{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

never seen so many police

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

never seen so many police

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:50 pm

how much must today's police bill be?

well OTT
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Re: never seen so many police

Postby abc » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:51 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:how much must today's police bill be?

well OTT

There must of been 30 of them outside of the Ian Greaves stand directly in front of the turnstiles when I arrived , they were all in the way and obviously didn't give a toss.
abc
First Team
First Team

Postby chip63 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:22 pm

Probably all going up the m1 for weds v forest later.
They were just practicing on us.
chip63
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:27 pm

God knows how mush they have charged us for that
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:39 pm

That wasn't needed.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:47 pm

club only pay for original officers in the ground all those called in are on notts police budget.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby die hirsche » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:49 pm

we love a bit of over-policing. it makes us feel special.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:57 pm

Grimsby fans were spot on with the what a waste of money chant
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:03 pm

The match was disgustingly over-policed. But, of course, it made PC Gabbitas seem important.

He's clearly an officer without the ability to get promoted and his position at the Wonk gives him the chance to strut around like a Chief Superintendent
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:07 pm

one f in mansfield wrote:Grimsby fans were spot on with the what a waste of money chant

That's doubly upsetting for me. I can't do 1pm ko due to family commitments. So it sounds as if there was a large police presence that could have coped with a proper ko time. And, to their credit, the supporters behaved themselves. I'm sure others who wanted to be there were prevented because of today's ko time. I hope the police review these ko times. Despite my disappointment I'm delighted with the result.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby die hirsche » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:08 pm

that's a bit personal edders.

have you got previous with said strutter?
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:12 pm

die hirsche wrote:that's a bit personal edders.

have you got previous with said strutter?

Purely an observation, DH
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:15 pm

You lot are funny. Large away following with track record of trouble, so they move KO and plod turns out in force. No trouble occurs so everyone has a dig at what they've done despite the fact its clearly worked.

If they did nothing and it was a different kind of game, there might of been loads of trouble - then we'd have everyone on here moaning about that.

If the plod had known we'd control the game and keep the fish fans mostly quiet they probably wouldn't of had so many there.

Better safe than sorry.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby die hirsche » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:16 pm

i suspect you're entirely right.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:16 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:The match was disgustingly over-policed. But, of course, it made PC Gabbitas seem important.

He's clearly an officer without the ability to get promoted and his position at the Wonk gives him the chance to strut around like a Chief Superintendent

You do realise that the two letters you have written in bold, are the very reason that PC Gabbitas makes absolutely none of these decisions don't you?

You do realise that he is just the front used by his bosses to take the flack for these decisions, don't you?

You know, for someone who whimpers on incessantly about board bullies, you do seem to be enjoying digging out someone just doing his job, and with no way to defend himself.
Who needs a Dutchman, when we've got Holland.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:20 pm

Big yella wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:The match was disgustingly over-policed. But, of course, it made PC Gabbitas seem important.

You do realise that the two letters you have written in bold, are the very reason that PC Gabbitas makes absolutely none of these decisions don't you?

You do realise that he is just the front used by his bosses to take the flack for these decisions, don't you?

You know, for someone who whimpers on incessantly about board bullies, you do seem to be enjoying digging out someone just doing his job, and with no way to defend himself.

Your response has validity. And I really don't think that I whimper on about Board bullies, incessantly or otherwise.
Last edited by EdwinstoweStag on Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:22 pm

The only trouble there was was caused by far too many police standing in the ailse in the middle of the Grimsby fans. Stick some between the two stands ans afew outside, but that many police just gets a reaction from the away fans.
wink68
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:45 pm

Jamie wrote:You lot are funny. Large away following with track record of trouble, so they move KO and plod turns out in force. No trouble occurs so everyone has a dig at what they've done despite the fact its clearly worked.

If they did nothing and it was a different kind of game, there might of been loads of trouble - then we'd have everyone on here moaning about that.

If the plod had known we'd control the game and keep the fish fans mostly quiet they probably wouldn't of had so many there.

Better safe than sorry.

I'm all for crowd safety, and if it warrants an early ko so be it. However, they need to review both ways.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:31 pm

Jamie wrote:You lot are funny. Large away following with track record of trouble, so they move KO and plod turns out in force. No trouble occurs so everyone has a dig at what they've done despite the fact its clearly worked.

Better safe than sorry.

Sometimes you do talk sense.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:07 pm

Better safe than sorry.

Jamie what's your middle name youth?

CREOSOTE

Because you always sit on the fence on most subjects on here
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:28 pm

Are the number of high viz wearing guardians of law and order included in the attendance figures? Perhaps the number of Notts finest could be announced after the total number of away fans.

Johnathan in the SPB could run a guess the number of plod in the ground competition at £1 a go.
I am Spartacus
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:48 pm

was there more police because of the trouble at grimsby away last season?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:07 am

Just seen the video of them on another thread. What a ridiculous piece of over policing. Anyone think we were playing Russia at home.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:46 am

SINA STAG wrote:

Better safe than sorry.

Jamie what's your middle name youth?

CREOSOTE

Because you always sit on the fence on most subjects on here

Are you for real? In best part of 20 years using this forum or its predecessor, your the first to think I've sat on the fence.

I can only assume you dont know what it means because i was clearly saying t'plod got it spot on and that when it comes to policing our fans haven't got a clue.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:39 am

:lol:
some have got a sense of humour :lol: but not many :lol:
:lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Next