{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

ifollow

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: ifollow

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:38 pm

the full details are in here Wolfie: https://www.efl.com/news/2017/november/ ... n-ifollow/
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:31 pm

:)
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:48 pm

richardstag wrote:Thanks for the reply Martin. I am using the app and all the other content such as the highlights and interviews work fine. I've tried using both my mobile data and Wi-Fi during live commentary and the performance is the same on both. Not sure if I've tried re-installing in the past but I'll give it a go just incase I haven't. If by memory you are referring to storage I have 3.5GB available which I would assume is plenty for a live stream? Hopefully a simple re-install may be the solution.

Make sure you havn't got battery saving mode on (if on android) and you have a setting activated for it to use background data. Also check the settings for your screen to auto-lock. If it auto-locks itself after a minute, that could be your answer.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:52 pm

Customer service is terrible. Wouldn’t go near it ever again.
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby richardstag » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:40 am

stagmanrob wrote:
richardstag wrote:Thanks for the reply Martin. I am using the app and all the other content such as the highlights and interviews work fine. I've tried using both my mobile data and Wi-Fi during live commentary and the performance is the same on both. Not sure if I've tried re-installing in the past but I'll give it a go just incase I haven't. If by memory you are referring to storage I have 3.5GB available which I would assume is plenty for a live stream? Hopefully a simple re-install may be the solution.

Make sure you havn't got battery saving mode on (if on android) and you have a setting activated for it to use background data. Also check the settings for your screen to auto-lock. If it auto-locks itself after a minute, that could be your answer.

Thanks, I'll give that a go next time!
richardstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:19 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:here is how to watch the Blackpool match if you are not a current iFollow subscriber.

I've just been through the process to test it works.

go to https://www.mansfieldtown.net/ifollow/

choose subscribe

choose free pass

set up your account

go to the match centre on the mansfieldtown.net homepage

choose match pass

pay your £5 using either paypal or entering credit card details

return to the match centre before kick off to watch the game

If you are already an iFollow subscriber, just go to the match centre before kick off
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Stoney » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:32 pm

I'm an Ifollow subscriber Martin, can I watch the match tonight?

I'm not using a VPN or anything for overseas account etc.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:53 pm

Stoney wrote:I'm an Ifollow subscriber Martin, can I watch the match tonight?

I'm not using a VPN or anything for overseas account etc.

yes
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:44 pm

There seems to be a lot of negativity about Ifollow on here so I thought I would add my experience with it so far.
As I have other hobbies at the weekend at certain times of the year, although I am a season ticket holder I only get to 15-18 home games a season and 2 or 3 away games so I subscribe for the match commentaries for games I cannot attend.
The switchover from last years Stagsplayer to the new Ifollow was seamless with no need to re-register and everything just continued to work.
I do find that there is a slight delay on the commentary but usually less than a minute and does this really matter ? The only reason I can think it would matter is if you were at the game and listening to the commentary.
I have listened to matches on my PC, tablet and phone and had no problems with any of them. Even when I am travelling in the car with the commentary on my phone the only problems are if my phone loses internet signal which is no fault of the Ifollow app.
Last night I watched the Blackpool match and was very impressed with the quality - clear picture, no buffering, multi cameras, replays, and commentary - what more could you want ?
My only disappointment was that I couldn't listen to Martin's commentary. I tried opening a 2nd tab for the commentary but it shut down the video so I had to close the 2nd tab.
I would say that the 'live' video was about a minute behind (bet365 told me we had scored just before we won the free kick) but again is it really an issue ?

Overall I have been very impressed so far and think it is a bargain at £4.49 a month.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:07 pm

Dave Wayne, I agree...I think ifollow is very good, all works well and it has good / regular content.

Can't understand why people moan about the price to be honest
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby spanishstag » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:44 pm

I was having loads of trouble with this and every time i got in touch with them they just kept telling me to use a different browser and clear all my caches , on saturday i ended up installing firefox and straight away it was ok ,so if its any help to anyone using chrome ,try mozilla firefox its loads better belmers :coys:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby white5581 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:46 pm

I thought we were now able to watch the games if we pay £5 and use match pass in the uk
white5581
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:13 pm

white5581 wrote:I thought we were now able to watch the games if we pay £5 and use match pass in the uk

i think that was just for the checkatrade games
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby white5581 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:15 pm

Cheers for the reply
white5581
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Jamie » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:28 pm

I think if you sign up you can watch the games after they've been played but listen to live commo. Unless you are outside the UK then you can watch live.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby white5581 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:34 am

I know this might have been asked before but trolling through pages for the possible answer isn’t happening, have people been able to use chromecast and mirror the iPhone screen to watch games on tv, because obviously it hasn’t got the option of airplay.
white5581
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Bradders » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:14 am

white5581 wrote:I know this might have been asked before but trolling through pages for the possible answer isn’t happening, have people been able to use chromecast and mirror the iPhone screen to watch games on tv, because obviously it hasn’t got the option of airplay.

Not quite answering your question, but I have cast to the TV screen successfully and easily using the Android facility. Although I have chromecast I didn't have to use that, but I suspect that it should work just as well.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/mirror-an-android-device-to-your-tv-using-chromecast/

The only problem is that there is a slight slowness due to the extra link and that makes any panning shots a little jerky - very irritating. So don't expect top quality.

I have no idea whether iPhones work just as well, but as they're hundreds of pounds more expensive than my devices they should be more than capable.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:18 am

In Spain today and trying to find link to watch the game on ifollow. Watched the tuesday game ok , but cant find this one.

Appreciate any help?
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:04 pm

victor A block wrote:In Spain today and trying to find link to watch the game on ifollow. Watched the tuesday game ok , but cant find this one.

Appreciate any help?

I think it is only the midweek games that are available on a matchday pass.
You have to be an 'overseas' subscriber to watch the saturday matches.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:50 pm

Victor, you need to have an account with an overseas address to watch a Saturday game. You can't just use a UK iFollow account even when you are abroad. So I suggest you create an iFollow account (free pass account) using the address where you are staying in Spain, then you should be able to buy a match pass. The reason you were able to watch Tuesday's game is because UK subscribers can watch midweek games. Only overseas subscribers can watch Saturday games.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum