{ the forum }

Stagsnet wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Woburn lane funding??

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Woburn lane funding??

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:45 am

Jamie wrote:Would be ashame if this has been canned just so we can have 2/3 expensive players who won't play...

Have you actually read this thread man ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:47 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
BigDave wrote:I know a friend very high up at the planning section at Notts county council, being a builder myself I find this kind of information out, but on the planning it says Woburn lane had been stopped due to financial reason, Paul broughton being the man in charge.. #broughtonout

In light of Steve's information, would you care to comment ?

He shall from this day forward be known as Big Div

Same as TerryEccleswasGod said on t'Clownty thread when talking about Big Al, 'Never trust anyone who calls themself 'Big'.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:04 pm

steve-hymas wrote:I am in charge of the Woburn site so mr Broughton is not to blame .
To update a little ,we have now levelled and seeded two grass pitches which are being cut regular and will soon be top dressed so they can be used .we had to use lorries a bulldozer and 360 excavator as the site has a fall of several metres from Woburn lane down to the bottom hedge.
The top section of the site has all the stone removed and is ready for the 3G pitch to start.This was done under a previous planning application.
All the planning has now been passed for the new 3G and pavillion and we are working through the conditions put on by the council.These have to be discharged before work can start .There are no issues with funding and as soon as we are allowed to start it we will .
As with all projects there is always the red tape to deal with and that's where we are at .
It can be frustrating at times having to wait but we are ahead of the game with the grass pitches.
Myself and JR have started a new company called Mansfield Town Developments and I am currently building 14 bungalows at forest town from which profits will go into such projects.This company owns the Woburn lane site and we are current shirt sponsors of the youth academy if anyone has noticed.
A lot of work is going on behind the scenes to make the club financially viable.

Excellent news from Steve who has put in a massive amount of time and work into this project and the youth teams and all for free.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby vicar jeremiah » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:07 pm

On a Sunday I tend to reflect with a glass of church wine, and Sarah Brightman's Eden album gently playing in the background. In the early days of my clergy training the focus often turned to being blessed, I feel blessed that we have, in SH, one of us, a fan of MTFC, who is constantly striving for improvements on our behalf through thick and thin.

We have lots to look forward to so let's stick together

"All the believers were together and had everything in common"

Acts CH 2 V 44
Kylie Minogue, God's gift to Mankind
vicar jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby BigDave » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:57 pm

Just what I've been told, glad it's been put too bed and steve has taken time to answer.
BigDave
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:09 pm

BigDave wrote:Just what I've been told, glad it's been put too bed and steve has taken time to answer.

It very well illustrates the value in good communication from th club.

In the absence of genuine nformation, it doesn't take much for rumour, Chinese whispers and guesswork to become "fact"

I would like to add my thanks to Steve H. He has put his money where his mouth is and does a lot of (often unrecognised) development work at the club.

Plus.... he quite clearly had the appropriate amount of (dis)respect for Keith Haslam during the bad old days.
Last edited by EdwinstoweStag on Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:01 pm

vicar Jeremiah wrote:On a Sunday I tend to reflect with a glass of church wine, and Sarah Brightman's Eden album gently playing in the background. In the early days of my clergy training the focus often turned to being blessed, I feel blessed that we have, in SH, one of us, a fan of MTFC, who is constantly striving for improvements on our behalf through thick and thin.

We have lots to look forward to so let's stick together

"All the believers were together and had everything in common"

Acts CH 2 V 44

In the words of our beloved Stagsnet clergymen......

Here ends the sermon on another pointless post to be aired on here...

Amen
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum