{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Chris Taylor Day 2018

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Chris Taylor Day 2018

Postby BigGuy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:55 pm

We are pleased to announce our plans for remembering Chris in 2018, which will be our 3rd annual event and in what is our most ambitious event so far…

DejaVu will be running a coach to Mansfield Town’s last away game of the season at Yeovil on Saturday 28th April 2018, not only that but we will also be staying over for one night and returning on Sunday 29th April 2018 around mid-day.

We will be leaving Mansfield (pick up to be confirmed) at 7am on the Saturday, checking in our prestigious hotel in the centre of Yeovil and then heading to the game.

Revelers will then have all evening to party the night away or have an early night, and be up and ready for Breakfast and departure the following day around mid-day.

http://inancienttimes.co.uk/?p=459
BigGuy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Chris Taylor Day 2018

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:07 pm

very good, well done
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby BigGuy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:24 am

Superb response yesterday to this event, over 50% of places have now been sold.

A suggestion to get in quick before the bus and hotel is completely sold out, might be the order of the day.

Thanks to all who took the time to tackle me yesterday and pay deposits.
BigGuy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BigGuy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:27 pm

some more updates on this folks....

Just four Seats Remain for Yeovil Weekend

We have received an amazing response so far for our Chris Taylor 2018 event, with the news today that just four places remain from our initial allocation in our chosen hotel in Yeovil town centre.

There are plans should the demand require to open up further places, but it may arise that these spaces will be in a seperate hotel away from the main group.

http://inancienttimes.co.uk/?p=489

20 Year Special Edition On Way

We are pleased to announce that plans are at an early stage to produce a special 20 year anniversary edition of the fanzine, to be released in April 2018.

Our fanzine was first published in March 1998 for the Stags home game with Shrewsbury Town, and has so far spanned 18 issues to date.

After a 12 year absence since retiring as editor, Michael brought back the fanzine for what was planned as a truly one off edition following the sad passing of good friend and Stags legendary supporter Chris Taylor,

‘Issue 18’ was given away FREE for the Hartlepool away game on April 2nd 2016, it has since been available online for anyone to read.

Our new Special edition will once again be FREE to anyone joining us on the last away game of the season trip to Yeovil, where our holiday makers will be given a printed version, again in full colour.

http://inancienttimes.co.uk/?p=479
BigGuy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BigGuy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:16 pm

Me again folks, must say I am very humbled at the response that has come in for this event and have had to expand somewhat on our initial plans and open up more spaces.

We are now taking a 60 seater executive club class coach with us, but now have just a couple of places remaining for the accommodation on the Saturday night in Yeovil.

The hotel is close to the ground and just a 20 minute walk from the town centre, and we have exclusive use of the bar and beer garden prior to the game on arrival.

We have booked the entire hotel out for our stay which will prove very cosy.

it's going to be a hell of a trip to end the away travelling campaign.

http://inancienttimes.co.uk/?p=499
BigGuy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Chander Lear » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:28 am

Excellent stuff mike, looking forward to it
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:50 pm

Thanks Mr, I don't envy the person responsible for room allocation :lol: :lol:

I can confirm that this event is now SOLD OUT, I am truly speechless at the response and how quickly this has happened, great response for a true fan legend, he would be so proud, as am I.

Can safely say there will be around 50 going to Yeovil once the thread "whose going Yeovil?" is started.

http://inancienttimes.co.uk/?p=503
BigGuy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:21 am

Well done to all who've booked, I'm jealous as it should be good.
Last away game also means fancy dress doesn't it? Shirley with the feelgood factor of us already being promoted, the weather, us having condemmed the sheep to non league a few weeks before, etc, etc we'll all be getting our Amber mankinis out for it won't we eh! :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:29 am

The image of me in a mankini will haunt everyone who reads this, for many a year! :lol:
BigGuy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum