{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

iFollow

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

iFollow

Postby BilsthorpeStag » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:27 pm

Has anyone found away of listening to commentary next season through smart phone apps. The old PlayerHD hasn't been updated since the swap over. Surely some of us will be part way through a subscription when KO comes around?
BilsthorpeStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: iFollow

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:46 pm

see viewtopic.php?p=658082#p658082

The app is not yet available. Stoney has reported that you can get the videos to work on mobile using the Google Chrome browser.

Commentary has not yet been enabled as I noted for the game in Malta. Hopefully it should be enabled by the home friendlies.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:54 pm

Just had a chat with a guy from EFL.

Seems the app won't be available until just before the season starts :cry:
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)
Son Of Sherwood
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby spanishstag » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:51 pm

On the stags site it says the friendlies against sheff wed ,boro and forest are on i follow live hope im not gonna be dissapointed
spanishstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Forever Optimistic » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:00 pm

spanishstag wrote:On the stags site it says the friendlies against sheff wed ,boro and forest are on i follow live hope im not gonna be dissapointed

Some foreign subscribers were disappointed last week with Clowns match. It had advertised they were going to be live feeds, but werent, not sure about the commo though
Something tells me we're into something good
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:26 pm

spanishstag wrote:On the stags site it says the friendlies against sheff wed ,boro and forest are on i follow live hope im not gonna be dissapointed

I've not been informed that commentary is enabled yet. So don't get too many hopes up just yet...
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby spanishstag » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:57 pm

Im sure i can get by without commentary just the match will do fine
spanishstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:26 pm

spanishstag wrote:Im sure i can get by without commentary just the match will do fine

I'm sure there will be no live video of any preseason games.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby vicstag » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:43 am

Sorry to be a thickie (though I am!) - but just for clarification really. Am I going to be able to tune in tomorrow? Will it work just like the old Stagsplayers used to work? I haven't tried it at all yet. I'm not particularly bothered about video, in fact the broadband in my French village is poor. But I love listtening to the commos. Is Martin still going to be doing them for us. I hope so.
vicstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:37 pm

hello Vic. We are awaiting confirmation of whether commentary will be enabled by tomorrow. It may not be, so the first commentary might be on Wednesday, or possibly be next Saturday. Yes I will be doing the commentaries.

In the meantime, it would be worth you trying to log in to iFollow. You may need to reset your password (I had to). Don't leave it until five minutes before a commentary. If you are struggling, feel free to drop me a note.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Forever Optimistic » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:48 pm

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2017/july/match-preview-for-sheffield-wednesday/

Link says only way to keep up to date is by Twitter feed SS
Something tells me we're into something good
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby vicstag » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:14 pm

Thanks Martin. I must admit I do tend to leave things until the last minute! I'll have a look at it now. Glad to hear you're doing the commos. I love your passion for our great team. I'm planning to make the Carlisle and Lincoln games this season so will pop over and say bonjour at half-time as usual.
vicstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:53 am

It's looking very unlikely that we will be doing commentary today (though Mark is putting in a final call this morning to check). Disappointing and I'm sorry to those who were hoping to listen.

Hopefully it will be enabled for Wednesday night's match. We'll see.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby HU7stag » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:57 am

I notice some other clubs are providing commentary today via I follow. I guess each club needs to set this up individually and with them being away in Malta havent had the time to do this.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:57 am

Will the game be available to watch via vpn? Cheers
tibby
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:21 am

tibby wrote:Will the game be available to watch via vpn? Cheers

none of the preseason games will have live video feed for overseas subscribers.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby west country stag » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:03 pm

HU7stag wrote:I notice some other clubs are providing commentary today via I follow. I guess each club needs to set this up individually and with them being away in Malta havent had the time to do this.

What about the other 2 games ?
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
west country stag
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:29 pm

Mark has pushed hard and commentary on iFollow is now enabled, so we should be able to do full match commentary of the Middlesboro and Forest games.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:35 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:Mark has pushed hard and commentary on iFollow is now enabled, so we should be able to do full match commentary of the Middlesboro and Forest games.

Congratulations Mark, well done you!
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)
Son Of Sherwood
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby AlwaysAStag » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:54 pm

Martin, I'm currently abroad for the week but have a normal UK subscription. Will I be able to listen to the games this week?
AlwaysAStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:06 pm

AlwaysAStag wrote:Martin, I'm currently abroad for the week but have a normal UK subscription. Will I be able to listen to the games this week?

you should be able to, yes. The only caveat I would add is that we have not had any commentary on iFollow yet so I can't speak from experience. Basically it should not make any difference where you are
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:26 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
AlwaysAStag wrote:Martin, I'm currently abroad for the week but have a normal UK subscription. Will I be able to listen to the games this week?

you should be able to, yes. The only caveat I would add is that we have not had any commentary on iFollow yet so I can't speak from experience. Basically it should not make any difference where you are

just to clarify, I'm talking about the games against Middlesbrough and Forest (not the games at Stocksbridge and Stamford - there will not be commentary from those games)

We are looking into doing commentary from Gainsborough and Alfreton, which are full first team games.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby AlwaysAStag » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:41 pm

Cheers for letting me know. Only expected the home games anyway
AlwaysAStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:38 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

just to clarify, I'm talking about the games against Middlesbrough and Forest (not the games at Stocksbridge and Stamford - there will not be commentary from those games)

We are looking into doing commentary from Gainsborough and Alfreton, which are full first team games.

Hasn't t'gaffer said he's taking all the boys to Stocksbridge and Stamford? More than likely he'll give one set an easier game, fullish 90 and the those that come on as subs etc late on will play on Weds against Boro.
Conversely (If I were Evo) I'd give those that played Boro for a good 90ish mins the full 90 at Stamford and those the others (those that came on as lateish subs at Stamford) the start against Florist. That way most of the players will have got two full games in during a week. Match minutes into legs but one of the 90mins would be (hopefully) easier than the other 90.

No good piddling about with 45 here and 45 there we need to start seeing whether players can hack the full 90 now. Come Crewe they'll have to be 'on it' the full 99 mins (depending on the ref of course) and have the stamina and concentration for that long.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:13 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:Mark has pushed hard and commentary on iFollow is now enabled, so we should be able to do full match commentary of the Middlesboro and Forest games.

We are currently paying a monthly subscription for Stags Player. Do we need to cancel this and sign up for iFollow, or does it automatically switch over?
Chris M
First Team
First Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum