% of this board...excellent post
diablo
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:18 pm

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby stags87 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:29 pm

diablo wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:Austerity requirement is a simple equation.

Income - expenditure = overspend, neutral or underspend (as a country it should really be a neutral position)

We are overspending by 50 billion a year, have 1.7 trillion of debt and pay significant amounts of interest on this debt. Which could have been used to pay for additional funding of the NHS etc.

If Austerity isn't the answer, neither is Labours spend spend spend approach.

So how do you propose to rebalance the books by eradicating the deficit and repaying the debt, Whilst also exiting the E.U? - just a fair question for you to answer (and fully appreciate not stags related).


I think you have just gone over the head of about 90% of this board...excellent post

So you think austerity will cancel 1.7 trillion debt? Imagine taking a thimbleful from the res every year. How long will it take to empty it? It is a well known fact that you cannot cut your way out of recession, a fact ignored by successive Tory governments.
stags87
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:55 pm

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:02 pm

stags87 wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Waggy wrote:Did he mention the economic devastation that his party has caused the area?


Pray tell?

If you don't know the answer to this Woody, you have spent the last 30 years in a coma.


Go on then, enlighten me please
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4577
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:14 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
stags87 wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Waggy wrote:Did he mention the economic devastation that his party has caused the area?


Pray tell?

If you don't know the answer to this Woody, you have spent the last 30 years in a coma.


Go on then, enlighten me please

no don't bother please. Or do it in the politics forum ...
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14737
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:17 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
stags87 wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Waggy wrote:Did he mention the economic devastation that his party has caused the area?


Pray tell?

If you don't know the answer to this Woody, you have spent the last 30 years in a coma.


Go on then, enlighten me please

no don't bother please. Or do it in the politics forum ...


Please Martin, let him answer :lol:
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4577
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:40 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:Please Martin, let him answer :lol:

one more then :lol: Then bring on the football!!
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14737
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:03 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:Please Martin, let him answer :lol:

one more then :lol: Then bring on the football!!


One thing we can all agree on, bring it on :mtfc: :D
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:13 pm

stags87 wrote:
diablo wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:Austerity requirement is a simple equation.

Income - expenditure = overspend, neutral or underspend (as a country it should really be a neutral position)

We are overspending by 50 billion a year, have 1.7 trillion of debt and pay significant amounts of interest on this debt. Which could have been used to pay for additional funding of the NHS etc.

If Austerity isn't the answer, neither is Labours spend spend spend approach.

So how do you propose to rebalance the books by eradicating the deficit and repaying the debt, Whilst also exiting the E.U? - just a fair question for you to answer (and fully appreciate not stags related).


I think you have just gone over the head of about 90% of this board...excellent post

So you think austerity will cancel 1.7 trillion debt? Imagine taking a thimbleful from the res every year. How long will it take to empty it? It is a well known fact that you cannot cut your way out of recession, a fact ignored by successive Tory governments.

Whilst ever we live in an age where we are encouraged to live in debt, and buy luxury items we can't afford. Where savers get no encouragement because they get next to nothing on their savings. Then there will be no improvement whatever party is in power.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2808
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:16 pm

stags87 wrote:
diablo wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:Austerity requirement is a simple equation.

Income - expenditure = overspend, neutral or underspend (as a country it should really be a neutral position)

We are overspending by 50 billion a year, have 1.7 trillion of debt and pay significant amounts of interest on this debt. Which could have been used to pay for additional funding of the NHS etc.

If Austerity isn't the answer, neither is Labours spend spend spend approach.

So how do you propose to rebalance the books by eradicating the deficit and repaying the debt, Whilst also exiting the E.U? - just a fair question for you to answer (and fully appreciate not stags related).


I think you have just gone over the head of about 90% of this board...excellent post

So you think austerity will cancel 1.7 trillion debt? Imagine taking a thimbleful from the res every year. How long will it take to empty it? It is a well known fact that you cannot cut your way out of recession, a fact ignored by successive Tory governments.


Probably true. But unless the investment is spent to make our income cash positive then it pushes us further in, IMO. You can't drain the reservoir and expect notes to hold the edges together without it caving in at some point

Investment to create jobs producing something we can export that the world wants seems like the only option to me
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
User avatar
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1690
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:42 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
stags87 wrote:
diablo wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:Austerity requirement is a simple equation.

Income - expenditure = overspend, neutral or underspend (as a country it should really be a neutral position)

We are overspending by 50 billion a year, have 1.7 trillion of debt and pay significant amounts of interest on this debt. Which could have been used to pay for additional funding of the NHS etc.

If Austerity isn't the answer, neither is Labours spend spend spend approach.

So how do you propose to rebalance the books by eradicating the deficit and repaying the debt, Whilst also exiting the E.U? - just a fair question for you to answer (and fully appreciate not stags related).


I think you have just gone over the head of about 90% of this board...excellent post

So you think austerity will cancel 1.7 trillion debt? Imagine taking a thimbleful from the res every year. How long will it take to empty it? It is a well known fact that you cannot cut your way out of recession, a fact ignored by successive Tory governments.


Probably true. But unless the investment is spent to make our income cash positive then it pushes us further in, IMO. You can't drain the reservoir and expect notes to hold the edges together without it caving in at some point

Investment to create jobs producing something we can export that the world wants seems like the only option to me


We don't have a manufacturing sector capable of doing the MotC it was dismantled by the Tories in the 80s and is too long gone to ever get back (the blindingly obvious answer to Woodclagnut's stupid question). The idea those old industries could be restored and the jobs restored to poor areas got us Brexit & Trump & neither will restore a single job in areas like Mansfield Notts or Ohio.

All our eggs were put in the financial services basket, at the expense of everything else, that's why it had to be propped up with billions£ in public money. Had any other business behaved so recklessly the Govt would have allowed them to tank. Fast forward 9 years the banks are back in profit, paying out bonuses, still acting like spivs and Joe Public is still picking up the tab.

Cutting public sector pay just inflicts further damage to the economy especially on former industrialised areas that are heavily dependant on public sector employment. I liken it to water in a fountain, a public sector worker does not earn enough to invest abroad or squirrel away savings, what they get they spend and the money is recycled back through the UK economy as a whole, its is cost neutral to the economy as a whole. Cut the pay and the amount spent obviously drops & has a negative inpact on the UK economy as a whole.

However the Tories are driven by the mantra of smaller state and bashing public sector workers sits well with the readers of the Mail and Telegraph.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5603
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Evidently Chickentown

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:40 am

We live in a world of I want it all and I want it now. Where almost everyone is encouraged to own high end German carsfor example at a "bargain" £249 per month. Sounds affordable until reality kicks in and the debts rise on the credit cards. Then what do the lenders do when the credit limit of £10k is reached? They raise it to £15k. Those people who have kept faith with the old fashioned mantra of saving for their luxury items are penalised, because they get no benefit for saving. Carrying on like this will only lead to another Northern Rock type institution going to the wall and inevitably another financial crisis( Brexit or no Brexit). Politicians may sit in parliament debating all kinds of issues but it is the banks and the big businesses that are dictating the economy of our country.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2808
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:18 am

Sneag wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
stags87 wrote:
diablo wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:Austerity requirement is a simple equation.

Income - expenditure = overspend, neutral or underspend (as a country it should really be a neutral position)

We are overspending by 50 billion a year, have 1.7 trillion of debt and pay significant amounts of interest on this debt. Which could have been used to pay for additional funding of the NHS etc.

If Austerity isn't the answer, neither is Labours spend spend spend approach.

So how do you propose to rebalance the books by eradicating the deficit and repaying the debt, Whilst also exiting the E.U? - just a fair question for you to answer (and fully appreciate not stags related).


I think you have just gone over the head of about 90% of this board...excellent post

So you think austerity will cancel 1.7 trillion debt? Imagine taking a thimbleful from the res every year. How long will it take to empty it? It is a well known fact that you cannot cut your way out of recession, a fact ignored by successive Tory governments.


Probably true. But unless the investment is spent to make our income cash positive then it pushes us further in, IMO. You can't drain the reservoir and expect notes to hold the edges together without it caving in at some point

Investment to create jobs producing something we can export that the world wants seems like the only option to me


We don't have a manufacturing sector capable of doing the MotC it was dismantled by the Tories in the 80s and is too long gone to ever get back (the blindingly obvious answer to Woodclagnut's stupid question). The idea those old industries could be restored and the jobs restored to poor areas got us Brexit & Trump & neither will restore a single job in areas like Mansfield Notts or Ohio.

All our eggs were put in the financial services basket, at the expense of everything else, that's why it had to be propped up with billions£ in public money. Had any other business behaved so recklessly the Govt would have allowed them to tank. Fast forward 9 years the banks are back in profit, paying out bonuses, still acting like spivs and Joe Public is still picking up the tab.

Cutting public sector pay just inflicts further damage to the economy especially on former industrialised areas that are heavily dependant on public sector employment. I liken it to water in a fountain, a public sector worker does not earn enough to invest abroad or squirrel away savings, what they get they spend and the money is recycled back through the UK economy as a whole, its is cost neutral to the economy as a whole. Cut the pay and the amount spent obviously drops & has a negative inpact on the UK economy as a whole.

However the Tories are driven by the mantra of smaller state and bashing public sector workers sits well with the readers of the Mail and Telegraph.


Ey up Sneagers - fancy a game at Sincil Bank, today. We could do with a proper left winger :lol:
Mr Evans is on borrowed time
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4702
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:43 am

Sneag wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
stags87 wrote:
diablo wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:Austerity requirement is a simple equation.

Income - expenditure = overspend, neutral or underspend (as a country it should really be a neutral position)

We are overspending by 50 billion a year, have 1.7 trillion of debt and pay significant amounts of interest on this debt. Which could have been used to pay for additional funding of the NHS etc.

If Austerity isn't the answer, neither is Labours spend spend spend approach.

So how do you propose to rebalance the books by eradicating the deficit and repaying the debt, Whilst also exiting the E.U? - just a fair question for you to answer (and fully appreciate not stags related).


I think you have just gone over the head of about 90% of this board...excellent post

So you think austerity will cancel 1.7 trillion debt? Imagine taking a thimbleful from the res every year. How long will it take to empty it? It is a well known fact that you cannot cut your way out of recession, a fact ignored by successive Tory governments.


Probably true. But unless the investment is spent to make our income cash positive then it pushes us further in, IMO. You can't drain the reservoir and expect notes to hold the edges together without it caving in at some point

Investment to create jobs producing something we can export that the world wants seems like the only option to me


We don't have a manufacturing sector capable of doing the MotC it was dismantled by the Tories in the 80s and is too long gone to ever get back (the blindingly obvious answer to Woodclagnut's stupid question). The idea those old industries could be restored and the jobs restored to poor areas got us Brexit & Trump & neither will restore a single job in areas like Mansfield Notts or Ohio.

All our eggs were put in the financial services basket, at the expense of everything else, that's why it had to be propped up with billions£ in public money. Had any other business behaved so recklessly the Govt would have allowed them to tank. Fast forward 9 years the banks are back in profit, paying out bonuses, still acting like spivs and Joe Public is still picking up the tab.

Cutting public sector pay just inflicts further damage to the economy especially on former industrialised areas that are heavily dependant on public sector employment. I liken it to water in a fountain, a public sector worker does not earn enough to invest abroad or squirrel away savings, what they get they spend and the money is recycled back through the UK economy as a whole, its is cost neutral to the economy as a whole. Cut the pay and the amount spent obviously drops & has a negative inpact on the UK economy as a whole.

However the Tories are driven by the mantra of smaller state and bashing public sector workers sits well with the readers of the Mail and Telegraph.


:lol: that's funny there are still 'manufacturers' around here they keep going because they are viable, when they are not they will go the same way as the ones you harp on about.

Let's face it Harold Wilson shut more pits in just two terms than Thatcher did in three!!!!
Tony Blair had long enough in office to 'save' the last pits but instead signed the Kyoto Protocol effectively capping every shaft in Britain

Sports Direct employs about 8000 on the old pit site, nearly every one an Eastern European due once again to Blair's 'open door' policy.

Love from Woodclagnut former miner of 24 years, enjoying life in the fresh air now and certainly not bitter. (Oh for a blow you a kiss emoji)
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4577
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:51 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Ey up Sneagers - fancy a game at Sincil Bank, today. We could do with a proper left winger :lol:


Not sure Lincoln would let him play in red, Edders ;)
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
User avatar
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1690
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: M E, oldnic, Spiritater and 18 guests