{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Evans tells fans who booed to get some perspective!

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Evans tells fans who booed to get some perspective!

Postby Chadman » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:52 pm

Evans tells fans who booed at the end tonight they need a reality check and some perspective that the Checkatrade is not a priority

http://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/ma ... -1-8727643

Full match report

http://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/ma ... -1-8727614
Chadman
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Evans tells fans who booed to get some perspective!

Postby Beano » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:02 pm

Dominated for .......... mins (check)

Missed ......... chances (check)

Maybe you could avoid these statements just once this season ??
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:14 pm

Many of our fans see this competition as a joke. Yet when we lose they boo.

I enjoyed the game. It was great to see the warm reception given to Matt Green and Matt Rhead.

And well done to the 800 Lincoln fans who supported their team throughout. Our fans were silent in comparison, apart from the booing at the end. Maybe if they had been a bit more vocal we would have done better.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:18 pm

Beano wrote:Dominated for .......... mins (check)

Missed ......... chances (check)

Maybe you could avoid these statements just once this season ??

The trouble is, dominating in the first half without scoring and then fading badly in the second half whilst consistently leaking goals from crosses out weighs the former. Steve Evans needs to put that bit right before he can change his post-match interview record.
Vice President
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Nutty Stag » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:25 pm

The one who needs to give his head a shake is Mr Evans. If he thinks that people can afford to spend money on games that we aren't going to compete in then that needs addressing. If that's his attitude then he needs to advise the paying customers as to when and where the team will perform. It's a competitive first team game which can generate extra income and further increase the morale of all associated with the club. If it is an unwanted game why enter the competition (unless they have to enter it).

Mr Evans states that this was a squad game and we had made numerous changes but so had Lincoln, they just wanted it more and seemed to have a plan - we didn't want it and didn't have a plan. I will admit that some of the early play was very good but that just makes the second half performance even worse. Only Pearce, Potter and Macdonald came out of the game with any credit in my opinion.
Nutty Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby CassellsCap » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:39 pm

Football is dying in the lower leagues, the premier league is all that matters and the obscene money it generates through the pay to watch tv matches ruins it as a sport. These competitions are a practice match for the scouts and vultures of the big clubs. The old way of promotion will soon be gone as it becomes a closed shop. I fear that football below the premier is soon to be gone forever . It's sad but closer than we think unless the public talk with their money and stop following like sheep.
CassellsCap
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bigalstag » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:14 am

Steve, but for the first 15 minutes, we were second best throughout. I was hoping this game would be some sort of pick me up after the blows from Saturday, but the quality was lacking all over the park.
We were tactically nowhere, and spent most of our time lumping it forward, mostly without looking, and hoped it reached one of the forwards. Perhaps the team had the same attitude as the management, but surely success breeds success, no matter what the competition is.
Good luck to the club trying to sell the final 2 group games with the comments the manager has come out with tonight (money is to hard to come by, without throwing it away).
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:18 am

Nutty Stag wrote:The one who needs to give his head a shake is Mr Evans. If he thinks that people can afford to spend money on games that we aren't going to compete in then that needs addressing. If that's his attitude then he needs to advise the paying customers as to when and where the team will perform. It's a competitive first team game which can generate extra income and further increase the morale of all associated with the club. If it is an unwanted game why enter the competition (unless they have to enter it).

Mr Evans states that this was a squad game and we had made numerous changes but so had Lincoln, they just wanted it more and seemed to have a plan - we didn't want it and didn't have a plan. I will admit that some of the early play was very good but that just makes the second half performance even worse. Only Pearce, Potter and Macdonald came out of the game with any credit in my opinion.

:good_post:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:28 am

Costs more to play the match than money received
No one wants to get injured or booked.
Priorities the league.
Very unfair on those who payed to watch.
2 games left so not all over yet.
Carlisle next game in the league.
Not easy game but all forgotten tonight if we win
chip63
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:34 am

everyone should know the league is the priority, i assume we'll give the FA cup a go but this is just a bit of a rubbish tournament
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:34 am

bigalstag wrote:We were tactically nowhere, and spent most of our time lumping it forward, mostly without looking, and hoped it reached one of the forwards.

Good point Big Al. Paul Cox used to get slaughtered on here for doing this but at least then we had Rheady who could win a few balls in the air and lay it off. I'm amazed Evans has not signed a big centre forward if this is going to be his Plan B. It's shocking that we have a massive squad but the best we can do is chuck George Taft up front.

Lincoln wanted it more tonight and deserved to win on their 2nd half performance. Danny Cowley suggests in his interview on BBC Radio Lincs that they were fitter than the Stags and that is why they started to dominate the game in the 2nd half.

The Fat Controller has been given an expensive train set to play with and needs to start producing results. His record in August reads: Played 6 Won 1, Drawn 2, Lost 3. He needs to start bringing home those bags of coal..
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tel » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:39 am

“I heard one or two supporters perhaps not best pleased tonight,” said Evans. “But we have made 10 changes and we have chased up there in the 90th minute with Bobby. They have to put some perspective on it. “This competition will never be a priority. “Players who have not got a lot of minutes in get a bit tired. That’s why we didn’t make changes from the bench. “It was never about beating Lincoln tonight. People need to get a reality check here.”

Read more at: http://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/ma ... -1-8727643

Thanks Steve. Now you have told me that this is not a priority, (we are out of the Carabao Cup already, I believe), I won't bother spending my time/emotional energy, or paying more money to go to the other games in this trophy. I would also be very grateful if you would take the time out of your very busy and important life to let me know if we are going to bother with the FA Cup. Mind you, perhaps you are going to opt out of the FA Cup this year and go to South America like your best mate did.

Let's face this, I am not sure if MTFC is big enough for your ego, considering the mighty Rotherham, Leeds, et al.

I seriously hope I am wrong about you. If I am right, you will have put my club back 5/10 years. If not, I will very, very gladly give £1,000 to a proper local charity, should we get promoted whilst you are in charge.

Terry
Tel
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:46 am

plenty of time yet to pick up the pace, we will rip some teams apart soon because our play in the 85 minutes against luton was great. it's just about doing it for 90 mins, putting teams to the sword and shutting up shop
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:03 am

The season has gone from hope and optimism full of bright blue mediterranean sun and sea to a glass of flat champagne.

You could probably have seen the script pre season that the Imps would come and grab a win esp with Ollie and Green to score.

the cup is tin pot and don't think anybody too bothered to be out but we thought we might make a couple of rounds at least.

Oh how we poor Stags still seem to be famous for our steps forward but more so for our steps back again.

Its all early days again again and again but has anybody checked and looked at SE's stats for demotions I know he has 9 promotions but ???

Hope JR and CR are a bit more careful with the handout of cash to SE for while!!
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby kyle b » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:24 am

The fans on here slating Evans seriously get a grip. Lastnight ment nothing the cup is a farce with the introduction of the under 21 teams. It's only a matter of time before someone is on the end of a battering from us. He just needs to settle the back four and we will be fine. Let's see where we are at the beginning of October. Then start to worry if we aren't there or there abouts
kyle b
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby daddycool » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:54 am

I think it was there manager pre,match ,laughing at us for warming up on yoga mats in his interview
daddycool
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:03 am

I knew Stagsnet would go into meltdown.

Perspective. A reserve team got a run out in a tin pot cup game. It's August.

Stop panicking.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:20 am

bellwhiff wrote:I knew Stagsnet would go into meltdown.

Perspective. A reserve team got a run out in a tin pot cup game. It's August.

Stop panicking.

Meltdown?

Really?

:roll:
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:30 am

Don't get the booing at all but I've grown to expect it from certain elements of our "fans", in fact I can't think of a time I would boo my own team, yes I have a moan and a grumble like most but never actually aim negativity directly at the team I just don't see the point.

If you are booing the team when we have played very well and drawn with the team who should really win the league and when we've lost in the dog and duck cup then I would have to agree with SE you need to get some perspective.

I didn't go last night because for me the competition is all but pointless. If you went expecting to see the first team in full flow or a well oiled reserve side then I'm sorry but more fool you.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:40 am

it's didn't help tonight when we gifted the LUscum a point two days before, if we had won that then less would have been made of the reserves getting beat imo
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:54 am

Stagsnet in, lose a game, the worlds ending shocker.

It's August for gods sake. Chill.
I've got a Grapefruit matter...
James
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sheffieldstag » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:58 am

I'm afraid that expectations are too high. The club and some fans have got carried away and seem to believe that we should be thrashing every team we play. Fans are not known for their patience, caused by the Premiership effect! I cant remember constant booing in the 90's when we had some dire teams, questionable football and poor games.

Certain fans do need to have a bit of perspective. Rome wasnt built in a day and people need some patience.
Sheffieldstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Marky Mark » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:01 am

I’ll never agree with booing, we’re there to support. And expectations are far too high for the club that we are. However, by all accounts (and by all accounts, I mean the level of noise coming from the club about it) this is the deepest and strongest squad that we have pretty much ever had, and the manager has had more support in the market than any other manager in the history of the club.

I'd assume the barometer of a strong squad are performances/results in cup games that aren't a priority, yet losing at home to Rochdale & Lincoln in the 2 cup games so far this season means the results in cup competitions are on a par with times in the last 15 years when the squad wasn’t as strong and deep - and in some cases, downright rubbish, so maybe the squad it isn’t as strong as we are led to believe. It’s early days, but from my 'perspective' I was hoping for something that showed that this regime were clearly different from before.
Last edited by Marky Mark on Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:09 am

James wrote:Stagsnet in, lose a game, the worlds ending shocker.

It's August for gods sake. Chill.

People slagging Stagsnet users off for having an opinion shocker

No ones "melting down" no one thinks "the worlds ending"

Most people are just making perfectly relevant points based on the first half doz games.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:10 am

The bigger questions to those booing is what the bloody hell are you doing there watching that competition anyway? Have you no understanding of the cup or the premise it is bringing?

(Awaits the boring "I'm supporting my club drivvel).id be more inclined to boo those supporters than the team for yet another inept performance.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum