{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stone Island

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stone Island

Postby Chris M » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:21 am

Just read a post on FB saying that fans wearing Stone Island garments were asked to remove them before entering Field Mill last night. Is there any truth in this? Are the new breed of match day stewards also fashion police now too? If true, does this apply to visiting fans as well? If there is any truth in this the singing section will be somewhat depleted if the youngers swearing these garments are put off from attending.

As someone whose younger relations are going through their Stone Island phrase it would be a shame to alienate this generation of supporters.

Any thoughts?
Chris M
First Team
First Team

Re: Stone Island

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:31 am

I used to have several pairs of Stone Island jeans in the nineties, when I last had a disposable income. I've never looked for a scrap at the football in my life. However, if this is true then there's a clear message being sent out here that certain clothing means a certain mentality, which is rather stupid.

Nobody would have wanted to see me with my trousers removed.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:34 am

Yes here's a thought. This country has gone mad!!! You should be able to wear whatever brand of clothing you like mate just because some knuckle draggers wear Stone Island doesn't mean every ones the same. I'm too old to worry about branded clothes, but everybody has that choice hey.
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Frontrowhero » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:11 am

The atmosphere we created towards the end of last season was the best it's been in years. I thought the club were starting to understand the fans a bit more, allowing singing sections and seeming to curb our over the top stewarding

Asking people to remove clothing before entering a game is morally wrong if that happened. It's mainly just young lads who do it and to be honest has any of them ended up being arrested at a game? There's been fashion trends for young lads for decades turning up at games why now single them out. The club need to very careful if they have done this, could open a can of worms and lose supporters when we are trying to attract them
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:27 am

I totally agree, they should not be asked to remove such clothing. Whilst I was waiting to go through the turnstile last night stewards were stopping supporters taking large umberellas into the stadium. When challenged the steward said it was a change in policy and they could be collected at the end of the match. To be fair to the two supporters I saw, they handed in their umberellas without challenge.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby smiler67 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:39 am

Worrying move if it's true,we need all the support we can get,isolating sections of the crowd due to the brand of clothing they wear is ridiculous.
smiler67
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Slackythestag » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:41 am

The main issue is the club has got their hands tied massively.

I think this rule is the security company and NOT THE CLUB.

If SAG wants to create this rule or a rule, the club has to abide. Otherwise the security company will turn around and say "Ok, we wont steward the game and it cant go ahead"

For the record I am not defending this action, as it is pathetic and ridiculous :lol: :coys:
Slackythestag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:02 am

Wear a stone island burka, or turban. That will really confuse them. This is a rediculous policy. Not thought out and bound to annoy people.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Im not the real OND » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:07 am

I can confirm I had no problem in my Eclipse jeans and Naff Co 54 jacket.
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:11 am

What a load of rubbish. It more damming on the people who believe this and get so mad over nothing, than it is the people who made it up.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Frontrowhero » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:17 am

They will just wear other brands that match the image. Burberry will be next, only in Mansfield could we ban people for wearing one of the most expensive brands in Britain, you watch

I wish sag/stewards would sort out our town centre instead, stop people wearing shell suits, Tesco two stripe and leave the young lads to wear what they want at field mill. They aren't going to fight cause trouble, the jacket/hat/jeans cost them best part of £500 quid
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Frontrowhero » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:19 am

Jamie wrote:What a load of rubbish. It more damming on the people who believe this and get so mad over nothing, than it is the people who made it up.

Had first hand experience of our over the top stewarding Jamie, would not put this past them
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stag861 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:29 am

Celebrating 50 years of wearing 501s. Will I be banned for trying to be trendy? On another point raised. One lady had her umbrella taken to the steward's office as it was too big. She said that last years policy was no pointed tipped brollies. Good job it hasn't rained recently.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
stag861
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:30 am

They took peoples umbrellas off them, thats it.
Sedgwick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby part time pete » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:33 am

At one of the pre season friendlies, I saw the stewards insist one of these young guys took off his stone island cap to check he wasn't hiding contraband (smoke bombs) under his cap.

He then let him enter the ground after he put the cap back on.

A bit of a Facebook mountain out of a mole hill.
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby old ram stag » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:09 am

please let this stupid rumour stop here im in spain and know it didnt happen, as pete says maybe to take off a cap for a brief second during a search but not remove and keep off.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:57 pm

The CEO is asking for details on Facebook she has stressed nobody would be refused just because they had a certain label on, but will investigate
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Showaddywaddy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:12 pm

Who decides which label is cool and which is one that you shouldn't be seen dead in? I can never understand it. Why can't Gola, HiTech and Dunlop be the must wear labels and Stone Island, Pretty Green & Ralph Lauren get ridiculed?

I think I am proper snazzy in my Next jeans and Burton jumper.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:31 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:The CEO is asking for details on Facebook she has stressed nobody would be refused just because they had a certain label on, but will investigate

Great, i hope the instigator of this rubbish and fellow steward bashers on here can be really pleased that our CEO is wasting time on this now and not doing her job. Well done lads.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Blidworth Stag » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:54 pm

Amber Andy wrote:I totally agree, they should not be asked to remove such clothing. Whilst I was waiting to go through the turnstile last night stewards were stopping supporters taking large umberellas into the stadium. When challenged the steward said it was a change in policy and they could be collected at the end of the match. To be fair to the two supporters I saw, they handed in their umberellas without challenge.

To be fair you cannot take umbrella's into a sports stadium one the can be used as a weapon if you are that way inclined but more importantly you would block someone's view but for choosing someone's clothes is absolutely ridiculous
Blidworth Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Random Hero » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:44 pm

Jamie wrote:
Great, i hope the instigator of this rubbish and fellow steward bashers on here can be really pleased that our CEO is wasting time on this now and not doing her job. Well done lads.

You absolutely crack me up constantly on this site :lol:

It's quite obvious it did happen, in fact it happened to two of my friends last night, who are very far from being hooligans I hasten to add.

There are numerous (non-linked - ie. people who don't know each other) accounts of it happening on social media.

Now the CEO is getting involved because it's quite clear that this did actually happen, and isn't acceptable. I think you should have a little more faith in her to be able to multitask this minor issue with 'her job' too.

There would be no such thing as 'steward bashing' if horrendous (think unprovoked assaults) and inept practices (lack of any sort of customer management skills for starters) hadn't been exposed and complained about time and time again.

But you still live in denial. Must be nice and cosy under that rock.
Panatha mou, se aghapo, opou ki an pezis panda tha s' akoloutho.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:08 pm

He's probably giving old ram stag a cuddle under there.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:20 pm

Random Hero wrote:
Jamie wrote:

You absolutely crack me up constantly on this site :lol:

It's quite obvious it did happen, in fact it happened to two of my friends last night, who are very far from being hooligans I hasten to add.

There are numerous (non-linked - ie. people who don't know each other) accounts of it happening on social media.

Now the CEO is getting involved because it's quite clear that this did actually happen, and isn't acceptable. I think you should have a little more faith in her to be able to multitask this minor issue with 'her job' too.

There would be no such thing as 'steward bashing' if horrendous (think unprovoked assaults) and inept practices (lack of any sort of customer management skills for starters) hadn't been exposed and complained about time and time again.

But you still live in denial. Must be nice and cosy under that rock.

So what did actually happen last night?
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:47 pm

It's a good job this sort of policy wasn't around in the 70's.

Docos, denim jackets, flared jeans and feather cuts we the dress of the, shall we say 'more boisterous than normal brigade', who you could spot a mile away. The trouble is 70% of the crowd was in that category at the time and asking them to remove their boot, jackets and jeans would've needed a warehouse to store them on a matchday. :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:20 pm

Why on earth would anyone be carrying an umbrella last night?

You couldn't make it up.

Headline in next week's Chad, "man threatened with umbrella because he had no jeans on".

What a joke we are becoming.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum