{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Thank god that ones out of the way

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Thank god that ones out of the way

Postby spanishstag » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:51 pm

Terrible match ,always was going to be glad its done and we havnt lost ,goodnight
spanishstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Thank god that ones out of the way

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:10 pm

Got to agree, good point and only when leaving the ground did I realise how awful the conditions were.

Onto Lincoln.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:13 pm

I said before the game that this match should show what kind of stomach our team has for a fight in poor conditions.

Although we didn't lose, I'm not altogether sure we were up for the fight. That said we didn't totally crumble so the jury is still out.

We need to regroup and look to learn from the experience. Wycombe aren't fools and with 20 minutes to go I would have taken the point we ended up with.

Evans needs to get them together and work on the positives and get some confidence into the side which at the moment appears somewhat lacking.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby diablo » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:24 pm

The weather is the same for both sides , so no excuse there , however I have to say that Lee Angol `s display was probably the worst I have seen from a Mansfield forward for many a day..will someone please teach the lad to head the ball or at least get near to heading the ball and to stop falling over at the lightest touch or give the shirt to someone else who can head the ball eg Danny Rose.
diablo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:31 pm

Tonight's point could be the one we win the league by, come April.
Mr Evans is on borrowed time
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:32 pm

diablo wrote:The weather is the same for both sides , so no excuse there , however I have to say that Lee Angol `s display was probably the worst I have seen from a Mansfield forward for many a day..will someone please teach the lad to head the ball or at least get near to heading the ball and to stop falling over at the lightest touch or give the shirt to someone else who can head the ball eg Danny Rose.

You should have looked at Hemmings next to him. Angol at least had a shot and put a very good cross in which Hemmings should have got in the end of.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:33 pm

The jury's out on Hemmings, I think.
Mr Evans is on borrowed time
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Admiral Sook » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:37 pm

Another bogey side, at home anyway, that remains a bogey side :?
Admiral Sook
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Jamie » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:38 pm

diablo wrote:The weather is the same for both sides , so no excuse there , however I have to say that Lee Angol `s display was probably the worst I have seen from a Mansfield forward for many a day..will someone please teach the lad to head the ball or at least get near to heading the ball and to stop falling over at the lightest touch or give the shirt to someone else who can head the ball eg Danny Rose.

I've been critical of Angol but tonight he was reasonably effective. He won countless fouls and won us chances to have a go ourselves against a team playing much better.

Playing this direct to those two is pointless. I think Rose should of come on at half time or early 2nd half.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:51 pm

Thought Angol was ok. He was great Saturday. He is a strong lad but Wycombe coped well tonight with him
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:54 pm

It's not the same for both sides though. Much harder to chase a win and be attacking in that weather than to defend a for a point.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:00 pm

Did anyone else notice everytime Angol went near the ball 3 players surrounded him im not a fan of ainsworth but he did his homework on Angol especially good game on poor conditions 0 0 fair result.

Logan how the hell did he save that definitely MOM
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum