{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Incitement / Luton bench...

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Incitement / Luton bench...

Postby TBS » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:54 pm

Now the dust has settled a little after today's result, and as no one has, I thought I'd mention the Luton bench & management team.

I thought their behaviour, especially after the equaliser was nothing short of a disgrace. Unprofessional, undignified & inflammatory. Surely the way they carried on is incitement? Jones was continually mouthing & waving at the crowd & was joined in the goading by the subs & other members of the back room staff. As tempers boiled over on & off of the pitch, Jones confronted Rayner & the were forehead to forehead.

We've seen some planks down at the Mill, but Jones is top of the pile. I can imagine if it was Evans he'd have been sent off.

On the final whistle the Luton physio or whatever he was just stood there giving everyone the middle finger, whilst the subs just stared laughing & continuing to goad everyone! Why they didn't just move onto the pitch instead of continuing to inflame the situation I don't know.

The stewards did a decent enough job though, but failed to listen to a woman who was wheel chair bound & clearly upset at her treatment by the Luton bench, who had apparently mocked her state - I didn't see this, just going on what I heard her say.

It was an explosive & passionate game, & Luton can have no complaints about the abuse they received at the end, I'm not going to lie I was as annoyed as anyone & rightly or wrongly told them what I thought of their antics.
Don`t be fooled by imitation
This is the stuff that cured a nation...
User avatar
TBS
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 816
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:55 am
Location: Next to the kettle.

Re: Incitement / Luton bench...

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:05 pm

I also found the Luton bench including subbed players behaviour bang out of order.....totally inflammotary at best. The 'ref' came over to have a long conflab with SE at one point but the 4th official and ref didn't pick up on what was going on at key moments with the Luton bench! Any cctv footage (rhetorical)?

Part of the games that Luton for me play. And not surprising :roll:
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 759
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:03 pm

Re: Incitement / Luton bench...

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:06 pm

Evans and co would have done exactly the same so you've got to take the rough with the smooth. If that offends you're probably not following the right sport
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Incitement / Luton bench...

Postby TBS » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:11 pm

adamstag wrote:Evans and co would have done exactly the same so you've got to take the rough with the smooth. If that offends you're probably not following the right sport


I'm not offended, I just don't think there was any need for their excessive & prolonged antics - celebrate by all means, just be a little dignified & professional about it. They are at work after all & they were embarrassing.
Don`t be fooled by imitation
This is the stuff that cured a nation...
User avatar
TBS
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 816
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:55 am
Location: Next to the kettle.

Re: Incitement / Luton bench...

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:13 pm

TBS wrote:
adamstag wrote:Evans and co would have done exactly the same so you've got to take the rough with the smooth. If that offends you're probably not following the right sport


I'm not offended, I just don't think there was any need for their excessive & prolonged antics - celebrate by all means, just be a little dignified & professional about it. They are at work after all & they were embarrassing.


That's fair and I don't disagree with you, but evans would be twice as bad.

Had we defended properly we would have been fine
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Incitement / Luton bench...

Postby Beano » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:14 pm

When we went 2 up I'm assuming you all gave their bench both barrels?
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
User avatar
Beano
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1895
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Incitement / Luton bench...

Postby TBS » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:26 pm

adamstag wrote:
TBS wrote:
adamstag wrote:Evans and co would have done exactly the same so you've got to take the rough with the smooth. If that offends you're probably not following the right sport


I'm not offended, I just don't think there was any need for their excessive & prolonged antics - celebrate by all means, just be a little dignified & professional about it. They are at work after all & they were embarrassing.


That's fair and I don't disagree with you, but evans would be twice as bad.

Had we defended properly we would have been fine


We would indeed, I just wish we'd got a third & that would have done it.

I don't doubt that Evans would be celebrating, but I wouldn't expect our subs & others staff to be giving eyes & the middle finger to home supporters & certainly not berating someone in a wheel chair.

As I said, I found their 'celebrations' over the top & unprofessional.
Don`t be fooled by imitation
This is the stuff that cured a nation...
User avatar
TBS
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 816
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:55 am
Location: Next to the kettle.

Re: Incitement / Luton bench...

Postby BigGuy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:39 pm

One of the coaching staff stood and offered anyone wanting one, a fight on the touchline, shame he didn't get a smack for his trouble.

I despise Looton whole heartidly.
BigGuy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Incitement / Luton bench...

Postby tibby » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:13 pm

I was sat down there and I see worse than that on a Sunday morning.

Some people need to grow a pair and move on
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1005
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:30 pm

Re: Incitement / Luton bench...

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:36 am

cannot beat passion
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6535
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Incitement / Luton bench...

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:56 am

Evans refused to shake Jones's hand after the match. Whether they did after they'd left the pitch I don't know
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2168
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Incitement / Luton bench...

Postby Jay » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:34 am

It looked like he initially refused but I saw Evans and Jones shake hands on the pitch shortly after.
User avatar
Jay
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:51 pm

Re: Incitement / Luton bench...

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:43 am

Jay wrote:It looked like he initially refused but I saw Evans and Jones shake hands on the pitch shortly after.


Must have missed that!
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2168
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Incitement / Luton bench...

Postby AndyStag » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:06 pm

TBS wrote:Now the dust has settled a little after today's result, and as no one has, I thought I'd mention the Luton bench & management team.

I thought their behaviour, especially after the equaliser was nothing short of a disgrace. Unprofessional, undignified & inflammatory. Surely the way they carried on is incitement? Jones was continually mouthing & waving at the crowd & was joined in the goading by the subs & other members of the back room staff. As tempers boiled over on & off of the pitch, Jones confronted Rayner & the were forehead to forehead.

We've seen some planks down at the Mill, but Jones is top of the pile. I can imagine if it was Evans he'd have been sent off.

On the final whistle the Luton physio or whatever he was just stood there giving everyone the middle finger, whilst the subs just stared laughing & continuing to goad everyone! Why they didn't just move onto the pitch instead of continuing to inflame the situation I don't know.

The stewards did a decent enough job though, but failed to listen to a woman who was wheel chair bound & clearly upset at her treatment by the Luton bench, who had apparently mocked her state - I didn't see this, just going on what I heard her say.

It was an explosive & passionate game, & Luton can have no complaints about the abuse they received at the end, I'm not going to lie I was as annoyed as anyone & rightly or wrongly told them what I thought of their antics.


If the part about the lady in the wheelchair is true and it can be backed up by witnesses then it should be reported to the EFL or even the police quoting disability discrimination as covered by the Equality Act 2010. Disgusting.
AndyStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Incitement / Luton bench...

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:38 pm

Moving the dugouts to the West adds to the excitement and atmosphere. I would hate them to be moved back just because of the complaints of some over sensitive souls. We should let it go and move on, make Luton pay on the pitch.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
User avatar
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: Incitement / Luton bench...

Postby AndyStag » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:17 am

Terry Eccles Was God wrote:Moving the dugouts to the West adds to the excitement and atmosphere. I would hate them to be moved back just because of the complaints of some over sensitive souls. We should let it go and move on, make Luton pay on the pitch.


Totally agree that the dugouts now on West Stand side is better. However, the mocking of an old lady in a wheelchair is out of order or perhaps I'm just being over sensitive.
AndyStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Incitement / Luton bench...

Postby pemill » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:34 am

Unfortunately that is a reflection of the game; players, managers, coaches & physios are allowed to continue with this sort of behavior without any kind of punishment - you see it at grass roots level, primarily moronic parents showing the same kind of disrespect.

Don't get me wrong I'm no saint or prude, it is a sad reflection on how football is governed and how people playing the game are allowed to behave, even expected to behave ~ the saddest part is everyone with any influence allows it to continue.
pemill
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:32 am

Re: Incitement / Luton bench...

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:37 am

AndyStag wrote:
Terry Eccles Was God wrote:Moving the dugouts to the West adds to the excitement and atmosphere. I would hate them to be moved back just because of the complaints of some over sensitive souls. We should let it go and move on, make Luton pay on the pitch.


Totally agree that the dugouts now on West Stand side is better. However, the mocking of an old lady in a wheelchair is out of order or perhaps I'm just being over sensitive.

That is out of order and if it's true it should be dealt with appropriately.

My point is that if we feel we can fire torrents of abuse to the opposition bench and wind them up (which we did), we shouldn't get the hankies out when the odd team gives us a bit back when the tables are turned. I'd hate this to brought to the attention of SAG who only need the flimsiest of excuses to penalise the club under the cloak of 'health and safety'.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
User avatar
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: Incitement / Luton bench...

Postby Rob » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:49 pm

Terry Eccles Was God wrote:
AndyStag wrote:
Terry Eccles Was God wrote:Moving the dugouts to the West adds to the excitement and atmosphere. I would hate them to be moved back just because of the complaints of some over sensitive souls. We should let it go and move on, make Luton pay on the pitch.


Totally agree that the dugouts now on West Stand side is better. However, the mocking of an old lady in a wheelchair is out of order or perhaps I'm just being over sensitive.

That is out of order and if it's true it should be dealt with appropriately.

My point is that if we feel we can fire torrents of abuse to the opposition bench and wind them up (which we did), we shouldn't get the hankies out when the odd team gives us a bit back when the tables are turned. I'd hate this to brought to the attention of SAG who only need the flimsiest of excuses to penalise the club under the cloak of 'health and safety'.


Spot on Terry, fans love to dish it out to opposition managers and players, they shouldn't start whining like babies when they get some back. In fact, we probably have the worst manager in the entire FL for winding up opposition fans, managers and referee's!
User avatar
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3058
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Incitement / Luton bench...

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:13 pm

:good_post:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3051
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Incitement / Luton bench...

Postby Sneag » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:52 pm

Rob wrote:
Terry Eccles Was God wrote:
AndyStag wrote:
Terry Eccles Was God wrote:Moving the dugouts to the West adds to the excitement and atmosphere. I would hate them to be moved back just because of the complaints of some over sensitive souls. We should let it go and move on, make Luton pay on the pitch.


Totally agree that the dugouts now on West Stand side is better. However, the mocking of an old lady in a wheelchair is out of order or perhaps I'm just being over sensitive.

That is out of order and if it's true it should be dealt with appropriately.

My point is that if we feel we can fire torrents of abuse to the opposition bench and wind them up (which we did), we shouldn't get the hankies out when the odd team gives us a bit back when the tables are turned. I'd hate this to brought to the attention of SAG who only need the flimsiest of excuses to penalise the club under the cloak of 'health and safety'.


Spot on Terry, fans love to dish it out to opposition managers and players, they shouldn't start whining like babies when they get some back. In fact, we probably have the worst manager in the entire FL for winding up opposition fans, managers and referee's!


Totally agree. It's a bit of panto.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5592
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Evidently Chickentown

Re: Incitement / Luton bench...

Postby TBS » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:07 pm

Rob wrote:
Terry Eccles Was God wrote:
AndyStag wrote:
Terry Eccles Was God wrote:Moving the dugouts to the West adds to the excitement and atmosphere. I would hate them to be moved back just because of the complaints of some over sensitive souls. We should let it go and move on, make Luton pay on the pitch.


Totally agree that the dugouts now on West Stand side is better. However, the mocking of an old lady in a wheelchair is out of order or perhaps I'm just being over sensitive.

That is out of order and if it's true it should be dealt with appropriately.

My point is that if we feel we can fire torrents of abuse to the opposition bench and wind them up (which we did), we shouldn't get the hankies out when the odd team gives us a bit back when the tables are turned. I'd hate this to brought to the attention of SAG who only need the flimsiest of excuses to penalise the club under the cloak of 'health and safety'.


Spot on Terry, fans love to dish it out to opposition managers and players, they shouldn't start whining like babies when they get some back. In fact, we probably have the worst manager in the entire FL for winding up opposition fans, managers and referee's!


I didn't have any hankies out, I don't need to grow anything, I'm not whining like a baby, I've not complained & I don't want the dug outs moving! I am a sensitive soul though. I love the dug outs being where they are & seeing the animation of the two benches, & as someone mentioned, you can't beat passion!

Good points made & people are correct, why shouldn't we expect a bit back? To be fair, there wasn't too much abuse aimed at the Luton bench until they scored their second & started goading & inciting the crowd & I maintain it was over the top & it caused the problems we saw. They are professionals at their place of work (this was the original point, although elongated), I know if I carried on like that at work, I wouldn't have a job - yes I'm incredibly psssionate about my work & take it seriously.

One other thing though, was that if our bench carried on like that away somewhere in the way Luton did, I'm sure there'd be four pages about it on here condemning MTFC & everyone involved & how they've bought shame on us all.
Don`t be fooled by imitation
This is the stuff that cured a nation...
User avatar
TBS
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 816
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:55 am
Location: Next to the kettle.

Re: Incitement / Luton bench...

Postby Rob » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:54 pm

TBS wrote:
Rob wrote:
Terry Eccles Was God wrote:
AndyStag wrote:
Terry Eccles Was God wrote:Moving the dugouts to the West adds to the excitement and atmosphere. I would hate them to be moved back just because of the complaints of some over sensitive souls. We should let it go and move on, make Luton pay on the pitch.


Totally agree that the dugouts now on West Stand side is better. However, the mocking of an old lady in a wheelchair is out of order or perhaps I'm just being over sensitive.

That is out of order and if it's true it should be dealt with appropriately.

My point is that if we feel we can fire torrents of abuse to the opposition bench and wind them up (which we did), we shouldn't get the hankies out when the odd team gives us a bit back when the tables are turned. I'd hate this to brought to the attention of SAG who only need the flimsiest of excuses to penalise the club under the cloak of 'health and safety'.


Spot on Terry, fans love to dish it out to opposition managers and players, they shouldn't start whining like babies when they get some back. In fact, we probably have the worst manager in the entire FL for winding up opposition fans, managers and referee's!


I didn't have any hankies out, I don't need to grow anything, I'm not whining like a baby, I've not complained & I don't want the dug outs moving! I am a sensitive soul though. I love the dug outs being where they are & seeing the animation of the two benches, & as someone mentioned, you can't beat passion!

Good points made & people are correct, why shouldn't we expect a bit back? To be fair, there wasn't too much abuse aimed at the Luton bench until they scored their second & started goading & inciting the crowd & I maintain it was over the top & it caused the problems we saw. They are professionals at their place of work (this was the original point, although elongated), I know if I carried on like that at work, I wouldn't have a job - yes I'm incredibly psssionate about my work & take it seriously.

One other thing though, was that if our bench carried on like that away somewhere in the way Luton did, I'm sure there'd be four pages about it on here condemning MTFC & everyone involved & how they've bought shame on us all.


I think we understand the point you make TBS and yes were the roles reversed I am sure there would have been opposition fans complaining about Evans (as indeed there has been). I think if you goad opposition managers and players then you should expect them to retaliate, they are human beings and of course if you were in their shoes imagine how ecstatic you would be to see your side steal a point. As for the behaviour of our bench, I think you need to watch this space :lol:
User avatar
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3058
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am


Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Foxy and 7 guests