{ the forum }

Stagsnet wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Todays attendance

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Todays attendance

Postby Stoney » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:21 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
Stoney wrote:We should have been pushing for 5500 today, it's a poor attendance. Also what's happened to the singing block? Is that still going? Didn't hear them at all today.

Stoney unsure where you sit but I sit in P block and can confirm its still where most noise is generated. I will admit at times it did feel a little bit of a struggle to get it going but the drummer hasn't been at FGR or Luton games.

Does anyone know him? Or want to replace him as the Q block atmosphere takes a big step up when a drummer is in attendance.

Just underneath the singing block in the F block mate. Heard them at times but totally outsung by Luton and they didn't have a drum!

The lads up there were fantastic when they first got the singing block going but it seems to be dying on its arse.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby magicstag » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:39 pm

Singers ,Need to return to quarry lane.
All grounds need a kop.
Gates will grow with results, happens at every club.
Build it and they will come
magicstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby daddycool » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:25 pm

Played crap and lost last wk. The answer
daddycool
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:46 am

I think away support quite low for this one they muster around 6 to 7 thousand at their own place and u would have expected at least 1500
Agree the non regulars won't come u less we are top 2 ish in current position we are no better than most but the table is early doors luckily no clear winners forging ahead and Coventry were certainly quickly cut back to size
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:26 am

I think we're doing well with the attendances.

When was the last time we dragged in over 3600 home fans for the first 2 league games of a season?
MTFCMAD
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amberheart » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:38 pm

I thought it was slightly disappointing, was expecting over 5000 with two bookies favourites playing each other! weather was good for a bank holiday weekend so lots of families would've gone away .
a stag is a proud & noble beast
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:42 pm

More performances like the Luton game and we will see average home attendances steadily increase.
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:50 pm

County then Chesterfield game will be the barometer for level of interest.

Reasonable chance of doing the double at home, would it be fair to expect at least a minimum 6500 - 7000 for county? 7500 - 8000 for the Chesterfield game? Providing we're doing well in the league of course.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:52 pm

I see no reason why Chesterfield wouldn't sell out if we are up there
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:53 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:More performances like the Luton game and we will see average home attendances steadily increase.

If you mean throwing away points in a game we should have won, then No, that won't help increase attendances. Wins, points on the board and being top 5 will.

Can't imagine many potential punters sat at home looking at how we messed that one up and thinking, yeah I'd like to oay £20+ to watch them mess it up next time...
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby steiner » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:21 pm

Jamie wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:More performances like the Luton game and we will see average home attendances steadily increase.

If you mean throwing away points in a game we should have won, then No, that won't help increase attendances. Wins, points on the board and being top 5 will.

Can't imagine many potential punters sat at home looking at how we messed that one up and thinking, yeah I'd like to oay £20+ to watch them mess it up next time...

First game for me this season and walked away feeling like i'd just watched Barca v R. Madrid compared to the dross dished up the last couple of seasons under Murray, Very entertaining game with some high quality football played at times,
If we finish one place below luton come may then we will be playing in L1 next season.
steiner
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:21 pm

Jamie wrote:

There was plenty of entertainment value in the game, and most of us see signs of a quality team emerging. So, even though we are going to get disappointments from time to time, I believe that we WILL see an up-turn in attendances as he season progresses.
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:00 pm

bellwhiff wrote:I see no reason why Chesterfield wouldn't sell out if we are up there

Will you be coming?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:37 pm

It is what it is ,no use moaning ,if i bought a buisness and someone said it does x amount a year i would check it and if i m happy buy it if not dont buy it its like most things in life if you make it worthwhile people will use it if not they wont
spanishstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:05 pm

Spiritater wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:I see no reason why Chesterfield wouldn't sell out if we are up there

Will you be coming?

Yes. Definitely.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:12 pm

took young Yorkie in the family stand for £18, fantastic value, however he did nothing but moan for 90mins that he wanted to sit back in the WSU with grandad, dam it real shame the family deals not for the rest of the ground
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:41 am

Spiritater wrote:
Bradders wrote:Bank holiday weekend means a lot of people will be away on holiday or have other plans foisted on them that don't include football. I wasn't surprised that the attendance was under 5000.

So what will be the excuse in two weeks time then t'Cods come to town?

1pm Kick off?

Kids back at school (so they've had to spend it on a new uniform?

Too cold?

They've not finished the new terracing on the Bish yet?

A 305 drop on home attendance and for a localish derby :cry: .

Seems more folk have gone on holiday to Skeg to join the others that've 'stay over' for an extra couple of weeks when they went on Bank Holiday weekend ;)

Oh wait, no silly me it'll be the 1pm kick off wont it.

Therefore the folk of the town will 'up' the home crowd in two weeks time against Camb Utd when we've beaten the Chairboys and Imps won't they eh?
Last edited by Spiritater on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:41 am

My god you're dull.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:44 am

I know whiffy, but I'd imagine JR isn't too happy. Crowds going down not up eh.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:48 am

I would have gone, but was unable to due to the early ko time. I'm sure there are others like me. As posted on another thread, I hope the police take into account that the game passed off with no trouble and review their advice. Football matches should start at 3pm ( their traditional time ).
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:07 am

Spiro, I'm with you on fan apathy. It was a disappointing home turn out, however I give you:

*1 win in 7 - the easily withered demand wins, and be bloody regular about it too!
*Grimsby not being the draw that some believe - I'd call it a half-derby more than owt.
*And another thing about Grimsby, we've played them endlessly over the last few years. It's rarely attractive and has a touch of the meeting of the dead heads about it.

Ultimately, we have a core home support of 2500-3000 that rises with interest, but will only become significant with wins wins wins. And whilst we float between 2500-3700 home support Johnny will never build the Bish. And who could blame him?
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:21 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Spiro, I'm with you on fan apathy. It was a disappointing home turn out, however I give you:

*1 win in 7 - the easily withered demand wins, and be bloody regular about it too!
*Grimsby not being the draw that some believe - I'd call it a half-derby more than owt.
*And another thing about Grimsby, we've played them endlessly over the last few years. It's rarely attractive and has a touch of the meeting of the dead heads about it.

Ultimately, we have a core home support of 2500-3000 that rises with interest, but will only become significant with wins wins wins. And whilst we float between 2500-3700 home support Johnny will never build the Bish. And who could blame him?

All very true, Doomers.
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby jay the butcher » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:21 pm

Sadly roomy your final paragraph is spot on
jay the butcher
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby jay the butcher » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:21 pm

Doomy not roomy
jay the butcher
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby hucknallstag » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:59 pm

or maybe we have another match on tues?and a local derby at lincoln on sat?just sayin
hucknallstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum