{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Basford Utd

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Basford Utd

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:04 pm

Apparently our U21s lost 2-0 at Basford tonight. Did anyone go, in fact did anyone know about t'game?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Re: Basford Utd

Postby Dan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:54 pm

Kieran Wells scored both after coming off the bench after 55 minutes. A header in 70 mins then a follow up from a shot by a trialist in the last minute. It was down as Mansfield Town on the fixture but changed to U23 at kick off.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:41 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:16 am

Anyone know team what played ?
MTFCMAD
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby AlwaysAStag » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:52 am

Wilson, Bloor, Baldwin, Peace Macdonald, Wilder, Ward, Healey, George, Law, T. Blake, Hakeem

Subs Lewis (gk), Slone, Harrison, A.Smith, And two unnamed forwards. Both were young lads from other youth teams last year. Number 15 was from a league one club and one from lower league I think.

Danquah and N. Blake in the stand out with injuries I believe.

Special mention to Teddy Bloor, Sam Wilson, Henry Wilder and Bradley Peace-Macdonald. Thought all looked excellent up against men. Liam Hearn played first 45 mins for Basford.
Blake went off injured hopefully it's not bad as again he looked comfortable. Last years loan looks to have done him good in his progression.
Sam Wilson pulled off two great reaction saves. Keaton Ward looks like he could develop into a very good technical midfielder. Dictated tempo in the middle. AJ George tried to get things going but nothing really worked for him. Healey was playing a strict role in the middle with simple short passing mostly. Hakeem showed good pace but never really got going either and came off at half time. A few wayward shots but showed confidence to go for goal. Needs a loan out this season like we did for T. Blake last year. Law was playing behind two strikers mostly and did the defensive work well helping out the midfield. Going forward there wasn't much happening for him apart from a few one twos into space.
Unnamed striker number 15 was a handful. Showed good feet on the ball and skill to get past his man. Strong on the ball too. I don't know whether he was a trailist or joined the under 21s.

Good experience and practice for the lads. They didn't let themselves down.
AlwaysAStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:11 am

thanks for the report, AlwaysA
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Grendon Stag » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:42 am

AlwaysAStag wrote:Wilson, Bloor, Baldwin, Peace Macdonald, Wilder, Ward, Healey, George, Law, T. Blake, Hakeem

Subs Lewis (gk), Slone, Harrison, A.Smith, And two unnamed forwards. Both were young lads from other youth teams last year. Number 15 was from a league one club and one from lower league I think.

Danquah and N. Blake in the stand out with injuries I believe.

Special mention to Teddy Bloor, Sam Wilson, Henry Wilder and Bradley Peace-Macdonald. Thought all looked excellent up against men. Liam Hearn played first 45 mins for Basford.
Blake went off injured hopefully it's not bad as again he looked comfortable. Last years loan looks to have done him good in his progression.
Sam Wilson pulled off two great reaction saves. Keaton Ward looks like he could develop into a very good technical midfielder. Dictated tempo in the middle. AJ George tried to get things going but nothing really worked for him. Healey was playing a strict role in the middle with simple short passing mostly. Hakeem showed good pace but never really got going either and came off at half time. A few wayward shots but showed confidence to go for goal. Needs a loan out this season like we did for T. Blake last year. Law was playing behind two strikers mostly and did the defensive work well helping out the midfield. Going forward there wasn't much happening for him apart from a few one twos into space.
Unnamed striker number 15 was a handful. Showed good feet on the ball and skill to get past his man. Strong on the ball too. I don't know whether he was a trailist or joined the under 21s.

Good experience and practice for the lads. They didn't let themselves down.

Some of these lads are only 17/18 so its good to hear they did well against a good Basford side.
Grendon Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:35 pm

Was one of the trialists the number 9 from St Andrews ?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby AlwaysAStag » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:57 pm

Not sure as I wasn't in Malta unfortunately. What did the number 9 look like?
AlwaysAStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:12 pm

A young rapid black lad.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby AlwaysAStag » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:22 pm

There was a small lad matching your description I think but he was the other forward that came on wearing number 17. Looked like a young shaquile coulthirst. Heard he was from none league but he didn't really do much that was impressive with the time he was on the pitch. The number 15 that I was impressed with was a tall half cast forward from Oxford from what I have found.

No sight of who I believe were in their last year within the youth team Cain Smith, Tom Marriott, Morgan Ratcliffe, Surafel Behailu, Devante Reittie so maybe they haven't been kept on.
AlwaysAStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:05 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby AlwaysAStag » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:34 am

AlwaysAStag wrote:There was a small lad matching your description I think but he was the other forward that came on wearing number 17. Looked like a young shaquile coulthirst. Heard he was from none league but he didn't really do much that was impressive with the time he was on the pitch. The number 15 that I was impressed with was a tall half cast forward from Oxford from what I have found.

No sight of who I believe were in their last year within the youth team Cain Smith, Tom Marriott, Morgan Ratcliffe, Surafel Behailu, Devante Reittie so maybe they haven't been kept on.

Both unnamed strikers from the basford game look to have been officially annouched on the Matlock team sheet. Jordan Graham is the lad I knew about from Oxford United. The other was Jurelle Phillips who has recently been playing for in the evo stick for Loughborough Dynamo.
AlwaysAStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:59 am

Jordan graham as in the ex villa youth and has played for wolves?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby AlwaysAStag » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:15 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:Jordan graham as in the ex villa youth and has played for wolves?

Unfortunately not.

https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2016/septem ... onal-deal/
AlwaysAStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:26 pm

Record crowd at Basford yesterday for 2-0 defeat against Notts County - 946

Liam Hearn and Ben Hutchinson were playing for Basford.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum