{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

never seen so many police

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: never seen so many police

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:18 am

bellwhiff wrote:Just seen the video of them on another thread. What a ridiculous piece of over policing. Anyone think we were playing Russia at home.

Just seen that myself. Ridiculous overkill. This is Mansfield v Grimsby, not Leeds v Millwall. Let's face it, amongst a crowd of 4-5000 you'll get the odd minor scuffle and a shed load of posturing by individuals with no intentions of ever risking getting close to a skirmish.

If it was Stags and spireites I'd get it, but it isn't. However, a nice little earner for the Old Bill to buy another speed gun.
Reinventing disappointment since 1897
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:26 am

Weekend overtime anyone ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:46 am

Not sure that the police get much in the way of overtime these days, I think it's more a case of cancelled leave and double shifts paid at plain time.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:50 am

Jamie wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:
Jamie wrote:You lot are funny. Large away following with track record of trouble, so they move KO and plod turns out in force. No trouble occurs so everyone has a dig at what they've done despite the fact its clearly worked.

If they did nothing and it was a different kind of game, there might of been loads of trouble - then we'd have everyone on here moaning about that.

If the plod had known we'd control the game and keep the fish fans mostly quiet they probably wouldn't of had so many there.

Better safe than sorry.

Jamie what's your middle name youth?

CREOSOTE

Because you always sit on the fence on most subjects on here

Are you for real? In best part of 20 years using this forum or its predecessor, your the first to think I've sat on the fence.

I can only assume you dont know what it means because i was clearly saying t'plod got it spot on and that when it comes to policing our fans haven't got a clue.

never argue with an idiot, they will take you down to their level, and they have had more practice there than you.
told you, what carolyn wants, carolyn gets.
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stag861 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:50 am

Dozens of police up at the railway station. Wouldn't have thought too many would have made the three hour trip (with two changes) by British Snail.
stag861
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:34 pm

wink68 wrote:The only trouble there was was caused by far too many police standing in the ailse in the middle of the Grimsby fans. Stick some between the two stands ans afew outside, but that many police just gets a reaction from the away fans.

Spot on. It only kicked off when they all appeared in the away end causing more problems than solving. There's loads of videos on social media from Grimsby fans there showing their views being blocked & the police just ignoring them when getting asked to move, which then inflamed the situation even more. Ridiculous overkill yet again from a very out of date police force.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Frontrowhero » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:57 pm

My 3 kids played a game called count the coppers from the railway inn to the ground, 32 they counted spaced out 2/3 police every 10 yards. I got the impression they were embarrassed to be there, this isn't millwall/West Ham, but mansfield/ Grimsby league2. Some even looked they wanted to antagonise fans to justify them being there! It was way over the top not needed and the sheer numbers caused more problems than they solved. Lessons to be learned, will they learn I doubt it, looking forward to the fixtures being released next season I hope it's league1, Notts police won't know what to do, every policeman/woman from Notts will be here next season. Make sure your house is locked!!
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby kevin kents tasce » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:21 pm

Dan wrote:Spot on. It only kicked off when they all appeared in the away end causing more problems than solving. There's loads of videos on social media from Grimsby fans there showing their views being blocked & the police just ignoring them when getting asked to move, which then inflamed the situation even more. Ridiculous overkill yet again from a very out of date police force.

Not quite how I saw it. Their Idiots appeared to be stood in the disabled section and not in the allocated seating.

The same idiots were involved in trouble against us home and away last season and at Chesterfield this season. I'm sure I saw a few taken out the ground and probably arrested.

I could also clearly see that the Police outside the ground only entered after the fans in the ground had started causing bother.

I agree with Jamie. Their fans are known for trouble, the Police put on enough stagf who appeared to minimize thier antics. Job well done.

I have to admit though, the gate being locked is one of the worst ideas i've ever seen. It forces fans to mix together every week.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby TBS » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:21 pm

Similar amounts of police yesterday bringing our support up from the marina in Lincoln & many lining the streets & outside the ground. Seemed to work again though.
Don`t be fooled by imitation
This is the stuff that cured a nation...
TBS
First Team
First Team

Postby Dan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:34 pm

TBS wrote:Similar amounts of police yesterday bringing our support up from the marina in Lincoln & many lining the streets & outside the ground. Seemed to work again though.

Yet they still couldn't stop smoke bombs/flares being let off in the city centre & inside the ground :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:39 pm

Dan wrote:
TBS wrote:Similar amounts of police yesterday bringing our support up from the marina in Lincoln & many lining the streets & outside the ground. Seemed to work again though.

Yet they still couldn't stop smoke bombs/flares being let off in the city centre & inside the ground :lol:

Flares?

Only on Stagsnet
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:02 pm

Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:05 pm

I'd suggest everybody search flares for themselves, instead of clicking on that raspberry.
Conker
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:07 pm

Saw a few scrapping outside the ground on the way out.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:27 pm

Dan wrote:https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=safari&hl=en-gb&tbm=isch&q=flares&chips=q:flares,g_2:smoke&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiBh5-q2azWAhXBIlAKHTvDA9QQ4lYIOSgA&biw=375&bih=628&dpr=2

They didn't look like that then?

Smoke bomb £2 from your local party shop, hazards - may make you cough a bit.

Flares about a tenner from your local chandlery, hazards - classed as a cat 1.4 explosive device capable of causing life threatening injuries.

A massive difference, and one the cops love to ignore (so they can convince the magistrates of a risk/banning order)

Surprised you didn't realise that, being a hyper critic of the boys in blue.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:34 pm

Perhaps you should read things properly & you'll see that I said smoke bombs/flares, but you just read what you like so you can have a go because you're obsessed.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:41 pm

Obsessed :hysteria:

Get over your daft self.

You used the word "flares" y/n?
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:54 pm

I wasn't there so I don't know whether they were smoke bombs or flares hence me putting a / like you just have. But for some reason you've got blinkered vision (as usual) and being pedantic (as usual)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby nigegray » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:29 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Saw a few scrapping outside the ground on the way out.

was walking out of ground down the narrow street after about 200 yards. 30/40 lincoln mafia
waiting down side street to jump us , they ran at stags fans
stags fans ran towards them a few fisty cuffs ,
they then turned quickly and ran away as fast as they could.
WH-IMPS. :lol:
nigegray
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Jamie » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:40 am

Dan wrote:

And how are they supposed to stop that? Bring 10x more police and search every single person in the city or near the ground?

You'd love that, you and your anti plod cronies would be straight on here moaning about over policing and invasion of privacy.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:23 am

First time I've ever entered a ground on an away trip, and there was a sniffer dog going round people looking for whatever they're trained to.

They did a better job of trying than most other clubs do surely?
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:30 pm

Jamie wrote:
Dan wrote:

And how are they supposed to stop that? Bring 10x more police and search every single person in the city or near the ground?

You'd love that, you and your anti plod cronies would be straight on here moaning about over policing and invasion of privacy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You are such a boring bast.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:48 pm

Anyone caught with smoke bombs should be made to eat them.
9dder2
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:49 pm

What about smoked ham rolls or a packet of smoked kippers?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:21 pm

Don't get why there seems to be an element of folk who still think smoke bombs (or whatever they're called so I don't get stuck in the spat between Dan and Beano) are acceptable or funny? Not the best for any folk who might have asthma or something.

Those fans will be the same ones that moan that the matches all KO at 1 and will probably run a mile the first time they come up against the plod or some equal knuckle dragger from another club.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum