{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Evans Interview

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Evans Interview

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:24 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:The thought of two fall over con merchants Hylton and Roberts joining our club, leaves me cold. Please don't let it happen.

If Hylton and Roberts joined our club you could pencil in the promotion party. Hylton scores goals, fact - and Roberts whilst maybe not being fit enough for 90 it may seem, he'd be very good to unlock a defence with 20/30 minutes to go if we are on top.

Granted they're players that haven't been liked in the past but does it really matter? We didn't like Evans before he came. All I care about is getting promotion so I'd be happy with both. That said, there's no chance Luton will sell Hylton to us.
If that happened and those two played a large part in us going up, I would welcome the promotion, but would feel less proud in our achievement.

Why less proud. Why do people get over obsessed about players who slightly con the referees? Stant did it plus loads of others we love. Get over it!!! I would take Roberts and Hylton in a heartbeat and would feel no less guilty or proud for doing so if we achieve promotion.

Agree. Dont really care if theyve bought a penalty before.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Waggy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:45 pm

If they come here, they'll soon stop diving around when they realise that Mansfield don't get penalties and if we do, we'll only miss them lol
And I don't feel any sorrow
Towards the kings and queens of the butterfly collectors
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:54 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:The thought of two fall over con merchants Hylton and Roberts joining our club, leaves me cold. Please don't let it happen.

If Hylton and Roberts joined our club you could pencil in the promotion party. Hylton scores goals, fact - and Roberts whilst maybe not being fit enough for 90 it may seem, he'd be very good to unlock a defence with 20/30 minutes to go if we are on top.

Granted they're players that haven't been liked in the past but does it really matter? We didn't like Evans before he came. All I care about is getting promotion so I'd be happy with both. That said, there's no chance Luton will sell Hylton to us.
If that happened and those two played a large part in us going up, I would welcome the promotion, but would feel less proud in our achievement.

Why less proud. Why do people get over obsessed about players who slightly con the referees? Stant did it plus loads of others we love. Get over it!!! I would take Roberts and Hylton in a heartbeat and would feel no less guilty or proud for doing so if we achieve promotion.

Lots of reasons but here are two. It would feel like passing an exam after someone had given me 30% of the answers. I would find it difficult to heap praise on a player(s) who I don't particularly like because he try's to con the referee. ( I know all players do to some extent, but these two in my opinion do it a lot more).
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dp1976 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:54 pm

I get the thing with Roberts and he is a grade A tool but i am sure we have all accused our manager of that in the past but to say we don't want either of them here is ridiculous, Hylton would get us into the top 3
Dp1976
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby one f in mansfield » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:58 pm

Danny Rose is the current crowd favorite but he goes down faster than Essex blonde.
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:58 pm

Gary Roberts has won promotion from League 2 with Chesterfield and Portsmouth. Why would you not sign him if he was available for reasonable wages? It's a different matter if his agent wants silly money.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:06 pm

one f in mansfield wrote:

Danny Rose is the current crowd favorite but he goes down faster than Essex blonde.

It's just my opinion. There are certain players that I wouldn't like to see in Stags colours. Two from the recent past who were linked with us were Lee Hughes and Brodie. Yes, I won't promotion but there are certain players who I would rather not be linked with us if and when we achieve it.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:14 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

Lots of reasons but here are two. It would feel like passing an exam after someone had given me 30% of the answers. I would find it difficult to heap praise on a player(s) who I don't particularly like because he try's to con the referee. ( I know all players do to some extent, but these two in my opinion do it a lot more).

I do get what you're saying Andy, but 90% of players con referees inside or outside the box, sadly it's part of sport to try and gain an advantage but I will still be proud of us if we go up mate and I hope you will too in time.
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:25 pm

Hopefully we will go up cassellswasmagic. Wouldn't it be great if we went up after signing a forward in the style of your namesake. I can't remember him trying to con referees.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:19 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Hopefully we will go up cassellswasmagic. Wouldn't it be great if we went up after signing a forward in the style of your namesake. I can't remember him trying to con referees.

Now that I wholly agree with Andy, I absolutely loved KC a real all or nothing striker.
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkstag » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:20 pm

How can you link Roberts with Hughes - I'm going to have a drink
yorkstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:27 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Hopefully we will go up cassellswasmagic. Wouldn't it be great if we went up after signing a forward in the style of your namesake. I can't remember him trying to con referees.

Now that I wholly agree with Andy, I absolutely loved KC a real all or nothing striker.

We had others to who were successful but didn't spend time trying to con the referee. Players like Dudley Roberts, Syrett, Greenacre, Wilkinson, Barker and Green. But Keith was the best in my opinion.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:30 pm

yorkstag wrote:How can you link Roberts with Hughes - I'm going to have a drink

Perhaps you didn't read the whole post Yorkstag. But the link is simple. Players who I would rather not see in a Stags shirt. I'm sure you have some too.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:33 pm

Was thinking the same, Danny the Diver unashamedly cons referees, yet gets more than his fair share of man love on here.

When they are involved for another club we hate pantomime villains and characters such as Roberts and Evans. When they are own, we love them, as long as they are doing the business.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:04 pm

Terry Eccles Was God wrote:

Was thinking the same, Danny the Diver unashamedly cons referees, yet gets more than his fair share of man love on here.

When they are involved for another club we hate pantomime villains and characters such as Roberts and Evans. When they are own, we love them, as long as they are doing the business.

Not all of us mate. But I don't mind being the exception.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:07 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

We had others to who were successful but didn't spend time trying to con the referee. Players like Dudley Roberts, Syrett, Greenacre, Wilkinson, Barker and Green. But Keith was the best in my opinion.

Greenacre was a nice gent too, but purely because my first real memories of watching the stags as a 9 year old, and the fact it coincides with Cassells first season here really. I will never forget his goal against Chester (1st leg), his header versus Wolves (won 3-1 I think) and his run your legs into the ground performance at Wembley amongst a hundred others. I do love Stanty after that but he was more roguish lol, then Green, Greenacre & Barker in that order. Fun times!!!
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:26 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

You must be exceptional then, though I don't recall you complaining about Danny's diving.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:39 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

You must be exceptional then, though I don't recall you complaining about Danny's diving.
Its totally on a different level. As witnessed in the last home game with Luton and also on tv.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:48 pm

Reference to earlier posts yes I did read the post and repeat how can you link Hughes and Roberts, I can understand the Hughes bit but please explain why you would not want to see Roberts in a Stags shirt ( you imply non playing considerations) and how the two compare. In my view Roberts would be a massive signing if fit - I will leave that to SE
yorkstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:52 pm

TBH Andy, I put up with it, though dislike it. I will be delighted if refs stamp it out, will be interesting to see what happens with the changes this season
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:02 pm

yorkstag wrote:Reference to earlier posts yes I did read the post and repeat how can you link Hughes and Roberts, I can understand the Hughes bit but please explain why you would not want to see Roberts in a Stags shirt ( you imply non playing considerations) and how the two compare. In my view Roberts would be a massive signing if fit - I will leave that to SE

First of all I think we have better players than him already McDonald, Potter. I also don't like his style, he is always looking for the penalty, and tends to hog the ball.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:13 pm

I have a mate who's a Spurs season ticket holder and hated Harry Redknapp, despite his success. In the Prem you have the luxury of being able to take that stance, but we need success more and have to be more tolerant with who is at our club. To be honest, I'm not keen on Evans, but I will support him because he's our best chance of getting up the leagues. Same if we signed someone like Hylton.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:24 pm

Evans was disliked by many but i have warmed to him.He is very charismatic and certainly knows football.He will get us up I feel certain.Not sure about our current strikers though.We need an Akinde type player.He can take penalties too.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:33 pm

Hylton and Naismith stood out a mile at the mill , they frightened us every time they got the ball. Any player who has that impact on a game would soon be supported by any fan regardless of reputation.
CassellsCap
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:38 pm

Interesting that everybody was happy about signing Tom Hopper who participated in a racist sex video but object to Gary Roberts and Danny Hylton for diving or being cheats. I also do not understand how you can compare them with Lee Hughes who was jailed for six years for causing death by dangerous driving. As far as I am aware, neither of them have criminal records.

We also currently have a manager who received a 12 month sentence for tax fraud but the majority of Stags fans are happy with him being our manager (including me) because he does seem to be good at his job.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum