{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

FGR scorefred sponsored by Master Class Performance

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: FGR scorefred sponsored by Master Class Performance

Postby West Ham 1969 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:47 pm

I also thought it was great to see us in a position whereby we can replace two strikers with two strikers and keep up the pressure.... very positive feel coming home tonight :)
West Ham 1969
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:48 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:A very encouraging performance. Loads of tempo, tons of hard work, movement and imagination. I think it was a nice, easy win against a side that will probably sneak in to a top half finish.

Can't really point the finger at any poor displays but a special mention for Anderson, who was instrumental and gave every last drop for those bags of coal. I was very pleased walking out at the end, knowing that this team is clearly a much much better one than the one which ended last season; with so much quality cover - proven by all the subs, who each were excellent.

One grumble. Those that want to come, sit back and grumble when we aren't two up after ten minutes, please find another hobby; one miles away from Field Mill. I was sick to death of the moans in that first half. A guy in the toilets at 3:20 was countering "£24 for this rubbish". So naturally I answered: "don't come then pal, stay at home, this is division 4".

Our club and staff are doing everything possible to make the dream happen. The naysayers (and there's far too many of them) will do their level to make it a difficult road. They can piss off and stay away for all I care, cos I enjoyed my afternoon and I'm not keen on having it ruined by longfaced bores who want to sit back and demand ninety minutes of Premier League quality success. Not as if they contribute towards an atmosphere.
WELL SAID DOOMERS!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:49 pm

i especially liked FGR's assistant moaning about time wasting in the second half, he soon shut up! Glad the ref booked the keeper because we've had countless games like that where keepers take 30+ seconds to take goal kicks and they never get booked. Thought noble was destined to be sent off as usual but sadly it wasn't to be
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Calstag » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:53 pm

Much better 2nd half, I'd start sterling james over angol, looks a lot more hungrier and makes things happen, overall a good 3 points but frustrating it took 45mins to get going
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:54 pm

:)
Anderson was huge today and was MOM , Quailty comes to mind as well

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:01 pm

Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)
Son Of Sherwood
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:08 pm

Last edited by Son Of Sherwood on Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)
Son Of Sherwood
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby stags4eva » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:14 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:A very encouraging performance. Loads of tempo, tons of hard work, movement and imagination. I think it was a nice, easy win against a side that will probably sneak in to a top half finish.

Can't really point the finger at any poor displays but a special mention for Anderson, who was instrumental and gave every last drop for those bags of coal. I was very pleased walking out at the end, knowing that this team is clearly a much much better one than the one which ended last season; with so much quality cover - proven by all the subs, who each were excellent.

One grumble. Those that want to come, sit back and grumble when we aren't two up after ten minutes, please find another hobby; one miles away from Field Mill. I was sick to death of the moans in that first half. A guy in the toilets at 3:20 was countering "£24 for this rubbish". So naturally I answered: "don't come then pal, stay at home, this is division 4".

Our club and staff are doing everything possible to make the dream happen. The naysayers (and there's far too many of them) will do their level to make it a difficult road. They can piss off and stay away for all I care, cos I enjoyed my afternoon and I'm not keen on having it ruined by longfaced bores who want to sit back and demand ninety minutes of Premier League quality success. Not as if they contribute towards an atmosphere.
WELL SAID DOOMERS!

Bloke next to me only ever says anything when we aren't winning!

After 4 minutes he said 'that Angol isn't a striker' :lol:
stags4eva
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:20 pm

haters always gotta hate that's life

we won get in second in league

for me, all is well in the world
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:21 pm

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Frontrowhero » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:32 pm

The first half had a feel of last season. I think as fans we need to be more vocal, get us going from the start if we get an early goal I can see us taking sides apart at home
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:46 pm

Son Of Sherwood wrote:

Surely that is his first shot that the goalie saved, he scored from the rebound.
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:55 pm

Unbeaten in the league and second in the table.

Not a murmur from Norman - is his Internet down???
I am Spartacus
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:17 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:37 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::)

What buzz? Very quiet imo.
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:12 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:

I think it must have been an agitated wasp.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:21 am

[b]

Probably the same guy sat behind me, what an utter turd e was. Every time FGR were passing the ball from side to side going nowhere he'd say 'they're giving us a football lesson here'. Everytime we played the ball back to Logan he'd say 'SHOOT'!!
Everytime we misplaced a pass 'Bloody rubbish Evans'

In the end I had to turn round and give him a piece of my mind and a minute later Rosey scored.
First home League game you need everyone on board, not utter tools trying to spread their cancerous negative remarks. I truly believe this chap wouldv'e been happier if FGR had won.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:31 am

yorkshire stag wrote:haters always gotta hate that's life

we won get in second in league

for me, all is well in the world

Unfortunately we seem to have an overgenerous compliment of these 'gene pool runners up'.

These whingers are all massively skilled footballers though - able to trap balls in one slide of a fly zip.

This team will only get better, imo
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:47 am

I was furious with some of our fans yesterday.

In the first half I heard "same raspberry as last season" and "how are we favourites"

What we need to realize is that yes we are favourites but that does not mean we are going to just turn up and win 4-0 every week. In fact other teams we'll see that we are favourites and therefore set up up to frustrate us like yesterday, by keeping the ball around the defence, by fouling us every time we get a bit of momentum. We need to earn the right to play we have to mix it up with these teams and hope that our quality shines through and we get a goal, when that happens we then can open them up more as they have to get out of their comfort zone as showed yesterday.

As fans we need to stick with the team when the opposition are trying to frustrate us because we saw yesterday when we get that first goal we look brilliant going forward.

Just another note about Lee Angol, he was getting raspberries off fans near me every time he touched it yesterday, yes he didn't have a great game but they were just waiting for him to do something wrong, at the end of the day we NEED a confident Lee Angol we have 4 strikers at the club at the moment and only 3 of them look capabale of getting goals in my opinion, he obviously has ability so get behind him, his goals will come.
lifestags
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:48 am

part time pete wrote:
Son Of Sherwood wrote:

Surely that is his first shot that the goalie saved, he scored from the rebound.

You have just taken pedantic to level 11...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:13 am

Great to get 3 points but still work in progress re the team gelling and playing with the high tempo SE refers to. Against a better team we could have been punished in the first half for the lack lustre first half performance, I make that 3 in 3 games, certainly 2 in 2 in the league.

I think the ultimate combination of players has yet to be found.
pemill
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amberheart » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:37 pm

A good win & everyone went home happy , what more is there
a stag is a proud & noble beast
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:05 pm

[bbc-radio]ķ[/bbc-radio]
Sneag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

I think it must have been an agitated wasp.

JR looking into quieter rota blades :lol:
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:31 pm

:) Hayden White White White :D
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:10 am

Captain Cunno wrote:
part time pete wrote:
Son Of Sherwood wrote:

You have just taken pedantic to level 11...

Only eleven ;) ;)
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum