{ the forum }

Stagsnet wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Evans set to bomb out under-achievers this week

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Evans set to bomb out under-achievers this week

Postby oldweststander » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:52 pm

How many league games have we played, 4 or 24?

Some posters on here don't deserve a good manager, bring back Murray, that what you want?
Last edited by oldweststander on Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:17 pm

oldweststander wrote:How many league games gave we played,4 or 24?

Some posters on here don't deserve a good manager, bring back Murray, that what you want?

I kinda of agree with u but u do see managers losing their jobs after a few games....whilst i think that SE is under no immediate pressure....it doesn't take long these days....its the sorry state of football that clubs constantly chop and change after a couple of bad results.
Alwaysa5tag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:22 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Ive seen Thomas walking in after training twice and he's not looked happy at all... Cant be good for the dressing room having a mardy kid around the rest of the lads. Id get him gone asap, he's just not good enough. And I feel evans sees him between youth team and first team.

Taft, I like. He was great at burton and in preseason but doesn't seem to do well when given the chance, but what do you expect after not playing for months? Plus with all the defenders we have and the manager preferring Diamond, Mirfin and Pearce... will he ever be needed? Id get him out on loan.

Cj... Hes lightening quick but offers nothing else in my opinion. His composure on the ball and the way he strikes a ball isn't to the standard of a professional footballer.. sounds harsh but imo he's not got it for the top end of this league. Id be interested to know how many assists he's got along with chances created etc because its not like he hasn't been given a chance.

Sooner we have a settled side, and the sooner logan is dropped the better.

Imo our strongest side is as follows, With maybe one or two that could easily be changed, i.e. Rose in for Angol, Atkinson in for Byrom, White for Bennett, etc

----------Angol Hemmings

Anderson Byrom Mellis Macdonald

Benning Diamond Pearce Bennett

-----------Olejnik

In contention for starting 11:
Rose
Atkinson
Mirfin
White

Subs:
Potter
Sterling-James
Spencer
Digby
Logan

Squad players:
Taft,Thomas, CJ, Hunt

Sorry if i forgot anyone.

Ive seen Thomas walking in after training twice and he's not looked happy at all

So you have seen a player fleetingly and briefly after training and that's your conclusion! Wow you are good if you can determine this from a quick glance....I'm impressed!

Maybe he should skip and whistle his way back into the changing rooms!!
Alwaysa5tag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Jmustag » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:32 pm

I think he makes empty threats, he did it several times towards the end of the season.

In all honestly, I'm not fussed how the team plays in the cups, 90 minutes under their belts but the main focus is the league. If we don't perform in the league then questions should be asked.

Jack Thomas wouldn't get in any other league two side, he looked fantastic when he broke into he side but he was also playing in a poor side. He won't ever fit into he team unless we play five in midfield as he can't play in a two. He ain't as good as Mellis, Digby, Byrom, Atkinson or Anderson. He needs to leave for his own good, play football and earn his way back up the leagues. Also sad to see a local lad go but I think it's best for him.

Let's not panic yet, I would be panicking in March if we are panicking. It's a marathon and not a sprint.
Jmustag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:38 pm

Jmustag wrote:I think he makes empty threats, he did it several times towards the end of the season.

In all honestly, I'm not fussed how the team plays in the cups, 90 minutes under their belts but the main focus is the league. If we don't perform in the league then questions should be asked.

Jack Thomas wouldn't get in any other league two side, he looked fantastic when he broke into he side but he was also playing in a poor side. He won't ever fit into he team unless we play five in midfield as he can't play in a two. He ain't as good as Mellis, Digby, Byrom, Atkinson or Anderson. He needs to leave for his own good, play football and earn his way back up the leagues. Also sad to see a local lad go but I think it's best for him.

Let's not panic yet, I would be panicking in March if we are panicking. It's a marathon and not a sprint.

I totally agree what you say about Jack. It's a pity, but he needs to start again probably at National N level. He is still young enough to succeed and should use what Sam Clucas achieved following set backs, as an example.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:05 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Jmustag wrote:I think he makes empty threats, he did it several times towards the end of the season.

I totally agree what you say about Jack. It's a pity, but he needs to start again probably at National N level. He is still young enough to succeed and should use what Sam Clucas achieved following set backs, as an example.

100% agree thats what he needs to do...fresh start and fresh surroundings....think he needs to feel wanted...didn't and don't agree with that he only looked good due to a poor side though (know that was said by someone else) as he usually looked the best player on the pitch even against quality opposition....hope he gets a good move for him and gets back on track his career...i actually think he wasn't that bad last night to say there has been a serious lack of game time for him....good luck to him wherever he goes
Alwaysa5tag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Conker » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:13 pm

The biggest underperformers so far is Logan and Evans.
Conker
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:56 pm

Conker wrote:The biggest underperformers so far is Logan and Evans.

and Gabbitas
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum