{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stone Island

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Stone Island

Postby Frontrowhero » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:52 am

Took the lads to 20 20 Notts v Birmingham last night. What a great day out, you can take your beer and food to your seats, dress as a banana, men dressed up as women and the stewards are in complete contrast to our lot, friendly, dancing around when Notts hit a six. Can you imagine ours celebrating a stags goal and to cap it off I saw someone wearing a stone island top!
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:50 am

Well today I'm going to wear my new stone Island TShirt purchased off Ebay the fake site for a total sum of £12 reduced from £70 bargain. Lol
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:25 am

SINA STAG wrote:Well today I'm going to wear my new stone Island TShirt purchased off Ebay the fake site for a total sum of £12 reduced from £70 bargain. Lol

Wear something underneath just in case :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:29 am

Rob wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:Well today I'm going to wear my new stone Island TShirt purchased off Ebay the fake site for a total sum of £12 reduced from £70 bargain. Lol

Wear something underneath just in case :lol:

Eh this body is a temple (Shirley Temple) :lol:
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:41 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Jamie wrote:Yeah you offen see the fans kicking off at the cricket and tennis. Come on lads, give ya heads a shake.

There's always fights at the T20. I was at surry vs kent at the oval and dozens of people were thrown out for fighting.

Well that'll be down to the fact they've drunk a gallon of ale during the game.
Why I don't know? I struggle to comprehend why folk pay to watch cricket and then spend most of the time smashed out of their head.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:51 am

Can we all expect a stone island wearing Shirley Temple lookalike causing trouble?, I'd love to see that :lol:
BoughtonStag71
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Jamie » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:12 am

Spiritater wrote:
Jamie wrote:Yeah you offen see the fans kicking off at the cricket and tennis. Come on lads, give ya heads a shake.

There's always fights at the T20. I was at surry vs kent at the oval and dozens of people were thrown out for fighting.

Why I don't know? I struggle to comprehend why folk pay to watch cricket and then spend most of the time smashed out of their head.

You could say the same about football fans. I've never understood why so many feel the need to have a belly full before a game. A few social pints i get but some take it way to far and surely can't watch or follow the game properly.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:02 pm

BoughtonStag71 wrote:Can we all expect a stone island wearing Shirley Temple lookalike causing trouble?, I'd love to see that :lol:

You've just got Kinky tastes but for a small amount of cash anything is possible to give you nightmares. ... :lol:
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:11 pm

Spiritater wrote:

You HAVE to be smashed to watch that shiite :lol: :lol: (sorry Martin)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:22 pm

You've just got Kinky tastes but for a small amount of cash anything is possible to give you nightmares. ... :lol:

I see this as an early end of season away day fancy dress contender...

Says he who regularly attends Notts Forest and Nottingham County!!! To be fair T20 is shiite. It's not cricket. As for games at Surrey how embarrassing to see grown men, bankers no less, getting bevvied up and making fools of themselves! The 'women' aren't exactly much better
@beckenham_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:25 pm

Johnny Rotten wrote:

I see this as an early end of season away day fancy dress contender...

Says he who regularly attends Notts Forest and Nottingham County!!! To be fair T20 is shiite. It's not cricket. As for games at Surrey how embarrassing to see grown men, bankers no less, getting bevvied up and making fools of themselves! The 'women' aren't exactly much better

I get paid very well to go to them!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:44 pm

Martin and I both have ECB accreditation and can walk into any domestic game anywhere FOC. We may not be paid but at least we get that in return (and at the likes of international grounds get well catered for)
@beckenham_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:18 pm

Johnny Rotten wrote:

Martin and I both have ECB accreditation and can walk into any domestic game anywhere FOC. We may not be paid but at least we get that in return (and at the likes of international grounds get well catered for)

You have my deepest sympathy ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:33 pm

Wow what a bizarre comment. Always fights, really? The wife and I have missed very few games at Trent Bridge in the last 5 years and attended Finals Day at Edgbaston last year and have never seen anybody arguing let alone throwing punches at one another.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:59 pm

Grendon Stag wrote:

Wow what a bizarre comment. Always fights, really? The wife and I have missed very few games at Trent Bridge in the last 5 years and attended Finals Day at Edgbaston last year and have never seen anybody arguing let alone throwing punches at one another.

indeed Grendon. I have barely missed a Kent T20 game in the past five years (apart from yesterday), and have seen at least 80% of them since T20 started in 2003, and I have never seen any fight of any description. Including at the game Arsene talks about at the Oval this season. However as there were 23,000 people there, I can't say it didn't happen.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Chander Lear » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:14 am

Jamie wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

You could say the same about football fans. I've never understood why so many feel the need to have a belly full before a game. A few social pints i get but some take it way to far and surely can't watch or follow the game properly.

Until you have travel abroad watching england with the Barmy army t'ator you'll never understand why.

And Jamie, saturday is not just about the football. Football is just part of the day. For me its about meeting my mates and having a few beers. If my mates wernt there, I doubt the football would be.
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:25 am

Well then I'll never know Jas.... oops sorry :oops: will I as it's something I have little interest in.
Just as an aside are there 'safe' areas where folk can sit with kids etc and not get sprayed with ale everytime someone whacks a 4. Or out of earshot of the more bawdy talk if someone drops a catch. I'd imagine it'd be pretty unnerving for a family having 10-15 'mates' in a group at the back of them unable to control themselves.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:37 am

Spiritater wrote:Well then I'll never know Jas.... oops sorry :oops: will I as it's something I have little interest in.
Just as an aside are there 'safe' areas where folk can sit with kids etc and not get sprayed with ale everytime someone whacks a 4. Or out of earshot of the more bawdy talk if someone drops a catch. I'd imagine it'd be pretty unnerving for a family having 10-15 'mates' in a group at the back of them unable to control themselves.

Cricket grounds have alcohol free areas. Like you Spiro, I do not understand the desperation to get smashed before a football match, I've never done it and it would truly spoil the game for me - cricket is slightly different as it takes all day and you can hear the volume increase as the day wears on. Completely disagree with JR about T20, it is saving cricket and is fantastic entertainment and has had the knock on that test and 50 over cricket has become much more entertaining. A T20 at Notts is a great night out, especially as they are smashing everyone at the moment. I've never seen any trouble at any cricket match other than the odd drunken fool being spoken to mostly for his own safety! I'm off to the day nighter test match later this week, should be a good experience and is probably the future, especially for games which may not sell out like the WI series. Cricket is great, some of you need to get with it :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:00 pm

In terms of excitement Cricket is just a minor upgrade from Fishing.

I can watch for free from work as my office overlooks Trent Bridge and even then I don't bother as I don't want to get caught sleeping at work!
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BigGuy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:59 am

Now you know what we feel like when we read one of your posts.
BigGuy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:41 pm

Thanks for the constructive feedback Big Guy
Last edited by Terry Eccles Was God on Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:04 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:

indeed Grendon. I have barely missed a Kent T20 game in the past five years (apart from yesterday), and have seen at least 80% of them since T20 started in 2003, and I have never seen any fight of any description. Including at the game Arsene talks about at the Oval this season. However as there were 23,000 people there, I can't say it didn't happen.

It did happen. It was a Friday night game full of lads in their 20s, large groups, stag dos etc. I was sat in block 18 of the OCS stand. I was shocked because like it was said, it was blue collar workers.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Rightback » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:51 pm

Whoops you bit and typed Big Gay - hilarious!
Rightback
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:17 pm

Rightback wrote:Whoops you bit and typed Big Gay - hilarious!

Lol, must have been a Freudian slip, edited
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Foxy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:45 pm

BigGuy wrote:Now you know what we feel like when we read one of your posts.

:lol:

Boom! Well played BG
Foxy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum