{ the forum }

Stagsnet wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

STAGS FANS UNITED AGM AND FANS FORUM WITH JOHN RADFORD

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: STAGS FANS UNITED AGM AND FANS FORUM WITH JOHN RADFORD

Postby crazystagdad » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:15 pm

i would have gone but didnt know it was on as seen no advertising and as an original member of team mansfield and life member was not informed and have recieved no correspondence in years
crazystagdad
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby part time pete » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:42 pm

crazystagdad wrote:i would have gone but didnt know it was on as seen no advertising and as an original member of team mansfield and life member was not informed and have recieved no correspondence in years

Are you still at the same address or/and same email address when you joined.

If you have changed addresses and not told SFU then it is unlikely you will have received notification.

I know that notices were sent out by mail and email to all members.
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:44 pm

crazystagdad wrote:i would have gone but didnt know it was on as seen no advertising and as an original member of team mansfield and life member was not informed and have recieved no correspondence in years

The first post of this thread gives you all the information even if you have not told SFU you have changed address.

I am not sure what more the SFU can do. Also it has been advertised on Facebook and twitter as well.
part time pete

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:50 pm

as Pete says, we notified people via email to SFU members to the email address we have on record, and via twitter, facebook, and Stagsnet, in addition to the SFU website.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby part time pete » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:51 pm

If you email Info@stagsfansunitedsociety .co.uk

With your details then SFU will see where notification was sent to.
part time pete

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:53 pm

i got mine ok
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:41 pm

When will the minutes from the meeting be available. Also will it be on ifollow ?
MTFCMAD
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Forever Optimistic » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:00 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:When will the minutes from the meeting be available. Also will it be on ifollow ?

They've got to get ifollow to work properly first :lol:
Something tells me we're into something good
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:18 am

Seems the minutes getting put up on here are as reliable as ifallover. Then again TTF failed miserably to post the Stocksbridge report and handed his notice in as part time reporter, so we could get the minutes posted up sometime in November :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:41 am

Martin Shaw wrote:as Pete says, we notified people via email to SFU members to the email address we have on record, and via twitter, facebook, and Stagsnet, in addition to the SFU website.

Don't the SFU hand out 5 golden tickets anymore Martin/Pete?
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:31 am

Spiritater wrote:Seems the minutes getting put up on here are as reliable as ifallover. Then again TTF failed miserably to post the Stocksbridge report and handed his notice in as part time reporter, so we could get the minutes posted up sometime in November :lol:

I made you a nice video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPW-Nz_QqeY&t=41s

November seems a little optimistic to me as I'm back in silly season at work. It could be January 2018. :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:08 pm

Sorry for the delay but here are my notes, not saying that they are 100% accurate as sometimes the microphone was not used properly at times or I am going deaf, but the general impression was that JR was very open with his answers and you didn't feel he was trying to hide stuff.

Q - How are things going
A - Disappointing, been unlucky, playing better football, long way to go, not worried, confident for rest of season

Q – Numbers through the gates?
A – Attendances will only improve when we consistently win games

Q – How does transfer process work?
A – Very cloak and dagger, better players chased by a number of clubs, for instance SE told me about Butcher 6 or 7 weeks ago but only active negotiations in the last four weeks.
SE gave me list of 26 targets we got eight, six strikers on the list we got three. George Taft was lined up to go to another club but Cambridge came in and offered more money.

Q – Surprised Matt Green was let go
A – I didn’t want him to leave but SE said we could get better.

Q- Must have been a bit annoyed by not getting a transfer fee for Matt Green.
A – Yes we turned down £200K from Leyton Orient and £50K from another club during the season, but that’s football

Q- Is it true Ollie Palmer was on holiday with you
A – He happened to be staying at same hotel and I was surprised to see him when he came and used the next sun lounger to me. Turned out he had offers from Lincoln and Cambridge.

Q – Sam Clucas sell-on clause, any more money?
A – Unfortunately no, just some from his move to Hull. We had high hopes of some money from Tom Naylor’s future moves after Derby but it never materialised.

Q – Why aren’t we blooding more youth players in first team
A – SE does want to take the risk yet. If we get miles clear at the top then we will. Promotion is the priority. We have 11 former youths on contract with majority on loan to gain men’s football experience. We are just waiting to find right club for Jack Thomas.

Q – Your views on check-a-trade trophy
A – Clubs get good money, we made over £100K last year.

Q – Are Monday nights with….. coming back
A – Yes, just waiting until Tuesday night games not in the way

Q – What are your views on goalkeeper situation?
A – Yes, it divides opinion. SE picks the team, he lives and dies by results. Both keepers on SE target list.

Q – What are your views on penalty taker?
A – all forwards should score penalties

Q – Satisfied with new pitch?
A – Money spent on pitch every year and Mark Burton ( new Director) who works for Ulyetts Landscapers has been very helpful ensuring the money is well spent. Grass cut every other day and growing 6mm a day. Directors walk the stadium after each board meeting picking up issues and challenging the stadium management team.

Q – Number of complaints re queuing at turnstiles, no ale, delays in card transactions etc.
A – Need to be specific in details, so new arrangement put in place where all complaints should go to SSA or SFU as per the post on stagsnet re new procedure.

Q – Scoreboard?
A – Only cost £10K from a man in a pub, still got a number more panels, could have been twice the size. Paul B assured it will be working for Grimsby game.

Q – Woburn Road, how is it progressing
A – Area now levelled, planning passed and two grass pitches coming on. SH said heavy machines to level cost £15K to hire. Still working through ‘onerous’ planning conditions before further building commences.

Q – Bishop Street Stand
A – No definite plans yet, crowds not big enough. Looking at access from both ends and refurbishing concrete steps.

Q -Youth International game , Success?
A – Moderate success, not a failure, get a set fee from FA.

Q- Why don’t we have sown on badges on kit
A – not cost effective, shirts would be too expensive

Q – Why has Andy Sutton resigned as a director
A – Health reasons

Q –Why can’t away fans buy tickets on day of game
A – They can, games are called ticket only not ‘All ticket’. There is a difference.

Q – How long are players contracts
A – All on two years with option by club

Q – Why are transfer fees ‘undisclosed’
A – Sometimes players and agents insist they are undisclosed. We have paid Peterborough £300K this year. ( My comment - this could include loan fees for Coulthirst and White) as well as transfer fee for Angol and White.

(Still some speculation if record transfer has been broken)

Q – Abroad for PSF again
A – Not sure yet

Q – Need more players visiting into the community and kids parties
A – Need to talk to Mark Hawkins who arranges these visits.

Q – Any details about hotel
A – Meetings in progress, a few hoops to jump through. Position not decided on yet. Building will be owned by us, Hilton name just being used.
part time pete

Postby Spiritater » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:00 am

Were any questions asked off this thread as there's no mention of the broadcast rights, ie will the club be sticking to 1.032 as preferential broadcaster in future?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:26 pm

part time pete wrote:Sorry for the delay but here are my notes, not saying that they are 100% accurate as sometimes the microphone was not used properly at times or I am going deaf, but the general impression was that JR was very open with his answers and you didn't feel he was trying to hide stuff.

Q - How are things going
A - Disappointing, been unlucky, playing better football, long way to go, not worried, confident for rest of season

Q – Numbers through the gates?
A – Attendances will only improve when we consistently win games

Q – How does transfer process work?
A – Very cloak and dagger, better players chased by a number of clubs, for instance SE told me about Butcher 6 or 7 weeks ago but only active negotiations in the last four weeks.
SE gave me list of 26 targets we got eight, six strikers on the list we got three. George Taft was lined up to go to another club but Cambridge came in and offered more money.

Q – Surprised Matt Green was let go
A – I didn’t want him to leave but SE said we could get better.

Q- Must have been a bit annoyed by not getting a transfer fee for Matt Green.
A – Yes we turned down £200K from Leyton Orient and £50K from another club during the season, but that’s football

Q- Is it true Ollie Palmer was on holiday with you
A – He happened to be staying at same hotel and I was surprised to see him when he came and used the next sun lounger to me. Turned out he had offers from Lincoln and Cambridge.

Q – Sam Clucas sell-on clause, any more money?
A – Unfortunately no, just some from his move to Hull. We had high hopes of some money from Tom Naylor’s future moves after Derby but it never materialised.

Q – Why aren’t we blooding more youth players in first team
A – SE does want to take the risk yet. If we get miles clear at the top then we will. Promotion is the priority. We have 11 former youths on contract with majority on loan to gain men’s football experience. We are just waiting to find right club for Jack Thomas.

Q – Your views on check-a-trade trophy
A – Clubs get good money, we made over £100K last year.

Q – Are Monday nights with….. coming back
A – Yes, just waiting until Tuesday night games not in the way

Q – What are your views on goalkeeper situation?
A – Yes, it divides opinion. SE picks the team, he lives and dies by results. Both keepers on SE target list.

Q – What are your views on penalty taker?
A – all forwards should score penalties

Q – Satisfied with new pitch?
A – Money spent on pitch every year and Mark Burton ( new Director) who works for Ulyetts Landscapers has been very helpful ensuring the money is well spent. Grass cut every other day and growing 6mm a day. Directors walk the stadium after each board meeting picking up issues and challenging the stadium management team.

Q – Number of complaints re queuing at turnstiles, no ale, delays in card transactions etc.
A – Need to be specific in details, so new arrangement put in place where all complaints should go to SSA or SFU as per the post on stagsnet re new procedure.

Q – Scoreboard?
A – Only cost £10K from a man in a pub, still got a number more panels, could have been twice the size. Paul B assured it will be working for Grimsby game.

Q – Woburn Road, how is it progressing
A – Area now levelled, planning passed and two grass pitches coming on. SH said heavy machines to level cost £15K to hire. Still working through ‘onerous’ planning conditions before further building commences.

Q – Bishop Street Stand
A – No definite plans yet, crowds not big enough. Looking at access from both ends and refurbishing concrete steps.

Q -Youth International game , Success?
A – Moderate success, not a failure, get a set fee from FA.

Q- Why don’t we have sown on badges on kit
A – not cost effective, shirts would be too expensive

Q – Why has Andy Sutton resigned as a director
A – Health reasons

Q –Why can’t away fans buy tickets on day of game
A – They can, games are called ticket only not ‘All ticket’. There is a difference.

Q – How long are players contracts
A – All on two years with option by club

Q – Why are transfer fees ‘undisclosed’
A – Sometimes players and agents insist they are undisclosed. We have paid Peterborough £300K this year. ( My comment - this could include loan fees for Coulthirst and White) as well as transfer fee for Angol and White.

(Still some speculation if record transfer has been broken)

Q – Abroad for PSF again
A – Not sure yet

Q – Need more players visiting into the community and kids parties
A – Need to talk to Mark Hawkins who arranges these visits.

Q – Any details about hotel
A – Meetings in progress, a few hoops to jump through. Position not decided on yet. Building will be owned by us, Hilton name just being used.

Thanks Pete

The comments regarding the away tickets appear incorrect?

For example, the Wycombe website currently states,

Tickets for the Sky Bet League 2 match at Mansfield Town on Tuesday 12th September (k.o. 7.45pm) must be purchased in advance.

In accordance with the ground regulations at the One Call Stadium, the match is all-ticket for away fans, meaning tickets cannot be purchased on the night of the game.
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:46 pm

However as everyone knows and JR said that folk who turn up will be able to buy tickets if they haven't been all sold out.
part time pete

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:03 pm

KirkbyStag2 wrote:Thanks Pete

The comments regarding the away tickets appear incorrect?

For example, the Wycombe website currently states,

Tickets for the Sky Bet League 2 match at Mansfield Town on Tuesday 12th September (k.o. 7.45pm) must be purchased in advance.

In accordance with the ground regulations at the One Call Stadium, the match is all-ticket for away fans, meaning tickets cannot be purchased on the night of the game.

I think it was an error by Wycombe, or by Mansfield in initially informing Wycombe.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Wilfred » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:45 pm

Thanks for the informative summary, Pete. Much appreciated.
Being a Stags fan never has a happy ending. Because being a Stags fan never ends.
Wilfred
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:26 pm

Yes ta for comprehensive summary of the q n a!!
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:20 pm

part time pete wrote:However as everyone knows and JR said that folk who turn up will be able to buy tickets if they haven't been all sold out.

Well everyone but the away fans who are told that they wont be any on sale on the day
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby crazystagdad » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:47 pm

thanku part time pete will email my details again but positive i did it it when moved few years ago .
crazystagdad
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Stags Fans United » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:31 pm

more detailed notes from the fans forum are now on the SFU website
http://www.stagsfansunitedsociety.co.uk/
Stags Fans United
Youth Team
Youth Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum