{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Clownty

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Clownty

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:58 am

Did anyone hear Kevin Nolan's post-match interview on Radio Forest?

Well and truly their wheels are falling off :lol:
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:06 am

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:22 am

Loudmouth blog should be interesting.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:41 am

oh dear, my oh my, what a shame!
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:57 am

They are going to finish 9th or 10th this season.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:21 am

:roll: :( :shock: :? :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:13 pm

Pop, can anyone, pop, else hear, pop pop, the sound, pop pop, of, pop pop, bursting bubbles, pop pop pop. It's worse, pop pop, than a, pop, West Ham, pop pop, match, pop pop pop.
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:27 pm

Post-match - 10/02/2018 - @bbcnottingham http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05v8ljp

Here's the Nolan interview on BBC Radio Nottingham with Charlie Slater.

Starts at around 23:50

:lol:

They're definitely losing their bottle
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:38 pm

I would laugh but lets bounce back Tuesday and jump above them in the league first ;)
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:35 am

Lost the dressing room it sounds like.....

Players back chatting / Straight to bed / no tea
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:33 am

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:18 pm

SINA STAG wrote:Lost the dressing room it sounds like.....

It's like when Phil Brown told all his players off at half-time on the pitch. Nolan decided to not let them go home though and made them watch the DVD when they got back.

I think he will have definitely turned a few against him after that.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:12 pm

Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:59 pm

stagmanrob wrote:

It's like when Phil Brown told all his players off at half-time on the pitch. Nolan decided to not let them go home though and made them watch the DVD when they got back.

Fair play to Nolan in doing what he's done.
The Clownty players have put in two shocking performances in a week and they need to know it's not good enough.
As a player you get paid a fair wad for doing something we all dream of. You have to be able take the rough with the smooth. For Nolan to pass of Saturday's flop and say, 'Enjoy your golf on Sunday lads and don't be too late Monday, it's just a blip', would be poor stuff by him. He probz gave them the benefit of the doubt after Tues but it got no better, there was no 'reaction'.
Clownty have been on the slide for while now, Nolan needs them to turn it around.

If we'd lost to Barnet t'other week at home what would you have said if Evo'd made them stay after the game and gone thru the game again on DVD and then called em into training next day.
Would it have been 'fair play Steve the players need to know it wasn't good enough'

Or
'I'd have given the players 3 days off cos they're tired'.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:17 pm

Spiritater wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:

The Clownty players have put in two shocking performances in a week and they need to know it's not good enough.
As a player you get paid a fair wad for doing something we all dream of. You have to be able take the rough with the smooth. For Nolan to pass of Saturday's flop and say, 'Enjoy your golf on Sunday lads and don't be too late Monday, it's just a blip', would be poor stuff by him. He probz gave them the benefit of the doubt after Tues but it got no better, there was no 'reaction'.
Clownty have been on the slide for while now, Nolan needs them to turn it around.

If we'd lost to Barnet t'other week at home what would you have said if Evo'd made them stay after the game and gone thru the game again on DVD and then called em into training next day.
Would it have been 'fair play Steve the players need to know it wasn't good enough'

Or

Footballers normally have Sunday off. I would have thought the last thing they would have wanted would be a late night watching a poor performance that they all knew they contributed to. They should have been made to come in Sunday morning, I always thought that was the norm after a poor performance?
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:30 pm

Maybe Nolan was going out himself on the Sunday.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:22 pm

Dan wrote:

Is that American?

No that's Mason Dixon.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:19 pm

Sneag wrote:
Dan wrote:

Is that American?

No that's Mason Dixon.

Draw a line under it
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:15 am

stagmanrob wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:

Or

Footballers normally have Sunday off. I would have thought the last thing they would have wanted would be a late night watching a poor performance that they all knew they contributed to. They should have been made to come in Sunday morning, I always thought that was the norm after a poor performance?

He had them in at 8am Sunday morning as well.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:20 am

Dan wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:

Or

He had them in at 8am Sunday morning as well.

He will have definitely lost a few players in that dressing room then, no doubt about that. More than likely it will be those who gave him "backchat" :lol:

He claims players will be dropped, and those who havn't featured will be given their chance. I still maintain that their squad isn't good enough in terms of depth and quality, and I wouldn't swap any of their players for any of ours.
The fact that they've spent so much of the season above us, I'm not sure if it speaks volumes of their over-achievement, or our under-achievement (which is a harsh word to use really, as we've drawn too many games rather than been crap and lost too many)

If they're making drastic changes at this stage of the season with a divided dressing room, surely it's only a matter of time before they do what they usually do.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:55 pm

I talked to a county supporting colleague today, he said the score flattered them yesterday and they barely crossed the half way line in the second half. It’s all about the points at this stage of the season but if they keep putting in those displays you’d expect them to drop down the table.
Jimstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby spanishstag » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:44 pm

They have got a thread now about how bad it would be to lose against us in the play offs ,arrogant buggers assuming they will be in the play offs and not even thinking we could get automatic promotion , precious
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:49 pm

spanishstag wrote:They have got a thread now about how bad it would be to lose against us in the play offs ,arrogant buggers assuming they will be in the play offs and not even thinking we could get automatic promotion , precious

To be fair they've got a point having gone on about this gap all season - they were promoted back in September allegedly. Oh no wait a season is longer than 10 games :lol:
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:56 pm

Taken from their site:

Play off concerns . . .

A considerable amount of discussion going off between fans at the moment about if we end up in the play-offs and have to face them up the road.

Speaking with friends last night it seems the general consensus is that if we can't achieve automatic promotion we are likely to face Mansfailed, either in the semi's or maybe even at Wembley.

It's fair to say this raised many concerns with those I discussed this with.

I actually ended the night by saying I would rather miss out on play offs altogether rather than face the guaranteed humiliation we will experience by losing out to the sIags, especially if that is in the final.

Of course I don't really mean that but the thought did actually cross my mind as I did actually speak those words.

Jeez this season is going to finish a few of us off I'm sure of it! 

I'm saying bring it on! :D :coys:
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:00 pm

Think id sooner have automatic promotion ,let them have the play offs ,somehow i think they will fade away ,hope so
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum