{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Lincoln Chickenfeed scorefred sponsored by Matt and Matt.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Lincoln Chickenfeed scorefred sponsored by Matt and Matt

Postby Stags 2002 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:48 pm

part time pete wrote:I think Evans is trying to prove that the second XI is not good enough and will be wanting JR to chuck him more money before Thursday to buy another 11 players.

Id suggest 3 more players given he didn't buy Pearce, Taft or Thomas. :lol:
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby G B » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:53 pm

part time pete wrote:I think Evans is trying to prove that the second XI is not good enough and will be wanting JR to chuck him more money before Thursday to buy another 11 players.

If that's the case they are mainly Evans mistakes so I'd tell him to stick it if I was JR.
Evans currently getting by on reputation and past record alone. He's had the money, brought in his choice of players. Now show us what you are made of Steve because from where I'm standing you have no excuses this season.
G B
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Richard Cranium » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:54 pm

Sack him and build for next season
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:57 pm

I know this cup competition isn't important, but there is a worrying pattern developing here. Looking at the pre-season friendlies, the cup games and the league games we appear to be: (a) lacking in quality up-front (b) consistently conceding an average of two goals per game and (c) don't have a settled team. I know it is early days - but something isn't right.
All that hype about Mansfield being the favorites to win the league looks ridiculous at the moment. I am not saying that Steve Evans can't/won't get it right .... but we look a long way off at the moment. I still question whether our first 11 is significantly better than last season?
Vice President
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Waggy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:00 pm

points about tonight:

Keeper is better than Logan
Potter is good for 60 mins - but that's his lot
Pearse is by far and away the best defender at the club
Hunt is ok as backup for Benning
Jack's time at Field Mill is coming to an end
Evan's is incapable of making effective tactical changes
MTFC can't defend balls into the box
MTFC rarely get on the end of balls into the box
The team fades at the end of games
The side lacks the nouse to win tight games
MacDonald will be a good addition to the first team
And I don't feel any sorrow
Towards the kings and queens of the butterfly collectors
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:01 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Woefully wasted Tuesday night.

Totally disagree Edders. Well worth the admission fee. Mind you only cost me a fiver. Still better than watching bake off.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:04 pm

:)

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby JAMES9002 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:04 pm

MacDonald was good the rest in the bin
JAMES9002
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Stags 2002 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:10 pm

JAMES9002 wrote:MacDonald was good the rest in the bin

If anything the game will have been worth it if Macdonald gets back into the starting line-up Saturday.

I think we really need him on the pitch and has been very much missed.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby georgefostersbeard » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:15 pm

JAMES9002 wrote:MacDonald was good the rest in the bin

Slightly harsh - Olejnik earned a chance in the first team, Pearce was excellent, Potter and MacDonald both showed enough to earn a place in the squad, Spencer showed something which is more than he has previously this season.
Taft and White disappointed,
Jack Thomas wasn't on it and I suspect will be going
Digby had a mixed game but again showed potential.

If you take tonight for what it was, it does pressure on Evans and the squad to smash Carlisle.

It is still only August and it is a long season
Tainted Soul says I am great!
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:22 pm

When we,ve used 50 players we might get it right. What we could do with that 70,s team now.
CassellsCap
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Vice President » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:34 pm

CassellsCap wrote:When we,ve used 50 players we might get it right. What we could do with that 70,s team now.

The difference between Evans and say someone like Coleman, is that Coleman is very careful and shrewd with his signings and doesn't waste them - whereas Evans takes a 'scatter-gun' (Holdsworthesque) approach. You certainly can't argue with his '9 promotions' record, but .......

Coming back to that 70's team - wasn't it amazing that we went through the whole season playing pretty much the same 11 players for every game?
We won't have that luxury again.
Vice President
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:23 am

adamstag wrote:What's with evans not shaking the hands of the Lincoln staff?

He's not covering himself in glory so far this term

He shook hands before the game mate, did you mean after?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby JAMES9002 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:54 am

He shook hands with them after the game as well apart from Danny Cowley who was still coming from the stands happened quick as he was straight down the tunnel.
JAMES9002
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:01 am

Steve Evans again did not cover himself in glory by failing to shake hands with Nicky and Danny Cowley. He did the same to Nathan Jones. He sets a poor example to young fans. He needs to grow up.

I also want to see Steve Evans trying to motivate and develop players instead of just bombing players out. This is what the Cowleys did at Lincoln last season. Let's see some evidence of having a plan or framework for the players to stick to and a Plan B and C when necessary.

John Coleman/Nathan Jones/The Cowleys 1 Steve "Nine Promotions" Evans 0
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:30 am

All that last nights game did was to show Evans who is capable of staking a claim for the first team squad.The only players imo who staked a claim were Potter and Macdonald.Still unsure about Spencer.I still prefer Olejnik to Logan.My starting lineup for Carlisle is as follows.Olejnik.Bennett.Diamond.Mirfin.Benning.Macdonald.Anderson.Mellis.Atkinson.Hemmings.Angol.Subs:Logan.Pearce.Digby.Byrom.Rose.Spencer.Potter/Hamilton.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:24 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Steve Evans again did not cover himself in glory by failing to shake hands with Nicky and Danny Cowley. He did the same to Nathan Jones. He sets a poor example to young fans. He needs to grow up.

I also want to see Steve Evans trying to motivate and develop players instead of just bombing players out. This is what the Cowleys did at Lincoln last season. Let's see some evidence of having a plan or framework for the players to stick to and a Plan B and C when necessary.

John Coleman/Nathan Jones/The Cowleys 1 Steve "Nine Promotions" Evans 0

See the post above yours that he did shake hands with the Gimps management and I saw him with my own eyes shake hands with Nathan Jones, albeit with a bit of coaxing from Raynor.
Stop making 'fake news' as Donald would say!!!
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:55 am

The fans sat near me clearly saw Evans refuse to shake Nathan Jones' hand on Saturday and he did the same tonight. I was not the only person to notice or comment on it. The BBC Radio Lincs reporter also asked Danny Cowley about it after the match.

https://www.facebook.com/lincolncityfc/ ... gSMyAKRtzA
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Lincoln Bench

Postby stag861 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:25 am

Why was their manager sent to the stands?
Why did SE refuse to shake hands with the other members of their management team at the end of the match?
stag861
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:31 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:The fans sat near me clearly saw Evans refuse to shake Nathan Jones' hand on Saturday and he did the same tonight. I was not the only person to notice or comment on it. The BBC Radio Lincs reporter also asked Danny Cowley about it after the match.

I was 5 yards from his handshake with Jones, give it a rest.
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:19 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:The fans sat near me clearly saw Evans refuse to shake Nathan Jones' hand on Saturday and he did the same tonight. I was not the only person to notice or comment on it. The BBC Radio Lincs reporter also asked Danny Cowley about it after the match.

Tippy Tappy. I think you should apologise.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:51 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Tippy Tappy. I think you should apologise.

Don't know whether this is sarcasm or not Belly, either way I don't want or expect an apology I just want the lies to stop just to 'create' a non story.
I saw them shake hands, begrudgingly on Evans part.
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:04 am

Paul - There are no excuses for Evans' behaviour at the final whistle. He clearly waved away Nathan Jones' initial attempt to shake his hand at the end. All the fans around me noticed it. It does not excuse his behaviour if he then reluctantly does so later after being talked into it by Raynor. Evans clearly did the same after the Lincoln match last night. Again, fans around me noticed it and the BBC Radio Lincs reporters were talking about it after the game.

I'm now hoping that Evans will be happily shaking hands with Keith Curle after the game on Saturday because that will probably mean we have won. :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:57 pm

On a more positive note, did anyone else get caught in the traffic jam on Southwell Road on the way home. All caused by the Gimp fans being frightened of a dual carriageway. Obviously, they live in the only shire country without a single mile of motorway and the lowest amount of dual carriage way so they all queued in the left hand lane going back almost as far as the Oak Tree pub. Meanwhile, the right hand lane was empty.

They may won the match but not in life :lol:
Tainted Soul says I am great!
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:06 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Paul - There are no excuses for Evans' behaviour at the final whistle. He clearly waved away Nathan Jones' initial attempt to shake his hand at the end. All the fans around me noticed it. It does not excuse his behaviour if he then reluctantly does so later after being talked into it by Raynor. Evans clearly did the same after the Lincoln match last night. Again, fans around me noticed it and the BBC Radio Lincs reporters were talking about it after the game.

I'm now hoping that Evans will be happily shaking hands with Keith Curle after the game on Saturday because that will probably mean we have won. :lol:

At times (too often in my humble opinion) Mr Dumpty lets himself (and therefore the Club) down with his antics, gesticulating and officials-bating.

It's not clever. Its not endearing. And over the course of the season, it costs us points.

Grow up Humpty!
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum