{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Angol

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Angol

Postby tmwilson » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:31 am

It's the way Angol plays . I saw him a few times at Lincoln and he was the same there . Chris Waddle always looks disinterested .
tmwilson
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:40 am

TBH I was getting more frustrated with Rose particularly staying down after a tackle and the game is still going on around him. Well taken goal and all that but needs to put a shift in regards pressing high. If I were Angol I think I'd being getting pee'd off with his antics.
pemill
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby WeDeserveMore » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:58 am

pemill wrote:TBH I was getting more frustrated with Rose particularly staying down after a tackle and the game is still going on around him. Well taken goal and all that but needs to put a shift in regards pressing high. If I were Angol I think I'd being getting pee'd off with his antics.

Omg.... two games is not enough to judge Angol.. this is true. But Rose literally ran himself into the ground, if every player had his work ethic, you may as well give us the title now!!

When other teams players go down to try and get the refs attention, everyone's like 'why don't Stags players wise up and do that' - well everyone who sat around me and who I've subsequently spoken to thought Rose was immense. Rose may be a bit peeved at Angols work-shy attitude - ever thought of that???
Champions!!!!!!!
WeDeserveMore
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:20 am

Players have different personas. No one was more laid back than Isyden Christie, but he became a fans favourite. We need to give Angol more time. Although he missed the one on one his persistence actual made the chance. Also he played a part in Rose's goal and would have scored the second goal if Anderson had squared it to him.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:28 am

Lee Angol wokshy ???

Both him and Rose do the most running in the team as part of SEs high pressing game.

Anyway looks like we may have a new boo boy.
MTFCMAD
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:23 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:Lee Angol wokshy ???

Both him and Rose do the most running in the team as part of SEs high pressing game.

Evans said we DIDN'T press enough first half... both Angol and Rose were to blame for that. Both did more running start of the 2nd half before being changed, but that was all...

To say Angol did the most running in the team yesterday is totally laughable. Guess you don't watch Digby, White, Mal etc who all put a full 90 min shift in at a high work rate.

Rose took his chance, broke the deadlock and now has 2 in 2 so is rightly praised...
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:34 pm

Jamie wrote:

Evans said we DIDN'T press enough first half... both Angol and Rose were to blame for that. Both did more running start of the 2nd half before being changed, but that was all...

To say Angol did the most running in the team yesterday is totally laughable. Guess you don't watch Digby, White, Mal etc who all put a full 90 min shift in at a high work rate.

Rose took his chance, broke the deadlock and now has 2 in 2 so is rightly praised...

What I'm getting at Jamie is that to say Angol is workshy is beyond stupid.

And btw I do watch the other players and I think Digbys going to be the dark horse of the signings this summer.
MTFCMAD
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby tibby » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:49 pm

Spot on about digby.

Raw talent, and a massive presence in there.

Big question marks against a few of the younger players and how they will handle Luton in a couple of weeks. I have a feeling however, that they will come through with flying colours

Coys
tibby
First Team
First Team

Postby Bradders » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:07 pm

I thought that Angol had a decent first half, ignoring the bad decision with the one-on-one. His first touch was excellent and he needed two defenders to tackle him or else he got through.

I was still a bit disappointed by half time because he hadn't really got shots away. But then the tactics didn't help, and I thought him no worse than Rose at that point.

He wasn't great by any stretch of the imagination but certainly not worth any abuse. Some players settle in to a team slightly slower than others, and I hope that Evans gives him a couple more matches to prove that he's just getting up to speed. You could see in the last few minutes how much we miss a centre forward with physical presence, and he certainly has that attribute. I'd like to see him stay a bit more central and feed off the great crosses and passes coming in from the wide players.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:36 pm

Our only player that is marked by 2 men. It's not as easy for Angol as people think. He got praised by Evans post game. He doesn't always have to be the one to score by giving space for others.
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:04 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Our only player that is marked by 2 men. It's not as easy for Angol as people think. He got praised by Evans post game. He doesn't always have to be the one to score by giving space for others.

Aye. Give the lad a chance.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:15 pm

That Harry Kane missed two 1 on 1s today, clearly not good enough, Spurs should get rid.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby stuhall1973 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:46 pm

Some people just have to moan, never good enough. Give the lad a chance, he's still learning his trade. He will come good, believe me.

He does not need his own fans on his back already.
stuhall1973
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Vice President » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:14 pm

I think we need to cut him some slack. I don't think his 1 on 1 miss was that bad - it was actually quite a good save. And his appearing to be disinterested is just his laid-back manner (not unlike Iyesden Christie!). If Evans thinks he isn't trying hard enough, then he won't pick him.
Angol might not be 'the answer' to our striker problems - but he may turn out to be quite good. We need to support him and give him a chance.
Vice President
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:26 pm

Vice President wrote:I think we need to cut him some slack. I don't think his 1 on 1 miss was that bad - it was actually quite a good save. And his appearing to be disinterested is just his laid-back manner (not unlike Iyesden Christie!). If Evans thinks he isn't trying hard enough, then he won't pick him.
Angol might not be 'the answer' to our striker problems - but he may turn out to be quite good. We need to support him and give him a chance.

No one ever praises the keeper. He stood firm to the one on one.
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Im not the real OND » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:11 pm

Jamie wrote:

I respectfully disagree. The strikers were the only ones closing down, its just that they were doing it on their own because the midfield were sat on the halfway line. The second half improved when midfield gave the strikers a dig out.
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Chadman » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:17 pm

There was a nasty virus kept quiet in the camp late last week and Angol was the worst affected but still played his heart out on Saturday. Fair play to the lad.
Chadman
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby tmwilson » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:32 pm

Chadman wrote:There was a nasty virus kept quiet in the camp late last week and Angol was the worst affected but still played his heart out on Saturday. Fair play to the lad.

This news might alter the doubters opinions , then again .
Fair play to the lad . In life , there are some folk who would turn up to work with a broken leg and there are others who would have a month off with a broken flask .
tmwilson
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amberheart » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:58 pm

Chadman wrote:There was a nasty virus kept quiet in the camp late last week and Angol was the worst affected but still played his heart out on Saturday. Fair play to the lad.

He played well under those circumstances, he's good lad
a stag is a proud & noble beast
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:27 pm

Lee angol is brilliant ,why are we even bothering with these people
spanishstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Jamie » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:09 pm

Im not the real OND wrote:
Jamie wrote:

I respectfully disagree. The strikers were the only ones closing down, its just that they were doing it on their own because the midfield were sat on the halfway line. The second half improved when midfield gave the strikers a dig out.

For large chunks of the first half FGR passed it comfortably around the back four and with there deep midfielder. We put very pressure on them so they continued to do it... Until Steve got us chasing them down second half and forcing them to play longer and make mistakes.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:41 pm

They were very boring the way they passed it sideways.We sat back and let them do it.It was obvious that they are not good enough to keep it up and eventually would lose the ball.which they did.Just count the number of times they put pressure on our defence and the number of saves our keeper had to make.Comfortable win in the end.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:03 pm

Jamie wrote:
Jamie wrote:

For large chunks of the first half FGR passed it comfortably around the back four and with there deep midfielder. We put very pressure on them so they continued to do it... Until Steve got us chasing them down second half and forcing them to play longer and make mistakes.

Was you fetching a pie when Angol hustled Collins into a mistake first half and the keeper saved his effort ?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:11 pm

:lol:Q block were singing Lee Angol Lee Angol Lee Angol piano song :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:17 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:
Jamie wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Was you fetching a pie when Angol hustled Collins into a mistake first half and the keeper saved his effort ?

I think Jamie watched the game with his eyes shut.
MTFCMAD
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum