{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Taft joins Cambridge on loan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Taft joins Cambridge on loan

Postby JimmyMac » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:23 pm

Good because it's disrespectful and offensive!! :coys:
JimmyMac
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby abc » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:58 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
garlic wrote:
Im not the real OND wrote:
oldweststander wrote:What's all this disrespect for Steve Evans by our supporters. OK he carries too much weight, he always has, but why the insults from our teams supporters.

Grow up and let SE do his job.

Since you ask.... ;) My opinion of him hasn't changed since he has been here. I think he is a prize 'raspberry'. I think that's how we phrase it on here.

He is a convicted fraudster and cheated his way into the football league. I believe the way he conducts himself isn't fitting with the way the club wants to be portraying itself.

I disagree with his approach of buying success by bringing in a whole raft of players at the expense of developing talent. I don't believe this approach will benefit the club in the long run. As shown with the struggles experienced at his previous clubs.

His past record is excellent, mostly because he has been afforded the funds that many lower league managers dream of. His talent lies with recruiting proven players and convincing Chairmen to part with their money.

From what I have seen since he has been here, his tactical nous seems to be shouting and bawling and his own players and officials. He has been outwitted by many a 'League 2' manager which he claims to be above.

Luckily for many, I am in the minority of this view. And regardless, the only view that matters is that of John Radford.

Whatever my view on Evans, I will support the club to the hilt as always. Its just that with Evans most likely being our most expensive manager in history, alongside the biggest transfer budget in our history, affords him little grace in my opinion. He has to deliver.

Agree wholeheartedly, I too am not and never will be, a fan of Steve Evans and his ethos of buying promotions, but now he has spent heavily, he must deliver. There can be no excuses for failure now.

I agree with the above, but I WILL stop referring to him as Humpty Dumpty

I should blooming well think so, it's infantile even for you !
abc
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:30 pm

abc wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
garlic wrote:
Im not the real OND wrote:
oldweststander wrote:What's all this disrespect for Steve Evans by our supporters. OK he carries too much weight, he always has, but why the insults from our teams supporters.

Grow up and let SE do his job.

Since you ask.... ;) My opinion of him hasn't changed since he has been here. I think he is a prize 'raspberry'. I think that's how we phrase it on here.

He is a convicted fraudster and cheated his way into the football league. I believe the way he conducts himself isn't fitting with the way the club wants to be portraying itself.

I disagree with his approach of buying success by bringing in a whole raft of players at the expense of developing talent. I don't believe this approach will benefit the club in the long run. As shown with the struggles experienced at his previous clubs.

His past record is excellent, mostly because he has been afforded the funds that many lower league managers dream of. His talent lies with recruiting proven players and convincing Chairmen to part with their money.

From what I have seen since he has been here, his tactical nous seems to be shouting and bawling and his own players and officials. He has been outwitted by many a 'League 2' manager which he claims to be above.

Luckily for many, I am in the minority of this view. And regardless, the only view that matters is that of John Radford.

Whatever my view on Evans, I will support the club to the hilt as always. Its just that with Evans most likely being our most expensive manager in history, alongside the biggest transfer budget in our history, affords him little grace in my opinion. He has to deliver.

Agree wholeheartedly, I too am not and never will be, a fan of Steve Evans and his ethos of buying promotions, but now he has spent heavily, he must deliver. There can be no excuses for failure now.

I agree with the above, but I WILL stop referring to him as Humpty Dumpty

I should blooming well think so, it's infantile even for you !

I'm blooming well a kid at heart!
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum