{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

FAO Chadman

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

FAO Chadman

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:18 pm

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/teams/first-team/forward/omari-sterling-james/

Never been Omari Stirling-Thomas

Never gonna be Omari Sterling-Thomas

Did you ever report on the performances of Matt Wagstaff or Dudley Cassells??
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)
Son Of Sherwood
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: FAO Chadman

Postby oldweststander » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:35 pm

Son of Sherwood, being a bit picky aren't we?

Does it really matter, we all get the drift.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:55 pm

a bit harsh Son of Sherwood. We all know what a good job Dave Lomas does for us.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Showaddywaddy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:58 pm

Yeah what does it matter, here is my Chad style report on the Sheffield Wednesday game.

Mansfield Town played out an entertaining 2-2 defeat with Sheffield Rovers on Friday evening.

A strong Blades side featuring Brian Deane and Tony the Iguana up front provided a stern test for Steve Adams side but the Stags equipped themselves well.

The Sheffield Steelers scored first with a lovely flowing move finished off by David Hirst. It was all triangle though when the Stags levelled through defender George Foster.

Sheffield University Netball XI regained the lead with a lovely cover drive by Billy Smart.

Not to be out done the Stags were back on terms again when Rhys Day headed home at the far post.

So 2-2 the final score.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:23 pm

Does Martin get it wrong? No

I'm still waiting for my answer to the request for some questions being posed by said reporter as to why all the good folks that spend their money. time and support for MTFC, only to see times of kick off changed throughout the fixture list, without any consideration for said supporters! What about challenging the SAG about home supporter allocation back to the North stand?

Instead of drivel and copy / paste, I'd prefer to see journalism Stan Searl style (for the younger ones amongst us)!
Son Of Sherwood
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:24 pm

Showaddywaddy wrote:Yeah what does it matter, here is my Chad style report on the Sheffield Wednesday game.

Mansfield Town played out an entertaining 2-2 defeat with Sheffield Rovers on Friday evening.

A strong Blades side featuring Brian Deane and Tony the Iguana up front provided a stern test for Steve Adams side but the Stags equipped themselves well.

The Sheffield Steelers scored first with a lovely flowing move finished off by David Hirst. It was all triangle though when the Stags levelled through defender George Foster.

Sheffield University Netball XI regained the lead with a lovely cover drive by Billy Smart.

Not to be out done the Stags were back on terms again when Rhys Day headed home at the far post.

So 2-2 the final score.

.... and midway through the second half Stuart Broad unleashed a rocket-of-a-shit, that Rod Arnold did well to parry over the bar.
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:42 pm

Showaddywaddy wrote:Yeah what does it matter, here is my Chad style report on the Sheffield Wednesday game.

So 2-2 the final score.

Laughed out loud at this
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby SidneyOttewell » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:44 pm

Son Of Sherwood wrote:https://www.mansfieldtown.net/teams/first-team/forward/omari-sterling-james/

Never been Omari Stirling-Thomas

Never gonna be Omari Sterling-Thomas

Did you ever report on the performances of Matt Wagstaff or Dudley Cassells??

I already mentioned this three weeks ago, but, yes, it does matter for our local paper to at least spell our new players' names correctly. Although, how you can misspell 'James' as 'Thomas', I don't know.
SidneyOttewell
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Foxy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:49 pm

Look it was just an honest mistake that anyone could make whether that's you, me, or Steve Lomas.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby SidneyOttewell » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:49 pm

Foxy wrote:Look it was just an honest mistake that anyone could make whether that's you, me, or Steve Lomas.

I suppose you're right, Wolfie.
SidneyOttewell
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:59 pm

Foxy wrote:Look it was just an honest mistake that anyone could make whether that's you, me, or Steve Lomas.

Difference is, said reporter gets paid to get it right. This person is the voice of the local newspaper, yes?

As said above, the player has not had his name reported correctly since the day he signed and, in today's video blog, his name was brought up twice and on both occasions his incorrect name used.

Picky if you want but I was brought up in a time when accuracy was a minimum standard. If others accept a lower standard, let them get on with it.
Last edited by Son Of Sherwood on Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Son Of Sherwood
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Grendon Stag » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:06 pm

Its a good job there's nothing serious to moan about..
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:21 am

Trouble is James Lomas is a Florist supporter. I bet you an iron pig that if he was reporting on Florist he'd get Mark Hovis's name right.
Last edited by Spiritater on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:42 am

Son Of Sherwood wrote:Does Martin get it wrong? No

I'm still waiting for my answer to the request for some questions being posed by said reporter as to why all the good folks that spend their money. time and support for MTFC, only to see times of kick off changed throughout the fixture list, without any consideration for said supporters! What about challenging the SAG about home supporter allocation back to the North stand?

Instead of drivel and copy / paste, I'd prefer to see journalism Stan Searl style (for the younger ones amongst us)!

excellent point which needs answering. The kick off times this year are a joke
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:58 am

Paid or not we all make mistakes.

JL is an excellent journalist, if you don't like his pieces don't read um.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:00 am

Chander Lear wrote: The kick off times this year are a joke

That's not Rob Lomas's fault tbf.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:33 am

Foxy wrote:
Chander Lear wrote: The kick off times this year are a joke

That's not Rob Lomas's fault tbf.

No, its not, but surely as a media outlet he should be asking the questions? Its been a debatable point for a few seasons now. If the media are not going to ask the questions, who is?
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:01 pm

If JL asks the questions he get the health and public safety answers.

You know that.

If you don't like reading JL's bit in the Chad then vote with you feet.

If you don't like his postings on Stags etc, don't read them, after all, they cost you nothing.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:43 pm

Son Of Sherwood wrote:Does Martin get it wrong? No

I'm with you on the change of kick off times. It is about time Chadman was asking some pertinent questions.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:08 pm

Well I think he's alright and I like his hair.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:39 pm

Good thing no-one spotted the error with the date of signing!
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum