{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Coulthirst

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Coulthirst

Postby spainmick » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:53 pm

I just noticed shaquille coulthirst has scored 3 for Barnet...did he look like a goalscorer last season
spainmick
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Coulthirst

Postby Tre Cool » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:56 pm

No worse than Angol, probably better
Tre Cool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby spainmick » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:59 pm

I live in Spain so follow stags on here...not seen the stags since bury away 27th December 2015...Murrays. Early days ...very poor ...I assume the current team is a lot better
spainmick
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby S7AGS » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:01 pm

Green and coulthirst are better than angol and spencer....lincoln fans can't believe we released green and signed angol
S7AGS
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:03 pm

Lincoln fans where crying like bitches about moneybags Mansfield when we signed Angol.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:06 pm

spainmick wrote:I live in Spain so follow stags on here...not seen the stags since bury away 27th December 2015...Murrays. Early days ...very poor ...I assume the current team is a lot better

Yes current team better Man for man. Still difficult to see how we play as a team. Much the same as when Murray was here!
Still need whole to be better than the sum of the parts, which at present we aren't.
Hopefully will be by end of season
robeyre
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:11 pm

spainmick wrote:I just noticed shaquille coulthirst has scored 3 for Barnet...did he look like a goalscorer last season

No, tended to hold onto the ball too long. Most fans weren't sorry to see him go. But I guess now he's scored a hat trick views will change.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:18 pm

S7AGS wrote:Green and coulthirst are better than angol and spencer....lincoln fans can't believe we released green and signed angol

I have to agree - Green is better than all the strikers that we had last season and this season. I said at the time it was a mistake letting him go.

As for Coulthirst - talented, but held on to the ball too long - I wasn't sorry to see him go. He was better than Spencer though.

Hopefully our current strikers will prove that Steve Evans was right as the season progresses.
Vice President
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby die hirsche » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:22 pm

Vice President wrote:
S7AGS wrote:Green and coulthirst are better than angol and spencer....lincoln fans can't believe we released green and signed angol

I have to agree - Green is better than all the strikers that we had last season and this season. I said at the time it was a mistake letting him go.

As for Coulthirst - talented, but held on to the ball too long - I wasn't sorry to see him go. He was better than Spencer though.

Hopefully our current strikers will prove that Steve Evans was right as the season progresses.

complete raspberrys
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:27 pm

Shaq is a good player ,not for us though ,green has had his day ,not as good as lee angol think were doing ok so far early days ,we will be up there
spanishstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:00 pm

Vice President wrote:

I enjoyed watching Greenie play but he has gone. End of.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:30 pm

Green who?
Mr Evans is on borrowed time
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:50 pm

If you think shaq is better than angol you know absolutley F all about football.... you dont watch the game and are clearly hung on stags

Id argue alll day about Angol V shaq.... theres only one winmer by a mile.

Angol knows how to hold up and pass a ball for a start
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:54 pm

Angol better than Shaq and Green, but just give the team time. 5 games fgs
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:05 pm

Chander Lear wrote:If you think shaq is better than angol you know absolutley F all about football.... you dont watch the game and are clearly hung on stags

Id argue alll day about Angol V shaq.... theres only one winmer by a mile.

Angol knows how to hold up and pass a ball for a start

Spot on mate . Some folk haven't got a clue .
Ask any Peterborough fan who they rate the most out of the two . Some boro fans were upset Angol left . They couldn't wait for Coulthirst to leave . But what they know after watching them both ?. Just compare their scoring records .
Lincoln fans were peeded that he joined us instead of them . If he went to the imps , they would of said he's a quality signing . I'm a huge Green fan . I was upset he left but he wasn't the player he once was . He's never been the same since the bad injury .

Some of our fans have a strange obsession with ex players who score and then slaughter tge current players we have .
tmwilson
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:15 pm

Just seems coulthirsts goal, well one of them. It was a right cracker! He never looked like doing that for us in a million years
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:42 pm

I agree angol has got probably a more 'complete game' holds the ball up etc but I can't see him scoring that many just my opinion.

Seems to me to be a text book target man that doesn't want to be one of them he wants to be the 'goalscorer' ....
S7AGS
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby pemill » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:02 pm

Was there a GK or is there another Logan
pemill
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:06 pm

Coulthirst was not as good as Angol IMHO, no awareness of what is happening around him and always needed an extra touch.

Green is quality at this level and will prove it at Lincoln. Up to press we still haven't signed anything better, though I think Hemmings may well prove to be. Hope he doesn't score two more winners against us this season.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Jimstag » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:34 pm

Shaq has all the attributes and is quality at this level when on his day, just wasn't nearly consistent enough here.

I'm certain green would have been playing at a much higher level without his injury. He never hit top form for us in league 2 but still scored a few, from what I heard he had a issues on and off the field last year and Evans appeared to take a dislike. Green needed to move on and has already scored a few at Lincoln, I'm sure having the support of rheady helps.

Angol also has all the attributes and feels like a better all-round striker. He scored quite a few in preseason but hasn't hit form in the league, it feels like it's only time. My only question is whether he is ruthless enough to get the 20 goals a season? Some have this instinct and others don't and I'm not fully convinced yet.
Jimstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby ParisStag » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:02 am

I guarantee you that Angol will score more than Shaq this season. Probably more than Green too.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:10 am

S7AGS wrote:I agree angol has got probably a more 'complete game' holds the ball up etc but I can't see him scoring that many just my opinion.

Seems to me to be a text book target man that doesn't want to be one of them he wants to be the 'goalscorer' ....

Text book target man... that doesn't win anything in the air... he can hold it up when played to feet but he's another (like Green) who is too scared to get his head on it and prefers to try and steal a foul from the defender.

I'd still take him over Shaq though.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby die hirsche » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:02 pm

Angol is improving game on game. Yesterday he looked sharper and a real handful.

Another few games and I think him and Hemmings will be lethal.

Just hope we're not too far off the top 3 before it all clicks. There's certainly signs every time I see them that we are becoming a bit more cohesive.

This is definitely a side that needs a bit of time. When everything falls into place we'll probably be the best side in the division.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:41 pm

Agree with that comment.Patience is needed by the fans.See where we are at christmas I will be very surprised if we are not in the top five.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum