{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Pitch

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Pitch

Postby bux46 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:27 am

Mez should be given a medal .... although I think he needs stronger paint for the touch lines .... I only saw the ball effected by the water once ,late in the second half on the far side ( Bishop street ) and my mate and I both agreed a few years ago this game would not have been played ..... Money well spent Lord Radford take a bow ........
bux46
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:34 am

Pitch was suburb and its looks level.

Also with the new advertising boards, new dugouts slightly in the stand and the astro over the edge of the pitch the ground looks a lot tidier, starting to look very professional
Sedgwick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby oldweststander » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:01 am

A wonder too behold after 15 hours solid rain, money well spent.

Now for the 20 goal striker?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:29 pm

bux46 wrote:Mez should be given a medal .... although I think he needs stronger paint for the touch lines .... I only saw the ball effected by the water once ,late in the second half on the far side ( Bishop street ) and my mate and I both agreed a few years ago this game would not have been played ..... Money well spent Lord Radford take a bow ........

If he'd have faced conditions like yesterday before the work was done and got a game on then he'd deserve a medal. If you have the best tools to do the job it's... well not easy, but a lot easier shall we say.
It's akin to diggin a 100yrd trench in a road with a pick n shovel. But if the boss buys you a JCB then you're laughing and not rubbing Ibugel on your back every night.

The gaffer needs to take note, 'get the best tools to do the job'
ie a chap who scares the crap out of an opposition defence.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:27 pm

Spiritater wrote:
bux46 wrote:Mez should be given a medal .... although I think he needs stronger paint for the touch lines .... I only saw the ball effected by the water once ,late in the second half on the far side ( Bishop street ) and my mate and I both agreed a few years ago this game would not have been played ..... Money well spent Lord Radford take a bow ........

If he'd have faced conditions like yesterday before the work was done and got a game on then he'd deserve a medal. If you have the best tools to do the job it's... well not easy, but a lot easier shall we say.
It's akin to diggin a 100yrd trench in a road with a pick n shovel. But if the boss buys you a JCB then you're laughing and not rubbing Ibugel on your back every night.

The gaffer needs to take note, 'get the best tools to do the job'
ie a chap who scares the crap out of an opposition defence.

I'll have a pint of what you've been drinking!
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:57 pm

Rhubard wine Edders
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater