{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Samit v Steve Evans!

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Samit v Steve Evans!

Postby Grendon Stag » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:22 pm

Apologies if this is not your cup of tea however i know there's a lot of Stags fans follow the fortunes of our county cricket cub .

Just been informed that the Stags are supporting Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club all rounder Samit Patels Testimonial Year with a Question of Sport style Quiz to be held in the 1861 Suite on Thursday 5th October at 7pm. Samit and Steve Evans are the 2 opposing captains. Should be a good night.

Anybody interested in tickets they will be on sale www.samitpateltestimonial.com/shop
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Samit v Steve Evans!

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:58 pm

https://www.samitpateltestimonial.com/events
A Question of Sport Quiz Evening
October 05, 2017
£20 per person to include a Pie & Pea Supper
Samit joined by Paul Franks and Steven Mullaney take on a Mansfield Town FC team captained by Steve Evans in a sports quiz based on the popular TV show.
An evening of camaraderie and entertaining competition - a must for all sports lovers!

that's excellent.

Is Samit a football fan? I know that Paul Franks is a Stags fan and have seen him at matches.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Foresttownstag » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:45 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:https://www.samitpateltestimonial.com/events
October 05, 2017
Samit joined by Paul Franks and Steven Mullaney take on a Mansfield Town FC team captained by Steve Evans in a sports quiz based on the popular TV show.
An evening of camaraderie and entertaining competition - a must for all sports lovers!

that's excellent.

Is Samit a football fan? I know that Paul Franks is a Stags fan and have seen him at matches.

Yes, he's a Forest fan
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:04 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
October 05, 2017

that's excellent.

Yes, he's a Forest fan

Really?... That's an odd one, being a Leicester lad.

Well done MTFC Samit is a local leg-end.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:12 pm

Grendon Stag wrote:Apologies if this is not your cup of tea however i know there's a lot of Stags fans follow the fortunes of our county cricket cub .

Just been informed that the Stags are supporting Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club all rounder Samit Patels Testimonial Year with a Question of Sport style Quiz to be held in the 1861 Suite on Thursday 5th October at 7pm. Samit and Steve Evans are the 2 opposing captains. Should be a good night.

Anybody interested in tickets they will be on sale http://www.samitpateltestimonial.com/shop

Saw a few Stags shirts in the crowd in the Quarter final against Somerset. Couldn't make finals day as I was playing, but what a great day that is. Samit is a great cricketer and should be playing for England instead of the walking wickets - they might be slimmer than Samit, but also are less talented. Should be a cracking night!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:52 pm

Rob wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:Apologies if this is not your cup of tea however i know there's a lot of Stags fans follow the fortunes of our county cricket cub .

Anybody interested in tickets they will be on sale http://www.samitpateltestimonial.com/shop

Saw a few Stags shirts in the crowd in the Quarter final against Somerset. Couldn't make finals day as I was playing, but what a great day that is. Samit is a great cricketer and should be playing for England instead of the walking wickets - they might be slimmer than Samit, but also are less talented. Should be a cracking night!

Was at Finals Day Rob it was a great day out. £61 a ticket but worth every penny.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:02 pm

October 05, 2017

that's excellent.

I believe Paul Frank's is also attending Martin as part of Samits Q of S team
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:19 pm

Grendon Stag wrote:
October 05, 2017

that's excellent.

I believe Paul Frank's is also attending Martin as part of Samits Q of S team

indeed Gary, Paul Franks and Steven Mullaney. Sounds like it should be a great night
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby BigGuy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:48 am

Grendon Stag wrote:
Was at Finals Day Rob it was a great day out. £61 a ticket but worth every penny.

Careful mate, those that don't like cricket and would prefer to listen to Jeremy Corbyn will start having a dig :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by BigGuy on Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigGuy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby m1cksut » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:43 pm

BigGuy wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:

Careful mate, those that would prefer to listen to Jeremy Corbyn will start having a dig :lol: :lol: :lol:

what a plank!
told you, what carolyn wants, carolyn gets.
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BigGuy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:18 pm

My thoughts on Corbyn exactly :lol:
BigGuy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Wh_Stag » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:58 pm

Samit has been excellent for notts lately, this will be a great event!
Wh_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:32 pm

Wh_Stag wrote:Samit has been excellent for notts lately, this will be a great event!

He's been unreal, unsung hero. Should be in the England set up.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:56 am

Samit may have been born in Leicester but grew up in Nottingham. I should know, I went to the same school as him and Akhil!
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby abc » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:01 am

Foresttownstag wrote:
Wh_Stag wrote:Samit has been excellent for notts lately, this will be a great event!

Foresttownstag wrote:

why should he ? He had his chance and averaged 16 with the bat and 60 with the ball. Told to get fit and lose some timber he then came back even heavier ! Good County Cricketer but don't get carried away.
abc
First Team
First Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:15 am

Isn't he a bit rotund to even be considered for the national side ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:40 am

bellwhiff wrote:Isn't he a bit rotund to even be considered for the national side ?

I think that this is why he has been ignored by the England selectors. Their loss!
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:59 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby abc » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:15 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Isn't he a bit rotund to even be considered for the national side ?

I think that this is why he has been ignored by the England selectors. Their loss!

Simply didn't cut it when given the chance.
abc
First Team
First Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum