{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stone Island

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Stone Island

Postby Foxy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:25 pm

i got stoned in Ireland once
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:29 pm

Cool story bro
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:44 pm

Sorry but i'm not having it that anyone goes to watch football in Stone Island gear unless they want to either be involved in hooliganism or be a fanboy for those that are involved.

The stone island label has become a symbol for that kind of group
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:46 pm

This is hilarious, I'm not a big Facebook user (I last logged on about 3 months ago) but sometimes you get to have such a laugh at the sort of stories put out there. I particularly like the innocent indignation coupled with the lack of information about which article of clothing was removed :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:52 pm

:lol: we give in :lol: put your clothes back on :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:57 pm

still dont believe this happened and if it ever did the club could be sued as they would have to clearly state on purchase of tickets the acceptable dress code.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Keep it Simple » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:06 pm

Rob wrote:This is hilarious, I'm not a big Facebook user (I last logged on about 3 months ago) but sometimes you get to have such a laugh at the sort of stories put out there. I particularly like the innocent indignation coupled with the lack of information about which article of clothing was removed :lol:

Dead right Rob, in actual fact it would make a truly wonderful April Fools Day story.
I can't believe people really believe this raspberry :lol

I'm just imagining mountains of clothes inside the turnstiles; piles of baseball caps, and those daft 'Chemical Warfare' jackets with the goggles, now they are funny, all ready to be collected at the end as their owners shiver through a brisk Nov afternoon, anxious Mums sewing their names into the collars, so young Jordan et al doesn't come home from the game in the wrong warfare suit.
Keep it Simple
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:41 pm

oldweststander wrote:Why on earth would anyone be carrying an umbrella last night?

You couldn't make it up.

Headline in next week's Chad, "man threatened with umbrella because he had no jeans on".

What a joke we are becoming.
I think the torrential rain was a clue oldweststander. The stewards were happy to let fans in with fold up umberellas.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:01 pm

whoosh!! :)
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby oldweststander » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:16 pm

Amber, i was being sarcastic.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Barrel of the Best » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:25 pm

It's banned in some city centre bars along with more current labels, stone island is old hat now.
For example, Sheffield city centre bars are quite keen on this. I don't think you'd get in anywhere on west street wearing it.

But what happens? What's been happening for years, those intent on fighting and disorder stop wearing it and wear something more discreet. Watch any hooligan video on youtube from the last decade or two with proper disorder and you won't see much stone island on show.

The stewards need to get with 2017, it's not 1990 and its certainly not 1940's Nazi Germany either.

Clueless.
Barrel of the Best
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:11 am

kevin kents tasce wrote:Sorry but i'm not having it that anyone goes to watch football in Stone Island gear unless they want to either be involved in hooliganism or be a fanboy for those that are involved.

No need to apologise for being an absolute ignorant buffoon.

Biggest load of sheite ive read on here and thats saying something.
Last edited by Captain Cunno on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:45 am

You should know Captain?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:40 am

Captain Cunno wrote:Biggest load of sheite ive read on here and thats saying something.

I'll bow to your expert knowledge on writing sheite.

Personal insult aside, i'll stand by my opinion that Stone Island is for hooligans and hooligan fan boys.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stag861 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:10 am

Blidworth Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:I totally agree, they should not be asked to remove such clothing. Whilst I was waiting to go through the turnstile last night stewards were stopping supporters taking large umberellas into the stadium. When challenged the steward said it was a change in policy and they could be collected at the end of the match. To be fair to the two supporters I saw, they handed in their umberellas without challenge.

To be fair you cannot take umbrella's into a sports stadium one the can be used as a weapon if you are that way inclined but more importantly you would block someone's view but for choosing someone's clothes is absolutely ridiculous

No problem with umbrellas at any Test cricket ground. With all of the fancy dress on show, anyone wearing Stone Island would be normal.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
stag861
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Big yella » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:52 am

stag861 wrote:
Blidworth Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:I totally agree, they should not be asked to remove such clothing. Whilst I was waiting to go through the turnstile last night stewards were stopping supporters taking large umberellas into the stadium. When challenged the steward said it was a change in policy and they could be collected at the end of the match. To be fair to the two supporters I saw, they handed in their umberellas without challenge.

To be fair you cannot take umbrella's into a sports stadium one the can be used as a weapon if you are that way inclined but more importantly you would block someone's view but for choosing someone's clothes is absolutely ridiculous

No problem with umbrellas at any Test cricket ground. With all of the fancy dress on show, anyone wearing Stone Island would be normal.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

An umbrella is also an essential part of the dress code at Wimbledon, isn't it?
Who needs a Dutchman, when we've got Holland.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:11 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:Biggest load of sheite ive read on here and thats saying something.

Personal insult aside, i'll stand by my opinion that Stone Island is for hooligans and hooligan fan boys.

absolute codswallop

So, a 30 year old family man who doesnt go to football or doesnt even like football, wears some stone island jeans for example... does that make him a Hooligan? Its a desiginer label. Yes a certain genre of thugs have adopted it to mean something however not everyone has the same mentality. I used to have a stone island cap and i couldnt throw a punch if my life depended on it :lol:
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:30 pm

Well, at least Stagsnet does teach you something. I'd never heard of Stone Island before this thread appeared.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby kyle b » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:39 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:Sorry but i'm not having it that anyone goes to watch football in Stone Island gear unless they want to either be involved in hooliganism or be a fanboy for those that are involved.

Never heard so much crap. I've often gone to football in a stone island jacket or jeans and I've never have been of never will be interested in being a football hooligan
kyle b
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:56 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:

Its called a swear filter petal

raspberry will come up instead if i spell it correct.

Standing by your comment doesn't make you any less of an uneducated sheep who believes in sterotypes and red top papers.

If you were just after a bite well done , you've got one.
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:33 pm

I wasn't after a bite. Just offering my opinion like you do yours. Its ok for people to disagree without resorting to insulting each other.

My opinion is based solely on my own experiences of witnessing hooligans and their cronies walking around football stadiums, town centres and right wing marches wearing stone island gear.

A quick search on google for 'hooligans Stone Island' takes you to dozens of football 'casuals' websites. Clearly these are aimed at football hooligans.
Last edited by kevin kents tasce on Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:35 pm

A quick search on google......

I rest my case.
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:38 pm

Yes, my entire opinion is based on google!
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Johnny Rotten » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:41 pm

Random Hero wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Great, i hope the instigator of this rubbish and fellow steward bashers on here can be really pleased that our CEO is wasting time on this now and not doing her job. Well done lads.

You absolutely crack me up constantly on this site :lol:

It's quite obvious it did happen, in fact it happened to two of my friends last night, who are very far from being hooligans I hasten to add.

There are numerous (non-linked - ie. people who don't know each other) accounts of it happening on social media.

Now the CEO is getting involved because it's quite clear that this did actually happen, and isn't acceptable. I think you should have a little more faith in her to be able to multitask this minor issue with 'her job' too.

There would be no such thing as 'steward bashing' if horrendous (think unprovoked assaults) and inept practices (lack of any sort of customer management skills for starters) hadn't been exposed and complained about time and time again.

But you still live in denial. Must be nice and cosy under that rock.

So what did actually happen last night?

The silence is deafening. I wouldn't want to cause a stir but without a response to report what actually happened especially from someone the situation impacted upon I would have to challenge the legitimacy of the claim :?: :shock:

Regardless of what clothing you wear you should in any case respect the stewards as you would any other professional doing their job. I don't know what happened but on occasion stewards as do many others receive abuse or backchat or whatever you want to call it. Were the situations involving those with this particular brand of clothing respectful and reasonable in response to the request or did the situation(s) escalate into unsavoury scenes? What led up to the situation(s) where this/these took place?
@beckenham_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:42 pm

Won't don't you ask jeeves
Richard Cranium
Manager