{ the forum }

Stagsnet wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Angol

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Angol

Postby ParisStag » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:26 pm

Jamie wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Jamie wrote:Not sure about MotM but he certainty put more of a shift in. Was a little lucky with his goal but they all count. Some decent play from him.

I thought his "ear cupping" gesture as he ran past the QLE was a bit out of order.

I'm a bit confused about why a player mildy reacting to abuse is out of order?

.....Ah, I get it now! I checked wuth the club, and they confirmed that each QLE ticket comes with a free match day hypocrisy voucher! :P

I get what you're saying Jamie, but fans should never dish out the medicine if they can't take a dose themselves

The problem is he's gesturing to 600+ odd people, most of which haven't given him much if any stick, or certainly nothing he would have heard. You can't just lump all fans in together.

By this argument, it's ok to abuse an entire race of people because one person of that race wronged you. Or treat all women a certain way because of what your ex did to you.

I've been a bit critical of him and if he joined this site and PMd me or came to speak to me then fine he can gloat that he scored and 'proved me wrong' if he wants... but to gesture like that to all fans including those who haven't had a word to say is surely a bit disrespectful.

If he'd been here months and got tones of stick from the QLE (as players have in the past) then fine, but second home game to do that after getting lucky with a poorly placed 1 on 1 that the keeper very nearly stopped, was a bit much for me and showed a lack of class.

Not a good example to set and not the way to win favour with your own fans.

How do you know he was directing it at all 600 fans? Did he say that afterwards? Maybe he was directing it at the people that have abused him. Maybe it was just a private joke with a mate sat in that stand. Maybe you shouldn't call him out of order when you don't know a thing about him or his actions.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:31 pm

ParisStag wrote:
Jamie wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Jamie wrote:Not sure about MotM but he certainty put more of a shift in. Was a little lucky with his goal but they all count. Some decent play from him.

I thought his "ear cupping" gesture as he ran past the QLE was a bit out of order.

I'm a bit confused about why a player mildy reacting to abuse is out of order?

.....Ah, I get it now! I checked wuth the club, and they confirmed that each QLE ticket comes with a free match day hypocrisy voucher! :P

I get what you're saying Jamie, but fans should never dish out the medicine if they can't take a dose themselves

The problem is he's gesturing to 600+ odd people, most of which haven't given him much if any stick, or certainly nothing he would have heard. You can't just lump all fans in together.

By this argument, it's ok to abuse an entire race of people because one person of that race wronged you. Or treat all women a certain way because of what your ex did to you.

I've been a bit critical of him and if he joined this site and PMd me or came to speak to me then fine he can gloat that he scored and 'proved me wrong' if he wants... but to gesture like that to all fans including those who haven't had a word to say is surely a bit disrespectful.

If he'd been here months and got tones of stick from the QLE (as players have in the past) then fine, but second home game to do that after getting lucky with a poorly placed 1 on 1 that the keeper very nearly stopped, was a bit much for me and showed a lack of class.

Not a good example to set and not the way to win favour with your own fans.

How do you know he was directing it at all 600 fans? Did he say that afterwards? Maybe he was directing it at the people that have abused him. Maybe it was just a private joke with a mate sat in that stand. Maybe you shouldn't call him out of order when you don't know a thing about him or his actions.

Rightyo...

By the same score you don't know anything either. You could be right, i could be. Either way his actions were poor in my view. If you dont like that i have a view or opinion then im afraid that just tough luck paris...

If it was to his mate, it was silly as it looked like a dig at fans. I would agree it probably was aimed that the few who have given him stick, but my point was it was rude towards everyone not just the few.

If you think mass stereotyping is ok, thats your problem. I don't like it.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:09 am

I just love a good old bit of perspective! ;)

Those fans in the QLE have doubtless heard the abuse he's received during games, so doubtless can relate to his gesture. Even if they don't agree they can surely understand his reaction?

I agree with Paris, he didn't personally meant it against every fan. Assuming he was 'abusing' a whole tier of fans is just daft - how 'abusive' is his gesture in the first place? Now compare that with how abusive the comments about him were...

Those 'terrace troglodytes' hurling the abuse will be the first to say 'I told you all he was amazing' if he hits 20 goals. All ego and no knowledge is a dangerous combo ;)

Either way, cupping your ear is hardly inciteful or hateful and considered a stoning offence. It's not as if he'd stated his piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah! :P
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:20 am

Following Jamie's logic, Angol is only allowed to gesture towards a stand if he is absolutely 100% sure that every last fan in it has been abusive towards him. Maybe it would help players target their gestures to the appropriate audience if the seating was segmented by which player you've slagged off recently, although some might have to split themselves 11 ways.
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:52 pm

This thread really is pathetic.

Has anyone actually considered the poor lad is hard of hearing and merely wanted to hear more noise from all parts of the ground given he'd just scored against the league champions elect.

Allegedly he doesn't try enough - gets slated
Allegedly isn't doing enough to score - gets slated
Scores two in two and celebrates - gets slated.

Give him a break and get behind him.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:04 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:This thread really is pathetic.

Has anyone actually considered the poor lad is hard of hearing and merely wanted to hear more noise from all parts of the ground given he'd just scored against the league champions elect.

Allegedly he doesn't try enough - gets slated
Allegedly isn't doing enough to score - gets slated
Scores two in two and celebrates - gets slated.

Give him a break and get behind him.

Welcome to stagsnet!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:26 pm

Marky Mark wrote:Following Jamie's logic, Angol is only allowed to gesture towards a stand if he is absolutely 100% sure that every last fan in it has been abusive towards him. Maybe it would help players target their gestures to the appropriate audience if the seating was segmented by which player you've slagged off recently, although some might have to split themselves 11 ways.

With just a bit of cash we could modify the ground, so that a spotlight freezes on where the abuser is and smoke pours out from under their seat.

That way any innocuous player reaction can be directed accordingly, thus protecting the delicate wallflowers sat adjacent ;)
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby bex » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:21 pm

Had a good game today,think we've found our penalty taker...gotta say ....that footballer is Coming out,hold up play and control is there now....good job im nay a manager :lol:
"Played a 1 2 with the 'keeper and got an easy slot in" Paul Anderson 12/08/2017
bex
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Jamie » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:46 pm

I thought he was pretty good today. Second half especially he linked up very well and looked a handful.

Not sure how i feel about how easy he goes down, but while he's getting away with it then fair enough. Just needs to try and avoid getting a reputation for it.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby skeglad » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:16 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:I just love a good old bit of perspective! ;)

Those fans in the QLE have doubtless heard the abuse he's received during games, so doubtless can relate to his gesture. Even if they don't agree they can surely understand his reaction?

I agree with Paris, he didn't personally meant it against every fan. Assuming he was 'abusing' a whole tier of fans is just daft - how 'abusive' is his gesture in the first place? Now compare that with how abusive the comments about him were...

Those 'terrace troglodytes' hurling the abuse will be the first to say 'I told you all he was amazing' if he hits 20 goals. All ego and no knowledge is a dangerous combo ;)

Either way, cupping your ear is hardly inciteful or hateful and considered a stoning offence. It's not as if he'd stated his piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah! :P

He said "Jehovah" stone him
There Their They're
skeglad
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:33 pm

Good game today. He has all the attributes to play at a higher level, just needs the mindset/confidence.

Irritates me how he looks at the defender while the balls in the air but a minor gripe.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:35 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Good game today. He has all the attributes to play at a higher level, just needs the mindset/confidence.

Irritates me how he looks at the defender while the balls in the air but a minor gripe.

He was much improved today and was certainly a handful for the Grimsby defence. I'd like to see Rose alongside him.
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby die hirsche » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:39 pm

Never competes for a ball in the air. tries to 'roll his man' every time.

he's a clever forward and his confidence is that what it should be.

No 1 penalty taker and the man that will be our top scorer this year.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Frontrowhero » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:41 pm

He was superb today, best game so far my mom
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:27 pm

I thought he was excellent today.

At first - after the forest green game I disappointed at his work rate and he had a bit of an off game, but I've come to like him, it's how he plays and he's a top player at this level.

Maybe he would be more complimented by Rose however, hemmings was a tired boy bu 60 minutes, I was surprised he didn't come on
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:42 pm

People were far too eager to make quick assumptions about Angol and many of these players. They've only been through the door two minutes. He looks a player to me; a right handful.

Mirfin is another that came in for quick fire criticism, within his first ninety minutes in our jersey, but he looks excellent to me from the little that I've seen of him.

We really do need to try and give players an opportunity before drawing immediate conclusions. If that's a 'happy clapper' way of thinking then clamp the irons on my wrists and brand my forehead with a smouldering smiley face.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby No Breaks Allowed » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:42 pm

Jamie wrote:I thought he was pretty good today. Second half especially he linked up very well and looked a handful.

Not sure how i feel about how easy he goes down, but while he's getting away with it then fair enough. Just needs to try and avoid getting a reputation for it.

Think he's a very clever player Jamie. From what I've seen upto yet and said to my mates, he knows how and when to go down to win a free kick. His ball control is excellent, if he gets nearer 20 goals this season, and continues that next season, could be onto a winner!
No Breaks Allowed
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby No Breaks Allowed » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:48 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:People were far too eager to make quick assumptions about Angol and many of these players. They've only been through the door two minutes. He looks a player to me; a right handful.

Mirfin is another that came in for quick fire criticism, within his first ninety minutes in our jersey, but he looks excellent to me from the little that I've seen of him.

We really do need to try and give players an opportunity before drawing immediate conclusions. If that's a 'happy clapper' way of thinking then clamp the irons on my wrists and brand my forehead with a smouldering smiley face.

Agree, Mirfin looked solid today. Thought Hunt had a good performance as well, first time seen him today and was impressed. Got to say, thought Logan improved today as well, yes, had that scare where ball went looping up and he flapped at it, but think sun had an effect. Need to back players, last 20 minutes today showed us what we could be like this season.
No Breaks Allowed
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby part time pete » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:00 pm

So Angol has 4 goals in 6 league games, keep going at that rate and it's 30 goals in season.
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:03 pm

Angol was superb today and against Luton. If he didn't get subbed against Luton we would have won. He is unplayable at times, and with Hemmings looks the real deal. Thought Hunt looked decent today too and Butcher will be great for us, but the guy that gets everyone going is Macdonald. When he gets fully fit we are going up this league.
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:09 pm

adamstag wrote:I thought he was excellent today.

At first - after the forest green game I disappointed at his work rate and he had a bit of an off game, but I've come to like him, it's how he plays and he's a top player at this level.

Maybe he would be more complimented by Rose however, hemmings was a tired boy bu 60 minutes, I was surprised he didn't come on

Last time we took off the two strikers at home, we surrendered a two goal lead. No way was SE going to make the same mistake today.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:01 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
adamstag wrote:I thought he was excellent today.

Last time we took off the two strikers at home, we surrendered a two goal lead. No way was SE going to make the same mistake today.

Never mentioned he would take off both.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:37 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:People were far too eager to make quick assumptions about Angol and many of these players. They've only been through the door two minutes. He looks a player to me; a right handful.

agree completely doomy, i don't think we've signed a bad player so far. hopefully everyone is going to have a kick in whether this season will be successful or not. there's going to be ups and downs, but some players are harshly criticised not even 10 games into the season - especially with logan who seems to be the new target when we lose
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby grufti » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:49 pm

No Breaks Allowed wrote:had that scare where ball went looping up and he flapped at it, but think sun had an effect

the sun was behind him
Up The Stags
grufti
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby m1cksut » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:26 am

grufti wrote:
No Breaks Allowed wrote:had that scare where ball went looping up and he flapped at it, but think sun had an effect

the sun was behind him

sneaky fella, johnny sun, can't trust him!
told you, what carolyn wants, carolyn gets.
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum