{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A question to Part Time Pete...

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

A question to Part Time Pete...

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:40 am

After last season's very knowledgeable and prophetic prediction, is one PSF enough to tell us whether we'll score enough this season? :lol:
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Re: A question to Part Time Pete...

Postby oldweststander » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:59 am

Don't know what Part Time Pete will come back with you have to put the SW game in context.

Our players have been together for only three weeks, a good first weeks training Int then off to Malta, travelled two days, Imagine they had a day off at some point and another week back at home with a weather disrupted weeks training.

There is still 50% ( three weeks ) of preseason training time left before the big kick off, things will change, I expect some incomings and maybe outgoings too.

Yesterday, we were outp!ayed by a superior team for the first 30mins, our defence looked very uncertain and jittery for Wednesday's second and third, all it needed was a boot through the ball, we neglected to do the simple thing.

We move on to Wednesday evening and next Saturday, if there is improvement all well and good. My view is, it is better to find your deficiencies against good opponents than spank a non-league side 5-0.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:58 pm

In simplicity, the tag line hasn't changed if we were playing championship teams every week.

However we will not, I can only make a judgement when we play teams at our level or below us.

If we don't score a hatful against Alfreton then the tag line will remain.
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:37 pm

part time pete wrote:In simplicity, the tag line hasn't changed if we were playing championship teams every week.

However we will not, I can only make a judgement when we play teams at our level or below us.

If we don't score a hatful against Alfreton then the tag line will remain.

Thanks Peter, we shall see
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:50 pm

It has to be said that although we were playing the Owls we posed little threat from our forwards and both goals scored were scored by defenders. Early days yet but for me the 2nd half pairing looked better that the first.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:06 pm

I was quite impressed with Sterling-James and has tremendous potential.

Whether Evans will give him many starts ahead of the other three strikers we shall see.
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby ironbru » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:23 am

I am still concerned that we could still not get the ball to the forwards to provide them with an opportunity.
We could have the best strikers ever but if we cant get the ball to them, they cant score
ironbru
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:08 am

ironbru wrote:I am still concerned that we could still not get the ball to the forwards to provide them with an opportunity.
We could have the best strikers ever but if we cant get the ball to them, they cant score

We wont be playing that sort of quality opposition week in week out though will we.

I can only hope that with the lack of a talisman striker, we will be getting goals by defenders from corners and set pieces, from the wide men, and with 25-35 goals from all the strikers.

Tottenham scored the most and conceded the least in the PL last season, but failed to win the league. With that record, they really should have won the league. However, chelsea won by grinding out results. I won't mind if we become the sort of team with an unbeatable mind-set. winning 1-0 and 2-1 will be fine.

You dont get extra points for how you win.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum