{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Todays attendance

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Todays attendance

Postby ParisStag » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:12 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Bradders wrote:Bank holiday weekend means a lot of people will be away on holiday or have other plans foisted on them that don't include football. I wasn't surprised that the attendance was under 5000.

So what will be the excuse in two weeks time then t'Cods come to town?

1pm Kick off?

Kids back at school (so they've had to spend it on a new uniform?

Too cold?

They've not finished the new terracing on the Bish yet?

A 305 drop on home attendance and for a localish derby :cry: .

Seems more folk have gone on holiday to Skeg to join the others that've 'stay over' for an extra couple of weeks when they went on Bank Holiday weekend ;)

Oh wait, no silly me it'll be the 1pm kick off wont it.

Therefore the folk of the town will 'up' the home crowd in two weeks time against Camb Utd when we've beaten the Chairboys and Imps won't they eh?

Most Stags fans see Luton as more of a grudge match than Grimsby. That's why more turned out for that. And your constant drivel about crowds is starting to come undone. Crowds are on the up overall.

2016/17 saw a 9% increase in average attendences - up to 3,774.
This season so far, we are averaging 4,372. Early as it may be and as likely as it is that that figure will decrease at some point, it's still on the up overall. Why you feel the need to try to find any little excuse to moan about attendences is beyond me. You're the new Norman.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Yes 300 home fans down on last home game was disappointing.

However 4 who sit by me were on holiday and missed the game, another guy I know was ill and missed the game plus speaking to a guy this morning who turned up at 230pm as he forgot is was a 1pm ko. He said that there were two other folk at the ground at the same time who had forgot is was early kick off as well.

So that was eight who missed the game that I have heard of.
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:34 pm

In keeping with SE's request for perspective.

The last promotion season from this division, after a great preseason & an unbeaten first 8 games our first 5 home gates.

Southend 2,700
Macc Town 2,600
Lincoln 3,800
Shrewsbury 4,700
Hull 5,700

Our first few games at home compare favourably with that, which suggests if this team starts to deliver consistently gates averaging 5,000 this season are easily attainable.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:24 pm

ParisStag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Bradders wrote:Bank holiday weekend means a lot of people will be away on holiday or have other plans foisted on them that don't include football. I wasn't surprised that the attendance was under 5000.

1pm Kick off?

Too cold?

Seems more folk have gone on holiday to Skeg to join the others that've 'stay over' for an extra couple of weeks when they went on Bank Holiday weekend ;)

Therefore the folk of the town will 'up' the home crowd in two weeks time against Camb Utd when we've beaten the Chairboys and Imps won't they eh?

Most Stags fans see Luton as more of a grudge match than Grimsby. That's why more turned out for that. And your constant drivel about crowds is starting to come undone. Crowds are on the up overall.

This season so far, we are averaging 4,372. Early as it may be and as likely as it is that that figure will decrease at some point, it's still on the up overall. Why you feel the need to try to find any little excuse to moan about attendences is beyond me. You're the new Norman.

You are quoting overall attendances though. I'm talking about the 'home' support.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby 1975stag » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:05 am

Some of us were at work. You know , that place where we earn our living.

How dare i choose between football and food
1975stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby tibby » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:18 am

Wow. Bit dramatic, but get your point.
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Kenwood » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:28 am

The 1pm kick offs must impact on the attendance in a negative way?

Me and my two lads just made it into the ground after there own game which kicked off at 10:30.. any later kick off for them, or a venue further afield and we would have missed the game.

I know a few people who work Saturday mornings or who's kids play football.

I think if this game had been a 3pm kick off we would have seen a few more hundred on the gate.
Kenwood
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:39 am

Ok fair arguments.
Now assuming we win both our next two games or even win and draw you'd expect the 'home' crowd to be at least back up to the figure it was (or better) against FGR when we play Camb Utd wouldn't you eh?

If not what excuse will be trotted out?

Saving for Xmas

Too cold

Can't get served in SP before the game.

Don't like the scoreboard.

The Bish makes me too embarassed to attend.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:47 am

i dont live in mansfield anymore, but i have checked with all my family and friends still there, and NOWHERE does it say that they MUST attend every, or any, football match played at one call/field mill.
likewise there is no compulsion to go to the local cinema, kfc, bowling alley, public house or brothel, no matter how attractive the fare on offer.
whoever you are, you have a choice of where to spend your hard earned cash.
if the product is good, more customers will buy it.
if the products recent history is pretty crappy, people need more than constant accusations of apathy to come and try it again.
people need no excuse not to come, but they do need a reason to come.
told you, what carolyn wants, carolyn gets.
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:51 am

No matter how many games we win, some of us CAN'T attend a 1 pm ko. Whether it be work, family commitments etc, it's a fact. I can understand it for Chesterfield, partially understand it for Notts County, but Grimsby and Lincoln ? It needs to be looked at again. Football matches should k o at their traditional time........... 3pm.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby smiler67 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:15 am

Do people think by constantly moaning and whinging about the attendance that ithey
will improve?Get a grip,turn up,support your team and get on with it,the negativity on here is unreal sometimes. :shock:
smiler67
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:17 am

Amber Andy wrote:No matter how many games we win, some of us CAN'T attend a 1 pm ko. Whether it be work, family commitments etc, it's a fact. I can understand it for Chesterfield, partially understand it for Notts County, but Grimsby and Lincoln ? It needs to be looked at again. Football matches should k o at their traditional time........... 3pm.

Well yes, as I've said above fair arguement.

But if we're not back up to at least the FGR 'home' attendance assuming we have decent results in the next few games what'll be the reason? Two decent results could see us back in the playoff picture and on the 'up'.
How frustrated would you feel if you were JR and folk didn't come and the home att still stayed at 3.3k?
He sent out a rallying call pre season and called for the town to back the club, it's not happened.

Contrast to this to this coming weekend. 1pm kickoff and more than likely Sincil Bank will have a 9,000/10,000+ attendance.

You'd (well I would anyway) expect the Clownty game at the end of the month (assuming we are both in the top 7) to be a sell out 1pm ko or not. If it wasn't I'd take the horse I've been flogging for 7-8 years and shoot it if I were JR.

Also there were more Stags fans in attendance away at Clownty on a cold January afternoon than we got on Sat... for what was a 1pm kick off. They seemed to make the effort then to 'find the time'.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:58 am

Spiritater wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

1pm Kick off?

Too cold?

You are quoting overall attendances though. I'm talking about the 'home' support.

This figures are our home league average attendances only.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:34 am

Not including away support. Oh sorry I see it's last season you are on about :oops:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:40 am

There won't be over 4,000 against Wycombe or Cambridge I'm afraid, said this from the moment the price was increased to £24 for the casual fan on match day (yes people do look at the top end figure as much as you bleat otherwise).

I don't have a ST and like to think I am as loyal as they come, but even I can see through the ticket prices being too high for League 2 football.

You have to appeal to the casual fan, much as they get lambasted on here, and I'm afraid we won't until we are top 3 for a long period of time.

We were winning the battle with games being all ticket and £20/£22 pay on the door prices, so what to do, we put em up!

I'd be more than happy with 3,500 on Tuesday night, won't happen though.
BigGuy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:12 pm

I know it's not to completely relevant, but there are some poor attendances even in league one... for example scunthorpe vs blackpool only had just over 4k there and scunny were in the play offs last season, thought that was poor

wins get bums on seats and , i want the whole town to support mansfield but with the way sky sports is these days it just isn't going to happen
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:14 pm

I would of done something with the prices for this Tuesday thinking ahead, maybe do it for Cambridge?

Our attendance against Grimsby was disappointing to be below the FGR and Luton games to be fair, but generally crowds are getting better and I reckon we will be close to 4000 home fans per game by Christmas.

4K home crowds at L2 ain't bad.
Conker
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:49 pm

Anything over 3,500 home fans against Cambridge would be an exceptional effort.

For those arguing about 1pm KO's where I agree that some won't be able to work around it (and think its ridiculous to KO at 1) it's not like these times were altered last week, if folk could get around it, and were that determined take time off from work, don't play that football match etc. If I can get to Mansfield for 10 from Manchester, i'm sure if folk were determined enough they can make it
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:55 pm

I would ask 'tater as moaner in chief about gates, how many guests will he be bringing along to The Wonk this season?
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:58 pm

Below is our average home league attendance since being back in league two with position in league included.

2016-2017: 3,774 (12th in League Two)
2015-2016: 3,439 (12th in League Two)
2014-2015: 3,064 (21st in League Two)
2013-2014: 3,385 (11th in League Two)

I think what this information shows us that as a club our crowd base has grown since promotion even without continued success on the pitch.

A season in the play off positions should see us break that 4000 mark with ease.

My future hope for the club is to see it pull in 4000 fans every week even iff occupying a mid table birth in league two.
MTFCMAD
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:42 pm

average attendances at Field Mill going back to 1974.
http://stagsnet.net/fm/stats/Stats.html
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:05 pm

what happened in 78?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:16 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:what happened in 78?

we had been relegated from Division 2 (The Championship) back down to Division 3.
http://stagsnet.net/vintage/history/Part9.html
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum