{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Logan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Logan

Postby lancer » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:57 pm

Sorry but total liability. Never looked confident and had nothing to do but still let 2 goals in. With him in nets we will very rarely keep a clean sheet,
Every cross was met with indecision and as soon as they got one back there was only one outcome.
Early days I know but if we have serious of automatic promotion we need a decent keeper.
Onwards and upwards
COYS
lancer
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Logan

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:04 pm

Agreed, needs to be warming the bench from now on. Been nowhere near any goal he has conceded, and can only recall him making one decent save in 4 games (late on vs Crewe). You can't have a keeper that is glued to his line in this league, there are too many crosses to deal with.
BH_Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:05 pm

Time for olejnik , he should get the nod for lincoln on tuesday where he can prove he should be number one. As soon as the ball left their players foot near the touch line i knew it was going in, he seemed to be in a bad position and couldn't make up the ground
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:06 pm

had cement boots on from his first pre season game, does not command his box and too slow
Spencer and Logan and some didn't believe me
hate to say .....i told you so
Last edited by yorkshire stag on Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:07 pm

It's not spencer's fault we collapsed and conceded two goals though is it? I would've preferred anderson to take the penalty but no point crying about it now
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:10 pm

What i'm saying is both are not good enough
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby tiptop » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:10 pm

Unbelievable at times .....
We was fantastic today,and yet we still have a dig at someone !!
We hammered luton today and was so much better than last week,its a complete new team that are beginning to gel....

Instead of having a go at our players yet again,we lost because of the cheating luton player's conning the officals with there fouls and blatant falling over..

Yes a disappointing result however what a good side we have
tiptop
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:12 pm

Worst keeper since Paddy Gamble
stagsfan6493
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bigalstag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:20 pm

Cant believe criticism.
Played Luton to death and still we idiots who want call management and players alike.
We switched off 5 minutes and were punished. Thats what quality players do to you.
We are light years in front of last season and with a bit of proper support we might realise our potential!
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:23 pm

bigalstag wrote:Cant believe criticism.
Played Luton to death and still we idiots who want call management and players alike.
We switched off 5 minutes and were punished. Thats what quality players do to you.
We are light years in front of last season and with a bit of proper support we might realise our potential!

The result today had nothing to do with the support. You can still criticise things about the game and think we played well for the most part.

Digby couldn't be bothered tracking his runner for the first goal despite only just coming on. Logan does not inspire me at all, give Olejnik a chance.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:26 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:What i'm saying is both are not good enough

All around me in the IGU agree that neither keeper is much of an improvement over the deadwood we had last season, but Logan is a complete no-no.

Move him on Evans.
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby lancer » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Oh so we would be happy? We are 14th. I know early days and I think we will get promoted. But we need a better keeper. Sorry if that offends but hey ho. I suppose I should be grateful
lancer
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Frontrowhero » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:28 pm

Don't talk rubbish, the fans were superb in supporting the team today. Luton were not quality what game were you watching?, we sat back and yet again showed that we can't defend crosses and Logan is not good enough
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby robeyre » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:35 pm

Pretty much sums up my feelings.

Im gutted but dont think its fair to criticise individual playrrs who all gave their all.
I do wonder about Logan though
robeyre
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby scottyd281 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:46 pm

I believe the CB's are nervous of Logan, he is a little slow off his line and to me likes it too much (his line). Pearce clearing with a header 2nd half is just one example when Logan was clearly shouting for it.

I thought it was a great game, Mansfield played very well for 85 mins and a good start for Kane. Not too sure why Spencer took the peno, but Rose missed a sitter on the 5 yard rebound. Just wished they got it in to shove it in the faces of the Luton fans and their excited Manager. Slight worry about the late goals conceding as we did look tired 75 mins in.

Mellis is different class and we will do well to keep him here until the end of the season (my opinion). Yes, I am disappointed, but Luton are very strong with Collins and Hylton up front playing along side Luke Berry. Forwards are paid to score goals and those two cetianly do that, irrespective of what we may think of them and their open play.
scottyd281
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:49 pm

Yorkie, I hate to say this but with Spencer missing the penalty against 'them' today I think he'll go down the same route like Palmer sitter against spireites and Arquin sitter against County in the records for all the wrong reasons!!!
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:49 pm

Logan is diabolical.... He pushing jason white for incompetence.

The lad doesn't come off his line, commands no respect, his defenders don't understand him and he continuously makes the wrong divisions.

The confidence of the defence was highlighted when Pearce belted it out for a throw in when it was his to catch and then the one time we came out of his box he did so half hearted and was caught in no mans land for the equaliser.

He cost us A point last week at Accrington and cost us a win today - whereas the goal we conceded wasn't clearly just his fault he needs replacing - now
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:51 pm

scottyd281 wrote:I believe the CB's are nervous of Logan, he is a little slow off his line and to me likes it too much (his line). Pearce clearing with a header 2nd half is just one example when Logan was clearly shouting for it.

I thought it was a great game, Mansfield played very well for 85 mins and a good start for Kane. Not too sure why Spencer took the peno, but Rose missed a sitter on the 5 yard rebound. Just wished they got it in to shove it in the faces of the Luton fans and their excited Manager. Slight worry about the late goals conceding as we did look tired 75 mins in.

Mellis is different class and we will do well to keep him here until the end of the season (my opinion). Yes, I am disappointed, but Luton are very strong with Collins and Hylton up front playing along side Luke Berry. Forwards are paid to score goals and those two cetianly do that, irrespective of what we may think of them and their open play.

And the sad thing is Collins looked absolutely atrocious
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:55 pm

Yeah, idiots who saw that Logan had a bad game, afain, despite us having a cracker. How dare people complain.

Bet you're one of those dense folk who vote for the lib dems
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:59 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:had cement boots on from his first pre season game, does not command his box and too slow
Spenser and Logan and some didn't believe me

I bet you were quietly chuffed that Spencer totally faffed that penalty, a happy whistle and big strides all the way home, rubbing your hands together, itching to slag the fella off on Stagsnet. Obviously after joining the totally needless boos at full time from the out of touch miserable raspberries who think they're owed something. Seriously, the only thing worse than that penalty is the hopelessness of our constantly irritatingly crap fans - seriously, booing at the final whistle after a largely good performance from a still gelling side?

If our fans were regularly better than our teams I'd get it, however, they are always worse. Much worse. The players should be booing us.

Stick with the football team for Christ's sake. They are streets ahead of what you are used to. It will come together but that'll be despite the likes of this sorry lot in the stands, not because they help.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:04 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:had cement boots on from his first pre season game, does not command his box and too slow

I bet you were quietly chuffed that Spencer totally faffed that penalty, a happy whistle and big strides all the way home, rubbing your hands together, itching to slag the fella off on Stagsnet. Obviously after joining the totally needless boos at full time from the out of touch miserable raspberries who think they're owed something. Seriously, the only thing worse than that penalty is the hopelessness of our constantly irritatingly crap fans - seriously, booing at the final whistle after a largely good performance from a still gelling side?

If our fans were regularly better than our teams I'd get it, however, they are always worse. Much worse. The players should be booing us.

Stick with the football team for Christ's sake. They are streets ahead of what you are used to. It will come together but that'll be despite the likes of this sorry lot in the stands, not because they help.

I stood at the front Doomy to clap the team off but I'm ashamed to say as Hylton but more McCormack and their manager strode by goading the crowd I cracked for the first time in 10 years and gave them some abuse.
Am I a bad person?
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:10 pm

not at all . not when luton are in town, hylton knows what he's doing with his antics and is always looking to rile up the crowd and con the refs

jones is a burke aswell, all of their handballs were blatant and just embarrassing and he argued everyone of them.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:12 pm

Amen, Mr. Doom.
Most people wouldn't know a good perfomance or team, if it ran them over.
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Frontrowhero » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:12 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

What where you expecting the fans to do, go ape and go wow we are amazing at the final whistle. Fact is doomy we chucked away a win against a team that never looked like scoring. Yes trying to reflect now there might be positives but at the final whistle trust me I couldn't see any bloody positives, points lost you could see why the fans where frustrated
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:15 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

I stood at the front Doomy to clap the team off but I'm ashamed to say as Hylton but more McCormack and their manager strode by goading the crowd I cracked for the first time in 10 years and gave them some abuse.
Am I a bad person?

Of course not Woody. I'm talking about individuals booing our own team, after they gave that gave everything. To me this lot are simply morons who give zippo to the cause - might as well Jack it, go shopping with the missus and cry in the dark about their unfulfilled lives.

Anyone booing that today needs another hobby, cos they clearly know orange all about drama and a decent game of football.... I even heard one utter flid say the word "dire".
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum