{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Rotherham U21s v Mansfield Town Reserves 5th Sept 2.00pm

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Rotherham U21s v Mansfield Town Reserves 5th Sept 2.00pm

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:09 pm

There is an U21 game tomorrow at Parkgate FC in Rotherham. Kick Off 2.00pm. Free Entry.

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2017 ... gue-clash/

Parkgate FC
Roundwood Sports Complex, Green Lane, Rawmarsh, Rotherham, S62 6LA. Tel: (01709) 826600
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3062
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Rotherham U21s v Mansfield Town U21s 5th Sept 2.00pm

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:27 pm

Strong side:

Olejnik
White, Diamond, Digby, Hunt
MacDonald, Thomas, Butcher
Sterling-James, Spencer

HT: 0-0

Keaton Ward replaced Calum Butcher

Rotherham take lead from a penalty.

Jordan Graham replaces Alfie Potter and goes up front.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3062
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Rotherham U21s v Mansfield Town U21s 5th Sept 2.00pm

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:44 pm

I'm surprised Jack hasn't gone out on loan yet.Maybe he's happier playing for the U21s.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2819
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Rotherham U21s v Mansfield Town U21s 5th Sept 2.00pm

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:49 pm

Amber Andy wrote:I'm surprised Jack hasn't gone out on loan yet.Maybe he's happier playing for the U21s.


Think I saw Evans say they hadn't had an offer from the "right" club yet, he obviously thinks something of him if he's being picky about sending him out.

No point going out on loan and not playing, like he did when he went to Barrow
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2174
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Rotherham U21s v Mansfield Town U21s 5th Sept 2.00pm

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:52 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:I'm surprised Jack hasn't gone out on loan yet.Maybe he's happier playing for the U21s.


Think I saw Evans say they hadn't had an offer from the "right" club yet, he obviously thinks something of him if he's being picky about sending him out.

No point going out on loan and not playing, like he did when he went to Barrow

Totally agree. It's nice that SE appears to be looking after him.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2819
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Rotherham U21s v Mansfield Town U21s 5th Sept 2.00pm

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:00 pm

FT: Rotherham United U21s 1 Mansfield Town Reserves 0

A very disappointing result for the Reserves against a very young Millers side which only featured a couple of players who are near their first team squad. I will check later.

Steve Evans was not here but he will be disappointed.

I wonder if he is thinking about playing Digby at centre half.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3062
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Rotherham U21s v Mansfield Town U21s 5th Sept 2.00pm

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:08 pm

Very poor result to be honest.

How can you Evo justify changing the team when they can't beat, or even score, against Rotherham's youth team.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1991
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Rotherham U21s v Mansfield Town U21s 5th Sept 2.00pm

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:26 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Very poor result to be honest.

How can you Evo justify changing the team when they can't beat, or even score, against Rotherham's youth team.

Because he's the manager. Reserve games tend to be experimental. Although it is a poor result some individuals may have performed well.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2819
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Rotherham U21s v Mansfield Town U21s 5th Sept 2.00pm

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:52 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Very poor result to be honest.

How can you Evo justify changing the team when they can't beat, or even score, against Rotherham's youth team.

Because he's the manager. Reserve games tend to be experimental. Although it is a poor result some individuals may have performed well.


The players aren't exactly knocking the door down though are they purely judging on the result. The keeper gave away a pen, the defence let a youth team score against them, and the attack didn't score any goals against a youth team. How impressive could it have been?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1991
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Rotherham U21s v Mansfield Town U21s 5th Sept 2.00pm

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:48 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Very poor result to be honest.

How can you Evo justify changing the team when they can't beat, or even score, against Rotherham's youth team.

Because he's the manager. Reserve games tend to be experimental. Although it is a poor result some individuals may have performed well.


The players aren't exactly knocking the door down though are they purely judging on the result. The keeper gave away a pen, the defence let a youth team score against them, and the attack didn't score any goals against a youth team. How impressive could it have been?
I don't know, as I wasn't there. I suppose Saturday's team selection will provide the answer.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2819
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Rotherham U21s v Mansfield Town U21s 5th Sept 2.00pm

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:08 pm

TINK TONK EVO WHERES OUR WINS??
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2570
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Rotherham U21s v Mansfield Town U21s 5th Sept 2.00pm

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:30 pm

Rotherham's two players with FL experience were David Ball and Jonson Clarke-Harris (23).
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3062
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Rotherham U21s v Mansfield Town U21s 5th Sept 2.00pm

Postby part time pete » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:27 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Strong side:

Olejnik
White, Diamond, Digby, Hunt
MacDonald, Thomas, Butcher
Sterling-James, Spencer

HT: 0-0

Keaton Ward replaced Calum Butcher

Rotherham take lead from a penalty.

Jordan Graham replaces Alfie Potter and goes up front.


No wonder we lost playing with only ten men. :lol: :lol:
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 4499
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Rotherham U21s v Mansfield Town U21s 5th Sept 2.00pm

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:54 pm

Harry Potter got his spells all wrong and disappeared in a puff of smoke! :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3062
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Rotherham U21s v Mansfield Town U21s 5th Sept 2.00pm

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:25 am

This was another game we should have won based on possession and chances. Rotherham had one chance in the 1st half and and a penalty in the 2nd half when Olejnik brought down a Rotherham player driving into the area.

We had loads of corners and free kicks near the edge of the area but never really threatened the goal with any of them. Do we actually practice corners in training? Steve Evans said we would be more dangerous at set pieces this season but the evidence to date suggests that we are not even as good as last season. We also do not seem to have a Plan B. We just chucked Zander Diamond up front near the end and hit long balls. It nearly worked when Spencer headed a ball on to Diamond but his shot was saved.

The game also confirmed again that there is no point hitting high balls up the pitch to Jimmy Spencer. We need to play them to his chest or feet so he can hold the ball up. Omari Sterling-James needs to work on his final ball otherwise he is no more effective than Lindon Meikle. Jimmy Spencer was getting frustrated with him. Ironically, he did finally hit a great ball across the box which Spencer did not react to quick enough.

Jack Thomas battled hard in midfield and made some good tackles. He might be better off concentrating on being a defensive midfield player where he can use his energy to close down attackers and make tackles. He did pick up his customary yellow card though. Keaton Ward did well when he came on in the 2nd half. Alex MacDonald worked hard and must be close to a recall to the first team after his early season injury. He scored a goal but it was ruled offside.
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3062
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Rotherham U21s v Mansfield Town U21s 5th Sept 2.00pm

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:29 am

Match Reports.

"Da Ball" did well for Rotherham and "As the game approached the final ten minutes, it became quite crappy with neither side able to create a clear opportunity."

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2017 ... 0-1-stags/

https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/2017/ ... g-feeling/
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3062
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Rotherham U21s v Mansfield Town U21s 5th Sept 2.00pm

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:15 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:This was another game we should have won based on possession and chances. Rotherham had one chance in the 1st half and and a penalty in the 2nd half when Olejnik brought down a Rotherham player driving into the area.

We had loads of corners and free kicks near the edge of the area but never really threatened the goal with any of them. Do we actually corners in training? Steve Evans said we would be more dangerous at set pieces this season but the evidence to date suggests that we are not even as good as last season. We also do not seem to have a Plan B. We just chucked Zander Diamond up front near the end and hit long balls. It nearly worked when Spencer headed a ball on to Diamond but his shot was saved.

The game also confirmed again that there is no point hitting high balls up the pitch to Jimmy Spencer. We need to play them to his chest or feet so he can hold the ball up. Omari Sterling-James needs to work on his final ball otherwise he is no more effective than Lindon Meikle. Jimmy Spencer was getting frustrated with him. Ironically, he did finally hit a great ball across the box which Spencer did not react to quick enough.

Jack Thomas battled hard in midfield and made some good tackles. He might be better off concentrating on being a defensive midfield player where he can use his energy to close down attackers and make tackles. He did pick up his customary yellow card though. Keaton Ward did well when he came on in the 2nd half. Alex MacDonald worked hard and must be close to a recall to the first team after his early season injury. He scored a goal but it was ruled offside.

Have we got so low on here that we are getting all Evans Out over a practice game ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10044
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Rotherham U21s v Mansfield Town U21s 5th Sept 2.00pm

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:42 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:This was another game we should have won based on possession and chances. Rotherham had one chance in the 1st half and and a penalty in the 2nd half when Olejnik brought down a Rotherham player driving into the area.

We had loads of corners and free kicks near the edge of the area but never really threatened the goal with any of them. Do we actually corners in training? Steve Evans said we would be more dangerous at set pieces this season but the evidence to date suggests that we are not even as good as last season. We also do not seem to have a Plan B. We just chucked Zander Diamond up front near the end and hit long balls. It nearly worked when Spencer headed a ball on to Diamond but his shot was saved.

The game also confirmed again that there is no point hitting high balls up the pitch to Jimmy Spencer. We need to play them to his chest or feet so he can hold the ball up. Omari Sterling-James needs to work on his final ball otherwise he is no more effective than Lindon Meikle. Jimmy Spencer was getting frustrated with him. Ironically, he did finally hit a great ball across the box which Spencer did not react to quick enough.

Jack Thomas battled hard in midfield and made some good tackles. He might be better off concentrating on being a defensive midfield player where he can use his energy to close down attackers and make tackles. He did pick up his customary yellow card though. Keaton Ward did well when he came on in the 2nd half. Alex MacDonald worked hard and must be close to a recall to the first team after his early season injury. He scored a goal but it was ruled offside.

Have we got so low on here that we are getting all Evans Out over a practice game ?

Exactly.I really don't understand why some have got such negative reactions against SE so early in the season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2819
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Rotherham U21s v Mansfield Town Reserves 5th Sept 2.00pm

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:59 am

It does not fill you with confidence to see our very well rewarded first team squad players struggling to break down a youth team defence. I would never want "Evans Out" because it would probably cost the club a fortune. However he and Raynor can do a lot better and need to start winning games. One win in seven is not good enough bearing in mind the resources and backing they have been given by the club.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3062
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Rotherham U21s v Mansfield Town Reserves 5th Sept 2.00pm

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:34 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:It does not fill you with confidence to see our very well rewarded first team squad players struggling to break down a youth team defence. I would never want "Evans Out" because it would probably cost the club a fortune. However he and Raynor can do a lot better and need to start winning games. One win in seven is not good enough bearing in mind the resources and backing they have been given by the club.


one win in 7 doesn't look great, but we've only lost one (in the league which was always our priority)

and this was a youth/reserve game :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2570
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Rotherham U21s v Mansfield Town Reserves 5th Sept 2.00pm

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:20 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:It does not fill you with confidence to see our very well rewarded first team squad players struggling to break down a youth team defence. I would never want "Evans Out" because it would probably cost the club a fortune. However he and Raynor can do a lot better and need to start winning games. One win in seven is not good enough bearing in mind the resources and backing they have been given by the club.



The epitomy of glass half empty...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
User avatar
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2463
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: Rotherham U21s v Mansfield Town Reserves 5th Sept 2.00pm

Postby Upper West » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:25 am

"Da Ball" did well for Rotherham and "As the game approached the final ten minutes, it became quite crappy with neither side able to create a clear opportunity."


Was it really a load of Cr**?
Upper West
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:34 am

Re: Rotherham U21s v Mansfield Town Reserves 5th Sept 2.00pm

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:11 pm

Strong side and a loss is surprising with the likes of Butcher and McDonald and Diamond included.

Agree with Tippy Tappy that when u look at the resources given to SE and PR by JR and CE they need to start chalking up some wins from somewhere soon as the season looks flat as a pancake so far but the eggs, flour and all the ingredients from Waitrose are the best we can afford to buy and the pancake should be much more fluffy and appealing with a slight topping of lemon or syrup by now.

Lets hope that the pancake does not get burnt with a slight smell of fish on Sat!!!
tillydog123
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2465
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Rotherham U21s v Mansfield Town Reserves 5th Sept 2.00pm

Postby northern stag » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:26 pm

A bit of perspective is called for, we have played 5 games of a 46 game season and nobody wins anything in August/September.
It's fair enough to say we aren't playing to our full potential, but rubbishing the manager and certain players this early is unfair
northern stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: Rotherham U21s v Mansfield Town Reserves 5th Sept 2.00pm

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:16 pm

northern stag wrote:A bit of perspective is called for, we have played 5 games of a 46 game season and nobody wins anything in August/September.
It's fair enough to say we aren't playing to our full potential, but rubbishing the manager and certain players this early is unfair


So what you are saying is teams can still move around in the league as positions aren't finalised and Exeter aren't Champions for being top after just 5 games because there's another 41 games to go (almost 90% of the season)....

In all seriousness i agree and the team need to be given until Christmas, if we look in trouble at that point then feel free to sharpen the knifes but until we have played a significant number of games the team needs the support, not panic because we aren't beating teams (that includes reserve teams) 5 - 0 every outing.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], smulls, ST4GS, sw19stag and 24 guests