{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Is It Time...

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Is It Time...

Postby Amberheart » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:23 pm

We were 10th on 11 points after seven games last season
& 11th on 10 points this season
a stag is a proud & noble beast
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:52 am

Dan wrote:I keep getting lots of stick from Notts fans about where both teams are in the table. Some of them think they've gone up already it's embarrassing. The reply I've been giving them is that I'm happy with where we are because we're just bobbing along nicely and will be up there when it matters - not in september. Plus there's only one direction they can go in as the season wears on whereas we can keep climbing steadily. There's no doubt we'll finish higher than them once the bad weather & injuries start coming for both teams. I certainly wouldn't swap my team, manager or league place for anyone else at the moment. It's a marathon not a sprint. They've been up there the past three seasons at the start of the season, got relegated once & nearly did again last season. We'll be fine, people need to keep the faith & stop overreacting & throwing toys out of their prams.

I agree with you Dan. County have not been playing great football but managing to come away with 1-0 wins. Things will start to even up soon especially when they have a few injuries. I think one of their own reporters said that their 1-0 win at Port Vale was one of the worst games he had ever seen.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby amber63 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:03 am

County often start well then fade. I just agree with what they say when confronted by a county fan, I say yes they are doing ok so far and so far being the key phrase, it just steals their thunder.
amber63
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby stagmanrob » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:57 pm

If we'd have had the fixtures they've had, I'd expect to be up there too.

Chesterfield, Morecambe, Port Vale and Crawley have been virtual gimmes for any half decent side who turns up.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:30 pm

Lincoln, Exeter then us so will be interesting to see how they fair next weekend.

Hopefully their mid-week trip to Exeter works in our favour too.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:53 am

For sure on the 30th 1pm k/o or not this game should see a sellout at t'Mill if we are on their coat tail shouldn't it?

Excuses?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby yaxhamstag » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:14 am

Excuses? 3 hour journey from Norfolk means I would have to miss Saturday Morning Kitchen.....and as if I'm going to do that. I hate these 1pm ko's.
yaxhamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:20 am

yaxhamstag wrote:Excuses? 3 hour journey from Norfolk means I would have to miss Saturday Morning Kitchen.....and as if I'm going to do that. I hate these 1pm ko's.

Couldn't you record Saturday Morning Kitchen on your new-fangled VHS gizmo?
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:35 am

Valid excuse, I know most folk in Manfield would sooner watch Sat Morn kitchen and then try the recipes out straightaway than support their local team.

3800 home support it is then :cry:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:42 am

Spiritater wrote:Valid excuse, I know most folk in Manfield would sooner watch Sat Morn kitchen and then try the recipes out straightaway than support their local team.

3800 home support it is then :cry:

Flipping eck, is this a new low?

Everyone euphoric after yesterday, match weeks away and he's already decided on the crowd size.
Couple that with his other post that we were lucky yesterday because they should have had a penalty!!

I think you ought start on the spirits, Norman's got nothing on you :roll:
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:48 am

We seem to be playing Paul Cox football.
1. Hoof it up towards the little blokes up front.
2. Opposition centre halves win the ball easily.
3. Don't get the second ball and its back to the goalie.
Return to 1.
stag861
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:55 am

Oh Woody I only stated that other refs could have given it.

I wait with baited breath to see whether the crowd/town respond for this possibly top 3 encounter by selling out or close to selling out the ground. It should shouldn't it?

If not then why is this?

If it was at Notts I'd imagine a 15,000 attendance wouldn't be suprising.

I'd imagine JR and the board would be crestfallen if we could not get close to filling t'Mill for this one, wouldn't you?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:00 am

Spiritater wrote:Oh Woody I only stated that other refs could have given it.

I wait with baited breath to see whether the crowd/town respond for this possibly top 3 encounter by selling out or close to selling out the ground. It should shouldn't it?

If not then why is this?

I'd imagine JR and the board would be crestfallen if we could not get close to filling t'Mill for this one, wouldn't you?

Yes I would.

Let's face it, it won't be a 'full ground' as SAG won't allow County a full allocation in the away stand and their local councillor will demand a 20 seat exclusion zone around him so his own fans don't hurt him. Bless him
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:09 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:

If not then why is this?

Yes I would.

Let's face it, it won't be a 'full ground' as SAG won't allow County a full allocation in the away stand and their local councillor will demand a 20 seat exclusion zone around him so his own fans don't hurt him. Bless him

Thank you for your considered response.
The close proximity of Notts begs the question of the infiltrators to the home stands also. There allocation'll sell out in an eyes blink. Many then will take the short trip to t'Mill for a ticket in the home ends with ensuing security probs. Folk in our town need to plan in advance and get tickets and not just turn up at 2.55 after a skinfull in town and expect to walk in in time for k/o.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:35 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

If not then why is this?

Yes I would.

Thank you for your considered response.
The close proximity of Notts begs the question of the infiltrators to the home stands also. There allocation'll sell out in an eyes blink. Many then will take the short trip to t'Mill for a ticket in the home ends with ensuing security probs. Folk in our town need to plan in advance and get tickets and not just turn up at 2.55 after a skinfull in town and expect to walk in in time for k/o.

Oh Spiro, not twice in a few days, 2-55 and it will all be over :lol:
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:45 pm

Damn, damn, damn. Bloody 1pm kick offs eh! :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:51 pm

Lots of County fans sat in lower IGS last season
a stag is a proud & noble beast
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby yaxhamstag » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:11 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
yaxhamstag wrote:Excuses? 3 hour journey from Norfolk means I would have to miss Saturday Morning Kitchen.....and as if I'm going to do that. I hate these 1pm ko's.

Couldn't you record Saturday Morning Kitchen on your new-fangled VHS gizmo?

Top idea. Been into the loft and dusted off the Betamax. Found an old video with some Blake's 7 recordings on it that I'll sacrifice....

Mind you, just remembered that it's £22 for Div 4 football and I have to pay in advance. What's that all about? Why can't I turn up at 2.57 and pay a few quid and stand wherever I want in the North Stand.....and don't get me on the North Stand. Makes you wonder why anyone bothers going to Stags any more.
yaxhamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Keep it Simple » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:26 am

You can criticise the Mansfield public all you like Spiro, however the admission costs
are ensuring we won't sell out all season even if we were top of the league.
Pure and simple generally, the casual supporter in our area in many cases have pressure on their finances than to spend it on a game of football.
We want bigger attendances and better atmosphere? For me look at Lincoln, bite the bullet, drop the cost, suck it up for a bit and people will come.
Keep it Simple
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum