{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stags Stewards

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stags Stewards

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:26 pm

Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Stags Stewards

Postby tibby » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:32 pm

Patted down. Well, whoopy do.

Is this really the world we live in, where this actually makes the news, and anyone actually cares?
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jamie » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:02 pm

It is a bit of a fuss over nothing but the club has said its guidelines are for same sex searches. So if this has happened they have a right to complain.

Given that nothing indecent happened and there is no law against it i cant see much happening as a result. Maybe some retraining and an apology from the club.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:16 pm

Jamie wrote:It is a bit of a fuss over nothing but the club has said its guidelines are for same sex searches. So if this has happened they have a right to complain.

Given that nothing indecent happened and there is no law against it i cant see much happening as a result. Maybe some retraining and an apology from the club.

Speaking only for myself of course, I would welcome more patting down!
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:47 pm

It's a pity Michelle Keegan isn't a steward, she could pat me down any time.
Whether it'd stay down is a different matter :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Vera Duckworth » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:08 pm

I noticed on Saturday that a steward was stood in the West stand stairwell wishing us fans a safe journey home!
Vera Duckworth
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:33 pm

Vera Duckworth wrote:I noticed on Saturday that a steward was stood in the West stand stairwell wishing us fans a safe journey home!

Yes. The stewards on the stairwell in the IGU from near the KB lounge doors are always polite and helpful.
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:02 pm

Hold on a minute, those of you saying it's a fuss over nothing don't know the full facts. This was a CHILD for a start. If he 'patted' her down the sides, which they do, he could easily have touched her breasts intentionally or unintentionally, which then puts it into the murky waters of child sex abuse.

The steward is an idiot for putting himself in such a vulnerable situation in the first place and he could find himself in serious bother if she claims he 'touched her up'.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:15 pm

I think any male steward who pats down a female or a kid is either nieve, really really dumb or a perv.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:20 pm

Or all three!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:43 am

It's wrong full stop.
jusr deleted 2 paragraphs on this subject.
It's wrong. End of no excuse.
chip63
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Jimstag » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:07 am

It shouldn't happen.
It becomes a damage limitation exercise for the club, they need investigate, apologise and take appropriate action if necessary.
Restate the clubs same sex searching policy and give the stewards and extra briefing before the next game and the club has done all it can.
Jimstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Jamie » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:02 am

Dan wrote:Hold on a minute, those of you saying it's a fuss over nothing don't know the full facts. This was a CHILD for a start. If he 'patted' her down the sides, which they do, he could easily have touched her breasts intentionally or unintentionally, which then puts it into the murky waters of child sex abuse.

The steward is an idiot for putting himself in such a vulnerable situation in the first place and he could find himself in serious bother if she claims he 'touched her up'.

Dan, shes 16... not a child. Your acting as if this was a 10yr old...
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby edwinscott » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:04 am

16 is still a child!! It is wrong end of
edwinscott
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adoptedstag » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:05 am

Just wrong , female steward yes, but a male steward naive at best.
adoptedstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Jamie » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:09 am

Im not saying it isn't wrong. Although its not illegal im glad the club has a same sex policy. Clearly whoever did this was in the wrong.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:08 am

The blame lies at the door of the person who recruits, trains and monitors the stewards
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:56 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:The blame lies at the door of the person who recruits, trains and monitors the stewards

I guess that depends. If they've been correctly trained then the blame lies with the individual who didn't follow that training / guidance.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:16 pm

Jamie wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:The blame lies at the door of the person who recruits, trains and monitors the stewards

I guess that depends. If they've been correctly trained then the blame lies with the individual who didn't follow that training / guidance.

Then that's where the monitoring comes in. Because if someone is still doing this after their training then, they need monitoring and sacking, pronto.
Who needs a Dutchman, when we've got Holland.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:25 pm

Big yella wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Then that's where the monitoring comes in. Because if someone is still doing this after their training then, they need monitoring and sacking, pronto.

You can't watch everyone all the time... given the complaint being public and that the company will no doubt say they've given the correct training, this may well end in some form of disciplinary.

Given there was no groping and it was just a pat down, seems harsh to sack someone.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:38 pm

What would be the grounds for an adult male 'patting down' a 16 year old girl?

If I had a 16 year old daughter and some oaf in a hi-viz wanted to publicly search her, it would not be ending well for the steward.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:46 pm

Sneag wrote:What would be the grounds for an adult male 'patting down' a 16 year old girl?

If I had a 16 year old daughter and some oaf in a hi-viz wanted to publicly search her, it would not be ending well for the steward.

I know as much as you... The clubs policy is for it not too happen but it's not illegal. There are no grounds for it as our policy is for it not to happen.

Like i said the steward was wrong, naive and has gone against club policy. It could be his error or a training issue.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:03 pm

Jamie wrote:
Sneag wrote:What would be the grounds for an adult male 'patting down' a 16 year old girl?

I know as much as you... The clubs policy is for it not too happen but it's not illegal. There are no grounds for it as our policy is for it not to happen.

Like i said the steward was wrong, naive and has gone against club policy. It could be his error or a training issue.

It may not be illegal Jamie, but I've done scores of searches of people under PACE and I wouldn't touch a female even if I was ordered to, it's such a potential career ending minefield.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:10 pm

Jamie wrote:
Dan wrote:Hold on a minute, those of you saying it's a fuss over nothing don't know the full facts. This was a CHILD for a start. If he 'patted' her down the sides, which they do, he could easily have touched her breasts intentionally or unintentionally, which then puts it into the murky waters of child sex abuse.

Dan, shes 16... not a child. Your acting as if this was a 10yr old...

Oh dear.....
Dan
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum