{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:49 pm

Well in this case a tweet.......lets hope we can overtake Fleetwood.

:coys:
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: A picture is worth a thousand words.

Postby Tre Cool » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:13 pm

More evidence that Pearce and Bennett should be the two starters. Mirfin and Diamond should have to earn their place. It wasn't the defence that was our shortcoming last season.
Tre Cool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:21 pm

Exactly. We didn't even need mirfin or diamond, we should've used their wages to get a top striker instead.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:22 am

Dan wrote:Exactly. We didn't even need mirfin or diamond, we should've used their wages to get a top striker instead.

I think we needed one to go with bennett pearce and Taft and Diamond was on paper a superb signing and i believe will still be a superb signing.
Mirfin was one that wasn't on the radar but just came up.
Evans said when a player of his calibre becomes available you get him.
I think him and Diamond are very similar and only time will tell if they can forge a partnership.

Evans brought them in though so they were always gonna start the first game.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:21 am

You've got to love Stagsnet. One game in and both Diamond and Mirfin are the next Lever and Moore.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:28 am

Dan wrote:Exactly. We didn't even need mirfin or diamond, we should've used their wages to get a top striker instead.
Dan as you know it is a long season. Players get injured or lose form. This season we have more than adequate replacements. I'm sure each of the four centre backs will play their part.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:34 am

Richard Cranium wrote:You've got to love Stagsnet. One game in and both Diamond and Mirfin are the next Lever and Moore.

Now that is an insult if ive ever seen one.

No one is, has (with the exception of yourself) or will associate Diamond / Mirfin in that category (unless their given blindfolds to wear).

I think Diamond had a good game at Crewe and grew into the match, Mirfin appeared to lack fitness despite the goal.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby milne6 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:02 pm

I'm going to say it as everyone has an opinion but I'm not Pearce 's biggest fan.. he jumps into tackles to fast and his positioning is shocking.. I'm glad we got cover and not only Diamond and Mirfin need to fight for their place, so does Taft and Pearce
This is a Signature
milne6
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:30 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Dan as you know it is a long season. Players get injured or lose form. This season we have more than adequate replacements. I'm sure each of the four centre backs will play their part.

Agree with you Andy - who knows, maybe this year we've been daft enough to squander money on affording a push for promotion AND a decent cup run?

JR is going to feel SO so stupid if our 'strength in depth' approach allows us to proceed well into cup competitions and make a decent wedge off it! :P
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:25 pm

milne6 wrote:I'm going to say it as everyone has an opinion but I'm not Pearce 's biggest fan.. he jumps into tackles to fast and his positioning is shocking.. I'm glad we got cover and not only Diamond and Mirfin need to fight for their place, so does Taft and Pearce

Im also pleased we have squad depth and competition for places, but can't agree with that assessment of Pearce, his tackling and positioning is usually rock solid and he is an excellent defender at this level.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ST4GS » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:23 pm

Terry Eccles Was God wrote:
milne6 wrote:I'm going to say it as everyone has an opinion but I'm not Pearce 's biggest fan.. he jumps into tackles to fast and his positioning is shocking.. I'm glad we got cover and not only Diamond and Mirfin need to fight for their place, so does Taft and Pearce

Im also pleased we have squad depth and competition for places, but can't agree with that assessment of Pearce, his tackling and positioning is usually rock solid and he is an excellent defender at this level.

Everyone should get their chance to impress and stay in the side. I think the first choice duo will probably be Diamond and Bennett, they could be quite a team both in the air and covering ground. The other three are not far behind though but someone will be disappointed on a regular basis and might have to warm up the George Pilkington seat in the IG stand before looking for a move?
ST4GS
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum