{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Angol

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Angol

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:59 am

grufti wrote:
No Breaks Allowed wrote:had that scare where ball went looping up and he flapped at it, but think sun had an effect

the sun was behind him

I fail to understand the criticism. The ball looped up dangerously and needed saving. He saved it.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:04 am

grufti wrote:
No Breaks Allowed wrote:had that scare where ball went looping up and he flapped at it, but think sun had an effect

the sun was behind him

Must have been the shadow then
daddycool
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:13 am

I think Hemmings was left on to try and get a goal and build his confidence. Wouldn't agree about Angols touch being excellent, it needs work if he's not going to compete for most headers, but I'm sure it will improve as the season goes on.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:45 am

You will not find many strikers at this level with a brilliant first touch ,normally the ball is coming from 70yds away at some speed or from a great height whilst you are being man handled by some man mountain.Angol certainly had a decent touch ,has some strength holding the ball up but could do with getting of the ground a bit more.
My impressions after a few games he is a good signing and is improving every game.
daddycool
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:56 am

I thought he had a fine game. Excellent touch, controlling some long balls very well. He did well when holding it up, made positive runs, linked up well with Mellis and Hemmings and he actually knows how to take a penalty. I had him just behind Pearce for Mom.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:10 am

daddycool wrote:
grufti wrote:

the sun was behind him

Must have been the shadow then

The sun sets behind the west stand... note the big shadow down the west stand side of the pitch.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:35 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
grufti wrote:

the sun was behind him

I fail to understand the criticism. The ball looped up dangerously and needed saving. He saved it.

This.

We've seen a few of those loop in over Stags keepers over the years. He dealt with it.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:40 pm

It was an awkward ball that initially appeared to be going over then it just dropped closer and closer to the goal. It hung in the air. He dealt with it. Granted it wasn't gracefully dealt with but it initially didn't look like it needed to be dealt with in the first place.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:13 pm

Lee Angol has played well in his last three games. He looks a real handful to play against. He also looks like he is starting to form a good partnership with Kane Hemmings.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:24 pm

There was signs of a good understanding forming between Angol & Hemmings.
There was a couple of times yesterday where I thought Angol could have played Hemmings in rather than take it himself, also Hemmings did a few neat touches which in time Angol will read.
Quality penalties.
Last edited by pemill on Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pemill
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:25 pm

grimsby fans saying that what angol did when he scored should've been reported to the FA and he should've been booked for inciting their fans

:lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:45 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:grimsby fans saying that what angol did when he scored should've been reported to the FA and he should've been booked for inciting their fans

Oooh the hypocrisy.
Clements didn't stand in front of us pointing to the name on his shirt when he scored last season, it bloody incited me :lol:
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:48 pm

Really don't like grimsby for some reason, or rather their fans
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:17 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:grimsby fans saying that what angol did when he scored should've been reported to the FA and he should've been booked for inciting their fans

Because their behaviour was beyond reproach. Why do fans think they can scream all manner of offensive comment yet get all puritanical when they get a wee bit back ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:27 pm

In some cases like the luton game, i think their antics were very OTT. Ok they scored 2 goals in the last 5 minutes, but people would've thought they've won the champions league final with the way they are acting, goading fans etc. I'm all for banter with players but sometimes they take it too far. Fans think they can scream at players and staff for 90 minutes and not have any retaliation... if you give it, got to learn to take it sometimes no matter how hard it is to swallow!

I'm sure it will be fiery with ainsworth back at the wonk on tuesday
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum