{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Luton scorefred sponsored by Be there, this ones a cracker

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Luton scorefred sponsored by Be there, this ones a crac

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:26 pm

Personally didn't feel comfortable even when we were 2-0 as the tiredness kicked in it was wave after wave of luton attack.

Game was screaming out for Macdonald to put some fresh legs in the middle.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:31 pm

Feels like we've lost twice. Gutted
BH_Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:32 pm

Players and management bottled it end of !!!
MTFCMAD
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:35 pm

I thought taking Hemmings off was the right move he was blowing out his arse. But it needed the midfield tightening up, Rose did jackshit when he came on.

On the plus side today Angol played very well, Murfin looked solid and for the bulk of the game we walked all over then.

Negatives, Logan reminds me of Kevin Pressman and that is a very very bad thing. And Evo for all his experiance has totally raspberried up with his subs today.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:35 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Feels like we've lost twice. Gutted

it really does, when we had the penalty i thought ... we always do it the hard way, but we didn't do it and it's a massive kick on the teeth. at least we took a point but we should've never drawn that really. so frustrating after we played so well in the first half. don't think rose should've come on either

on to carlisle
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:38 pm

Cant understand why we keep showing teams wide when we can't defend crosses. Baffling.

Atkinson offers nothing for me and should be dropped as should Logan. Mellis was class, Byrom should have been subbed after he got booked, did his job with two assists but can't play 90 mins.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Frontrowhero » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:51 pm

Just got back and still can barely speak a word, how did we lose sorry draw that game. Two things to start, Logan needs to be dropped and McDonald in for Atkinson. How can we dominate a game for 70 mins so much and then fade so badly, it coincided with the subs, digby had a shocker misplaced passes, numerous missed tackles not good, neither did the two forwards coming on. Summed up by Spencer's missed pen, just an awful shot. We were superb today for 70 mins but showed why we have only won one in five now. Can't defend balls crossed into the box and a keeper that needs dropping. We have a tough run of league games coming up, can easily see us dropping down near the bottom unless we learn how to defend balls pumped into the box
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby madstagman » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:11 pm

Like I keep saying Evans don't do the bigger games ,(bottled it again)
madstagman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby die hirsche » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:12 pm

Luton were all over us for most of the second half and deserved a point.

We started sitting back after 50 odd minutes, time and time again a Luton midfielder would pick a ball up and have a license to stroll 20 yards forward. It was criminal.
We lack composure when teams are coming at us and at times we were like headless chickens.

Thoroughly písséd off, and as someone has already said, it feels more like we've lost twice today!
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:23 pm

:(

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:30 pm

Two points off bottom
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:32 pm

Throwing away a two goal lead was as much Evans's fault as any of the players. We were in control in the first half and should have been 3-0 up. Understandably, Luton came out with more determination. Within minutes, their gaffer did a double substitution and put three up front.

We were all at sea. Humpty should have responded quickly, by bringing Taft on with Digby to help shore up the defence. And how Byrom is keeping his place, God only knows.

I think Mr Dumpty must be seeing things in training that don't materialise on match day.
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:34 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Throwing away a two goal lead was as much Evans's fault as any of the players. We were in control in the first half and should have been 3-0 up. Understandably, Luton came out with more determination. Within minutes, their gaffer did a double substitution and put three up front.

We were all at sea. Humpty should have responded quickly, by bringing Taft on with Digby to help shore up the defence. And how Byrom is keeping his place, God only knows.

I think Mr Dumpty must be seeing things in training that don't materialise on match day.

You mean the lads what's assisted over half our goals.
MTFCMAD
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:35 pm

I think byrom keeps his place because he sets nearly all of our goals up...
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:46 pm

Sheffieldstag wrote:To be fair, we were the better team for the majority of the game. 5 minutes of madness seemingly caused by tiredness and losing two good outlets in Hemmings and Angol. After they went off, along with Mellis who caused them all sorts of troubled we had nothing up front and the ball kept coming back.

You can't blame Spencer for the overall result but it was a poor penalty and makes me wonder who is our main penalty taker. It didn't help all the fans banging the seats and boards building up tension.....you are meant to do that to intimidate the opposition not our own players!

Totally agree. If any of the substituted players had been left on, they would have taken the penalty. Why didn't the Luton player who handled the ball get sent off? Anderson had a chance of scoring. I think our other keeper should be given a chance. I'm not impressed with Conrad.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:47 pm

part time pete wrote:Two points off bottom

Three points off second.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Frontrowhero » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:48 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Throwing away a two goal lead was as much Evans's fault as any of the players. We were in control in the first half and should have been 3-0 up. Understandably, Luton came out with more determination. Within minutes, their gaffer did a double substitution and put three up front.

Byrom and mellis looked quality together today. If you want to have a moan about a cm say something about digby, he was dire when he came on today
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:49 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:I think byrom keeps his place because he sets nearly all of our goals up...

Nah drop our provider, no goals = more to moan about!
wayno cordiniho
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:52 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:I think byrom keeps his place because he sets nearly all of our goals up...

Nah drop our provider, no goals = more to moan about!

My opinion is as valid as yours, my friend.
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:55 pm

It is, my friend. But i don't agree with yours, he's one of the best midfielders we have - technically. As others said, digby let us down a bit coming on
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:56 pm

The side sent out today were superb, the gaffer flunked it up when he took Mellis off, their managers subs did not effect the game imo it was ours that did
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:56 pm

Anyone else think that Rhys Bennett played really well today? the end product was lacking a couple of times but i think he has done enough to keep his place in the side.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:57 pm

Foxy wrote:Anyone else think that Rhys Bennett played really well today? the end product was lacking a couple of times but i think he has done enough to keep his place in the side.

always tries really hard and is a great player, i'm not surprised teams are trying to buy him.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:16 pm

I think apart from the obvious need to replace Logan we were great for the first 80 minutes.

Play like that for the rest of the season and we will be just fine Thankyou, remember what we played were the title favourites, a side much better than our own talented squad and we bloody took them to the cleaners.

Evans subs weren't great,, the fitness levels need questioning and Logan needs dropping but other than that were a good shout for the top 3.

Angol had a cracking game with hemmings upfront and the midfield in general looked good.

Despite the result we've much to build on
adamstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum