{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:58 am

The new MP takes no time at all to get moves underway for the hotel and more...

Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)
User avatar
Son Of Sherwood
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:57 pm
Location: Weston-super-Mare

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby Amberheart » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:13 am

Great stuff !!
a stag is a proud & noble beast
User avatar
Amberheart
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2424
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:31 pm

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:47 am

Hats off to him no matter what colour rosette he wears.
I hate to say it but we've had more mentions already than when Meale ticket was in situ
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby adamstag » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:04 pm

Nice to see a politician aiding MTFC than actively hounding us, like the previous
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4967
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby Waggy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:05 pm

Did he mention the economic devastation that his party has caused the area?
And I don't feel any sorrow
Towards the kings and queens of the butterfly collectors
User avatar
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:41 pm

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby stags87 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:09 pm

Waggy wrote:Did he mention the economic devastation that his party has caused the area?

:good_post:
stags87
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:55 pm

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby Sneag » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:35 pm

It's good that he's supporting it, it would be churlish to say otherwise, but it's the kind of project MP are all over like stink on raspberries. Requires no effort on their part & carries zero political risk.

Had he voted against the party whip to ensure the pay cap on the areas biggest employer got lifted. I'd have been so impressed I'd have voted for the little twerp in November's GE.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5609
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Evidently Chickentown

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby Waggy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:41 pm

Sneag wrote:It's good that he's supporting it, it would be churlish to say otherwise, but it's the kind of project MP are all over like stink on raspberries. Requires no effort on their part & carries zero political risk.

Had he voted against the party whip to ensure the pay cap on the areas biggest employer got lifted. I'd have been so impressed I'd have voted for the little twerp in November's GE.


Agree with all that, except the bit about voting for him - I'd rather lick piss off a nettle
And I don't feel any sorrow
Towards the kings and queens of the butterfly collectors
User avatar
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:41 pm

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:43 pm

Sneag wrote:It's good that he's supporting it, it would be churlish to say otherwise, but it's the kind of project MP are all over like stink on raspberries. Requires no effort on their part & carries zero political risk.

Had he voted against the party whip to ensure the pay cap on the areas biggest employer got lifted. I'd have been so impressed I'd have voted for the little twerp in November's GE.


Amen to syllable of that brother.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8302
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Insularfield

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:44 pm

I will never vote Tory, however this guy is much better representing our town than the last gravy train pillock. Glad MTFC gets good news for a change. Also Ben Bradley isn't at fault for austerity measures, the Bankers are!!! And it will happen again soon as they are loaning out to folk who can't afford to pay back again!!!
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby Sneag » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:27 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:I will never vote Tory, however this guy is much better representing our town than the last gravy train pillock. Glad MTFC gets good news for a change. Also Ben Bradley isn't at fault for austerity measures, the Bankers are!!! And it will happen again soon as they are loaning out to folk who can't afford to pay back again!!!


The austerity measures are in place for idealogical reasons rather than economic reasons and that is 100% the tories fault. The banking crash just gave them the excuse and the smokescreen to do it and get away with it.

As I said above, the public sector is by far then biggest employer in town and this little raspberries voted to keep eroding their living standards. Or to put it another way, he voted to continue to keep eroding the spending power of the largest group of employed people in the area, so I'm not really sure he's doing a great deal for Mansfield at all yet.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5609
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Evidently Chickentown

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby BigGuy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:11 pm

Maybe you should try and view the actual vote on which you base your claim.

It was a labour prompt to discredit the government which was never going to succeed, it was not a direct vote on scrapping the pay cap.
BigGuy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:21 pm

Whether it is the Houses of Parliament or the Senate House of Ancient Rome. We will always have to fight to be free men!!!
I am Spartacus
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:21 pm

Austerity requirement is a simple equation.

Income - expenditure = overspend, neutral or underspend (as a country it should really be a neutral position)

We are overspending by 50 billion a year, have 1.7 trillion of debt and pay significant amounts of interest on this debt. Which could have been used to pay for additional funding of the NHS etc.

If Austerity isn't the answer, neither is Labours spend spend spend approach.

So how do you propose to rebalance the books by eradicating the deficit and repaying the debt, Whilst also exiting the E.U? - just a fair question for you to answer (and fully appreciate not stags related).
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:32 pm

Waggy wrote:
Sneag wrote:It's good that he's supporting it, it would be churlish to say otherwise, but it's the kind of project MP are all over like stink on raspberries. Requires no effort on their part & carries zero political risk.

Had he voted against the party whip to ensure the pay cap on the areas biggest employer got lifted. I'd have been so impressed I'd have voted for the little twerp in November's GE.


Agree with all that, except the bit about voting for him - I'd rather lick piss off a nettle



I'm not sure the nettle would be chuffed either, Waggy! :P

Either way, it's good to see MTFC and Mansfield alike get some attention. You had more chance of Usain Bolt losing the 100m to a 3 toed sloth than anything positive happening under Alan Meale-ticket's regime
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
User avatar
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:04 pm

Sneag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:I will never vote Tory, however this guy is much better representing our town than the last gravy train pillock. Glad MTFC gets good news for a change. Also Ben Bradley isn't at fault for austerity measures, the Bankers are!!! And it will happen again soon as they are loaning out to folk who can't afford to pay back again!!!


The austerity measures are in place for idealogical reasons rather than economic reasons and that is 100% the tories fault. The banking crash just gave them the excuse and the smokescreen to do it and get away with it.

As I said above, the public sector is by far then biggest employer in town and this little raspberries voted to keep eroding their living standards. Or to put it another way, he voted to continue to keep eroding the spending power of the largest group of employed people in the area, so I'm not really sure he's doing a great deal for Mansfield at all yet.

Ideological Reasons......You've been listening to Nigel Farage too much :lol:
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:28 pm

I've just picked some nettles n have a bladder full looking for a guy who doesnt vote for the Tories....

Please PM me we'll arrange a time n place to suit all
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2966
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:48 pm

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby Waggy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:30 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:Austerity requirement is a simple equation.

Income - expenditure = overspend, neutral or underspend (as a country it should really be a neutral position)

We are overspending by 50 billion a year, have 1.7 trillion of debt and pay significant amounts of interest on this debt. Which could have been used to pay for additional funding of the NHS etc.

If Austerity isn't the answer, neither is Labours spend spend spend approach.

So how do you propose to rebalance the books by eradicating the deficit and repaying the debt, Whilst also exiting the E.U? - just a fair question for you to answer (and fully appreciate not stags related).


Your economic illiteracy is endemic amongst the masses. Why do you equate government finance to simple household finance? It isn't simple - far from it. The only thing simple is your view
And I don't feel any sorrow
Towards the kings and queens of the butterfly collectors
User avatar
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:41 pm

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:01 pm

Waggy wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:Austerity requirement is a simple equation.

Income - expenditure = overspend, neutral or underspend (as a country it should really be a neutral position)

We are overspending by 50 billion a year, have 1.7 trillion of debt and pay significant amounts of interest on this debt. Which could have been used to pay for additional funding of the NHS etc.

If Austerity isn't the answer, neither is Labours spend spend spend approach.

So how do you propose to rebalance the books by eradicating the deficit and repaying the debt, Whilst also exiting the E.U? - just a fair question for you to answer (and fully appreciate not stags related).


Your economic illiteracy is endemic amongst the masses. Why do you equate government finance to simple household finance? It isn't simple - far from it. The only thing simple is your view


Its not simple household finances though, its simple maths when you looking into it with added complexity for future investment. The point is if you over spend time and time again the money will run out, yes you can continue to devalue the currency at the printing press but at some point creditors will come calling.

Income of X - spend Y needs to balance at some point. Yes investments for future growth also need to be taken into context with planned returns on said investments (driving economic growth). But they can be overlaid as projects and explain some of the national debt - but no where near the 1.7 trillion currently owed at the last count.

Without the personal insults try answering the question - which was unsurprisingly unanswered within your reply.

Im happy and open to my opinion being swayed on the subject with constructive debate, so that myself and the other economic illiterate can be educated to think differently. But once again that constructive reply is missing.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:16 pm

Waggy wrote:Did he mention the economic devastation that his party has caused the area?


Pray tell?
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:43 pm

Waggy wrote:Did he mention the economic devastation that his party has caused the area?

Surely it is better to look to the future than dwell in the past.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2819
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby West Ham 1969 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:28 pm

Note left by last Labour disaster....The monies all gone..,and we have been fighting to recover that since. All the best Ben , good luck to you
West Ham 1969
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:28 pm

Corbyn visited Mansfield last week, this was the response by the Tories to get some positive publicity for the local MP to counter this.

As we are going to be a key marginal seat at the next election, both parties will seek to win over voters between now and then and we will see a lot of activity from our local politicians, unlike when Meale had a safe seat and could sleepwalk between elections and then still get elected
Don't sell Terry Eccles
User avatar
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:58 pm

Waggy wrote:Did he mention the economic devastation that his party has caused the area?


Ive asked about a lot of things and he doesn't seem to know much about the conservative party, He pretty much ran for them because anyone could beat alan meale if they tried.

Still nice to see he's actually trying to do something
Sedgwick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: MTFC in the Houses of Parliament

Postby stags87 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:07 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Waggy wrote:Did he mention the economic devastation that his party has caused the area?


Pray tell?

If you don't know the answer to this Woody, you have spent the last 30 years in a coma.
stags87
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:55 pm

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bob ledgers barber, bobbystagsfan, joank, MTFCMusings, si stag and 32 guests