{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Chairboys scorefred sponsored by lets keep them Seated

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Chairboys scorefred sponsored by lets keep them Seat

Postby Sneag » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:37 pm

west country stag wrote:This team still isnt good enough to win the league .

Aye we all said that in 2012/13 too right up until March!
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:39 pm

Wycombe aren't mugs. It's not a bad point.

Most would have taken 4 from 6 Saturday morning
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:39 pm

Rose should have come on for Angol to try and get a late goal.
Tre Cool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:41 pm

Wouldn't yhat have been 4 subs?
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:44 pm

Sneag wrote:Wouldn't yhat have been 4 subs?

Instead of one of the other subs. Perhaps changed it too early making 2 subs early in the 2nd half. I don't know I wasn't there. Rose has still got 2 goals to his name this season so I think he should get the chance to come off the bench. He's not had a look in since his awful penalty.
Tre Cool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby west country stag » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:46 pm

Sneag wrote:

still poor against a decent team
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
west country stag
First Team
First Team

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:48 pm

That really was poor. Barely ever looked like getting close to scoring, and lucky to get away with a point really. Was disappointed we couldn't put them under any pressure late on, I looked at the midfield four all sat in a line watching it be smashed up to the strikers and didn't seem interested in getting up the pitch whatsoever.
BH_Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sneag » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:49 pm

west country stag wrote:
Sneag wrote:

still poor against a decent team

Still better than getting their pants taken down at the likes of Gateshead & Dartford. ;)
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:49 pm

Notts 6 points ahead of us!

Big game at lincoln now.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:51 pm

BH_Stag wrote:That really was poor. Barely ever looked like getting close to scoring, and lucky to get away with a point really. Was disappointed we couldn't put them under any pressure late on, I looked at the midfield four all sat in a line watching it be smashed up to the strikers and didn't seem interested in getting up the pitch whatsoever.

Was bad enough to have Norman sat at his PC cracking his knuckle getting ready to moan about the expensive option?
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:00 pm

To the Scoreboard and Conrad Logan I owe you both an apology. You both had a great game.
I am Spartacus
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:10 pm

Still early days with this new team and were not getting beat...
Sedgwick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:12 pm

If we didn't have logan in net we would've lost that

Hunt and Mirfin played well too, that's about it though!

STILL ONLY LOST ONCE IN THE LEAGUE
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Im not the real OND » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:15 pm

Im not the real OND wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Slightly worried that Ando and Atko will be back in for tonight's game, think there is more potential to play well without at least one of them in the side.

Why's that? I'd say they've both had good starts to the season, Ando in particular.

Atkinson been poor so far IMO, Anderson been average, I haven't seen what many have seen in him. Also if they both come in, it means at least one of Byrom, Mellis or Macca will be left out, who I rate as better players.

Butcher should be the one to drop out. Round peg in a square hole on the right. Wouldn't be upset to see Atkinson in there to add a bit of bite to midfield.

Whilst there's no doubting McDonalds ability, I not sure he suits the system the Evans is persisting with. In fact individually, all out midfielders are excellent. Im just not we have the best balance in there so far. Tonight will be a good test of how we cope without a defensive presence in midfield as Wycombe will no doubt be physical.

As expected, the diamond and one midfielder didn't cope with any physical pressure. Did Evans expect Wycombe to stand off and let us pass it through them?

On the plus side, Mirfin was excellent first half (struggled in the second when it got greasy), Pearce was stand out again. Never looked like conceding, never looked like scoring.
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:16 pm

I'm not sure we never looked like conceding, Logan made 4 good saves in 5 minutes.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:22 pm

Awful team to play against,continually breaking play up when not in possession,.Not saying they are not a decent team and we're probably better on the night . We struggled with there physicality. Could be a good point at the end of the season
daddycool
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stoney » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:22 pm

Not impressed with Hemmings so far, hope he comes good but for me Rose is far more dangerous.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:27 pm

Stoney wrote:Not impressed with Hemmings so far, hope he comes good but for me Rose is far more dangerous.

Hemmings tries to many flicks and tricks. He will come good. Just a poor game by most, against good opposition in bad conditions. A point gained. Well done Conrad. I also thought Pearce had a mare tonight and will be replaced by Diamond soon, it will happen, Mirfin best defender tonight imo.
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jamie » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:28 pm

Im not the real OND wrote: Never looked like conceding, never looked like scoring.

Wow...

Did you miss the 20 minute spell first half when they totally dominated and could of scored 3/4. They had at least 10 good or very chances in that time.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:30 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Stoney wrote:Not impressed with Hemmings so far, hope he comes good but for me Rose is far more dangerous.

Hemmings tries to many flicks and tricks. He will come good. Just a poor game by most, against good opposition in bad conditions. A point gained. Well done Conrad. I also thought Pearce had a mare tonight and will be replaced by Diamond soon, it will happen, Mirfin best defender tonight imo.

Surprised you think Pearce had a mare, how so? I though he was good again.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:38 pm

Poor performance . A draw was a fair result . Logan was very good . Pearce and Mirfin were excellent .
My concern is the set up of the team . Why not play players in their best position ?
Butcher left Burton because he wasn't played in the position he liked . I think Bennett is a excellent CB but I prefer White as a right back . He offers move going forward . Rose should of been brought on .
The midfield looked clueless . They didn't offer enough service for the strikers or enough cover for the defenders . They were all over the place . We are missing a whiteman type of player .
I like Potter . Hes always impressed me . I think he deserves a start .
Wycombe are no mugs . They will be up there at the end of the season . I'm happy with a point but the overall display was disappointing .
I thought Angol did ok . I've been disappointed with Hemmings . Mirfin or Pearce were my motm
tmwilson
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Frontrowhero » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:42 pm

tmwilson wrote:Poor performance . A draw was a fair result . Logan was very good . Pearce and Mirfin were excellent .
My concern is the set up of the team . Why not play players in their best position ?
Butcher left Burton because he wasn't played in the position he liked . I think Bennett is a excellent CB but I prefer White as a right back . He offers move going forward . Rose should of been brought on .
The midfield looked clueless . They didn't offer enough service for the strikers or enough cover for the defenders . They were all over the place . We are missing a whiteman type of player .
I like Potter . Hes always impressed me . I think he deserves a start .
Wycombe are no mugs . They will be up there at the end of the season . I'm happy with a point but the overall display was disappointing .
I thought Angol did ok . I've been disappointed with Hemmings . Mirfin or Pearce were my motm

Angol ok?! I needed a laugh after that drenching
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:42 pm

Evans screwed up the subs. Took off our two most creative players at half time when there was no real need, then took off Butcher ten minutes later, who had been ineffective out of position and was clearly going to tire. Gave himself no opportunity to make an attacking change.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Frontrowhero » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:46 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Evans screwed up the subs. Took off our two most creative players at half time when there was no real need, then took off Butcher ten minutes later, who had been ineffective out of position and was clearly going to tire. Gave himself no opportunity to make an attacking change.

Yep, wrong subs. Should have taken off one of the front guys gone 3 in the middle of the park and put potter and MacDonald on the wings. Was a scrap in bad conditions, we lost all the headers, most of the tackles and were lucky to get a point
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:49 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

Surprised you think Pearce had a mare, how so? I though he was good again.

Thought he was awful first half, picked up a little second half. I'm that used to great performances from him I classed this rather rashly I suppose as I did. He was well below par tonight imo. Having said that a few others were too, but a good point.
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum