{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

David Mirfin

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: David Mirfin

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:43 pm

Tawnystag wrote:Immense today. Goes about his work quietly and honestly - I've completely changed my mind about him over the last few games.

Me too!
Mr Evans is on borrowed time
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:15 pm

Mirfin was great today. Was worried about him up against Rhead but he handled him brilliantly. Digby also did a very good job back in his natural position.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:17 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Mirfin was great today. Was worried about him up against Rhead but he handled him brilliantly. Digby also did a very good job back in his natural position.

In our first game back in the Football League Mirfin kept Rheady very quiet for Scunny.
abc
First Team
First Team

Postby Stag on Trent » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:22 pm

I have been one of Mirfin's sternest critics but today I thought he was immense.
Stag on Trent
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:27 pm

Im going to throw this out there, but maybe giving new players a chance to settle instead of castigating them after 4 minutes of the season might catch on.
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:00 am

Marky Mark wrote:Im going to throw this out there, but maybe giving new players a chance to settle instead of castigating them after 4 minutes of the season might catch on.

Not on here it won't.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:46 am

Mirfin was always going to be class, it just takes time. Settling into a new club, new surroundings etc. For some players it doesn't happen overnight.

Also, shoutout to the woman at half time who said "get Digby off he's crap" no love, he was the best player on the park.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:16 am

Foresttownstag wrote:Mirfin was always going to be class, it just takes time. Settling into a new club, new surroundings etc. For some players it doesn't happen overnight.

Also, shoutout to the woman at half time who said "get Digby off he's crap" no love, he was the best player on the park.

The no-brain with the smoke-bombs should be taken out and "castigated"
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:37 pm

Marky Mark wrote:Im going to throw this out there, but maybe giving new players a chance to settle instead of castigating them after 4 minutes of the season might catch on.

I'm sorry, but reasoned logic has no place on this MB! ;)

If we were patient we couldnt wow our peers with our footballing encyclopedic prowess, nor impress others with gestures of strength showing the dent we can leave in the table surface from our cutlery :P

It'll never catch on Marky
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby nick_stags » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:11 am

Mirfin and Pearce are immense.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:26 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:Mirfin was always going to be class, it just takes time. Settling into a new club, new surroundings etc. For some players it doesn't happen overnight.

Sort out your spell checker, don't assume just because you got the first four letters correct that the rest will also be correct :)
ST4GS
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby The One » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:28 am

ST4GS wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Sort out your spell checker, don't assume just because you got the first four letters correct that the rest will also be correct :)

Whoooosh
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:57 pm

The One wrote:
ST4GS wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Whoooosh

Yes indeed. Looked like a 'Concorde' moment there!
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:42 pm

I have been very impressed with Mirfin recently and him and Pearce are fast becoming a solid partnership. These two along with Bennett, White, Benning and Hunt are going to a key element in our promotion push. On Saturday, I did not for one minute, think that Lincoln were going to get back in the game after we scored. They were immense and it is great to see. Greeny and Rhead were marked out of the game and I do not feel that Lincoln will be up there at the end of the season.
Feeling confident now we will build on this victory. Come on you Stags!
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:45 pm

:) well desreved

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:48 pm

london amber stag wrote:I have been very impressed with Mirfin recently and him and Pearce are fast becoming a solid partnership. These two along with Bennett, White, Benning and Hunt are going to a key element in our promotion push. On Saturday, I did not for one minute, think that Lincoln were going to get back in the game after we scored. They were immense and it is great to see. Greeny and Rhead were marked out of the game and I do not feel that Lincoln will be up there at the end of the season.
Feeling confident now we will build on this victory. Come on you Stags!

To be fair, Diamond looked good before his injury too. Keeps Mirfin & Pearce on their toes.
I've got a Grapefruit matter...
James
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby daddycool » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:54 pm

Lincoln will be top 7. Very strong defence good midfield,maybe the forwards will let them down on Saturdays performance
daddycool
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby geoffhill » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:21 pm

Both Mirfin will be aware that Diamond is waiting for one of them to slip up.He is too good to be on the bench.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum