{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Angol

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Angol

Postby bex » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:07 pm

Cant really understand this guy,got the pace,strength and all but no real end product
I'll admit he's winding me up early doors,please do summat to prove my doubts!
"Played a 1 2 with the 'keeper and got an easy slot in" Paul Anderson 12/08/2017
bex
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Angol

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:10 pm

2 league games in and youre on it already.

Leave him be im sure he knows hes had a bad game and in all honesty i thought he had a fair game at crewe.

I think he'll end up with 15 ish goals this season.
MTFCMAD
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:20 pm

What a stupid post . Two games in fgs.
Some of the strikers our fans wanted haven't scored yet either .
tmwilson
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bex » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:24 pm

He had a shot at Crewe off target and turned away as if he dint give a $h1t,first impressions last and I've watched him pre season and at Crewe and again today,dont get me wrong,id love him to put a shift in,score a goal,interact with the fans
"Played a 1 2 with the 'keeper and got an easy slot in" Paul Anderson 12/08/2017
bex
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:28 pm

I didn't see this languid disappointment that others are talking about. Sure, he should have scored and settled the early nerves, but he got himself around a bit and showed a physical side. He's no Matt Green when it comes to work rate but he looks okay, and its very much early doors. He certainly hasn't warranted any flack yet.

Same with Spencer; I've heard nowt but moaning about him in pre-season but his movement was excellent, he won almost everything and took his disallowed goal very well (he can be disappointed with that by the way). I think that we have a number of fans who need, no wait, they absolutely crave, a fall guy to be the target for their wrath.

Folks, it's early August, how about getting to know these new lads and actually support them. I know, weird, hey?
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:34 pm

I was impressed with Diamond today didn't miss anything.I hope he's ok for the next game as he was limping towards the end of the game.Angolshould have taken the ball round the keeper and he knows it.We have the best squad we have ever had.Everyone will get an opportunity this season they will have to be patient.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:37 pm

You're right Geoff. What we have is 22 first team players who will all play a role in the season. There's no passengers, and that has probably never happened before. Let's enjoy that.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmad » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:43 pm

If Angol doesn't want to play for us then get rid cos that performance today was shocking,if a player doesn't want slating after only two games then at least look as if he's disappointed with hisself,he didn't care a toss
stagmad
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby tibby » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:58 pm

He simply comes across as laid back to me, not sure about not giving a toss. That would be quite an accusation after essentially 1.5 competitive games that he has been involved in
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stagmad » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:03 pm

Look at the players around him they all trying to cement that starting place ,even if they not having best of games at least there trying that's what does me head in because Angol has got talent
stagmad
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:06 pm

Really some people need to get a grip, get behind the lad and support him.

He said himself he sets monthly targets to know how he's doing, he knows what he needs to do so lets give him a chance rather than write him off after 2 games.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sheffieldstag » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:13 pm

To be fair, first half neither him or Rose impressed. It was only in the second half after the goal that Angol started to look better, then he was subbed. He has attributes to be a top player for us, he's still young and fans need to stick with him!

On Tuesday night I heard moaning and groaning about Spencer, Frank Spencer they called him. He want bad Tuesday but he was much better today.

As has been said, fans need to give players a chance. At a new club with a new squad players sometimes take time to bed in and gel. Patience is required!
Sheffieldstag
First Team
First Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:17 pm

A nice comfortable and convincing win.
Building solid foundations with a very strong squad of first teamers.
Second after week 1.
Looking like a promising season.....

...let's seek out individuals and turn our backs on the positives. Someone's gotta suffer.
Pathetic.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:21 pm

To say he wasn't bothered is just some blinkered fan not having an intelligent view of football.

Angol ripped his tape off his arm in frustration when he was subbed off. Everything he tried today just didn't quite come off and it wasn't his day and was clearly frustrated by this.

Ps how can someone tell by a look on there face that he wasn't bothered that he missed a shot at Crewe.

Grow up fgs and encourage the player.
MTFCMAD
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:23 pm

Lobotomised comment of the day:

First half.
Packed goalmouth.
Ball falls to Lee Angol.
Angol facing away from goal.
An angle of 180°.
Looking for the right touch or pass.
Cry from the Idiotic Upper:
"raspberrying' SHOOT!!!"
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:36 pm

I started a new job the other day, had to also relocate as it was in a completely different part of the country. Sad thing is after a week of being there some people had already start to write me off.

It can take upto 6 months to settle into a new job for most people, im not saying Angol needs 6 months but to question him after 2 games is completely unjust and unfair.

Get behind the lad as he has potential to have a great career with us.

:coys:
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:55 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:I started a new job the other day, had to also relocate as it was in a completely different part of the country. Sad thing is after a week of being there some people had already start to write me off.

It can take upto 6 months to settle into a new job for most people, im not saying Angol needs 6 months but to question him after 2 games is completely unjust and unfair.

Good post. We don't always realise professional footballer's have day to day pressures in their lives, just like the rest of us.

I hope things start to improve for you in your new job and that your work mates start to see your true worth.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bex » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:06 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:To say he wasn't bothered is just some blinkered fan not having an intelligent view of football.

Angol ripped his tape off his arm in frustration when he was subbed off. Everything he tried today just didn't quite come off and it wasn't his day and was clearly frustrated by this.

Ps how can someone tell by a look on there face that he wasn't bothered that he missed a shot at Crewe.

Grow up fgs and encourage the player.

Wow that must mean he's a trier then not just an up himself player thinking he's a god given right to command a starting slot

..and if ya first sentence refers to me,soz Einstein...my view is different to yours x ;)
bex
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:14 pm

were going to get this all season.... support them and they might actually do something this year
Sedgwick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bex » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:17 pm

Agreed and end of the day we all like to see our team doing well ,today was a good day(2nd half)
bex
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:22 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:I started a new job the other day, had to also relocate as it was in a completely different part of the country. Sad thing is after a week of being there some people had already start to write me off.

Good post. We don't always realise professional footballer's have day to day pressures in their lives, just like the rest of us.

I hope things start to improve for you in your new job and that your work mates start to see your true worth.

Thanks Andy and appreciate the sentiment, however i can happily confirm the scenario doesn't directly apply to myself. Im just trying to put a different spin on recent changes Lee will have experienced and glad that came across by the way you replied.

Yes he's a professional football but he's still only human and may require longer to settle before ultimately delivering. I just think 2 games is far to quick for people to be questioning him.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:31 pm

He may have been one of the players suffering from a virus. Get off the guys back. He wasn't great today but it's still early days.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:35 pm

bex wrote:Cant really understand this guy,got the pace,strength and all but no real end product
I'll admit he's winding me up early doors,please do summat to prove my doubts!

No real end product.....Mmmm after 2 games!!! Just shows how good our prospects are now that players have to justify themselves after the incredibly huge amount of 2 games lmfao
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:01 pm

Tbf, Angol has only scored 4 or 5 pre season, so I can understand why fans think he doesn't care
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby stace1983 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:46 am

I think the main gripe with Angol is the lad looks like he's got bags of talent but cos of his laid back persona, it's easy to jump on the "he needs to work harder" bandwagon. He'll be fine & once he gets his first goal, he'll be flying.
stace1983
Youth Team
Youth Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum