{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Carolyn Radford - Male dominated industries

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Carolyn Radford - Male dominated industries

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:13 pm

User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Carolyn Radford - Male dominated industries

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:28 pm

Really interesting read. Good on her. It can't be easy. But she could have acknowledged that MTFC do have females in the back room staff.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Carolyn Radford - Male dominated industries

Postby Stockportstag » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:35 am

Great read, but with a picture with Stags boss Paul Cox????
Stockportstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:44 am

Re: Carolyn Radford - Male dominated industries

Postby geoffhill » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:13 am

I like many other supporters weren't impressed by Caroline when she first was appointed ceo.With what she has done since she was first appointed has been very impressive.When someone like Barry Fry says she is a hard person to deal with and drives a hard bargain then you have to think she is doing an excellent job.She and John Radford both have the football club at heart and I can only see good things happening.Without them I dread to think where we would have ended up.Just look at Darlington York Stockport Halifax Torquay.We would have been at that level at best if the Radfords had not rescued us.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1556
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Carolyn Radford - Male dominated industries

Postby Marky Mark » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:17 am

Her points about male dominated industries are ironic when you consider that she wouldn't be in the position she is without nepotism. I agree with Geoff in that I wasn't enamoured with her at all when she first came in, now I like her and am extremely impressed by her, she’s learnt as she’s gone on, she’s got more mature in the role, she’s helped to turn the club around and she's an asset and a credit to the football club - but the answer to the question of whether she would have been appointed CEO if she wasn't with JR is almost 100% not, and that’s not a criticism of her at all, it’s more a commentary on all of those women and men who work hard and could do jobs other people don’t think they could do, if they were only given a chance, especially in male dominated industries like football. She has been given the chance (and JR should be given credit for taking the punt), and taken it with both hands, and she is a now a role model, despite her reservations. Well done Carolyn.

PS. The behind the scenes doc is a terrible idea.
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
User avatar
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2846
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:48 pm
Location: Liverpool

Re: Carolyn Radford - Male dominated industries

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:00 pm

I think her success is in that she is no longer the story amongst the supporters, the work that she does is. She's no longer a figure of fun but taken seriously and she deserves a lot of credit for that. A shrinking violet with thinner skin would have kicked it in the head, due to the abuse.

Like others I had only doubts and suspicion when she appeared, but she's embraced the job and the club and is now part of the nicely fitted furniture. I doff my cap to her.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8341
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Insularfield

Re: Carolyn Radford - Male dominated industries

Postby Wilfred » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:40 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:I think her success is in that she is no longer the story amongst the supporters, the work that she does is. She's no longer a figure of fun but taken seriously and she deserves a lot of credit for that. A shrinking violet with thinner skin would have kicked it in the head, due to the abuse.

Like others I had only doubts and suspicion when she appeared, but she's embraced the job and the club and is now part of the nicely fitted furniture. I doff my cap to her.


My thinking exactly, Doomy.

And. Thinking about your next book. Rivalry between two factions. The Stags and the Sheepshags. Lovers from each faction. Sammy and Dolly. All based around a local football club. There you have it. "West Stand Story".

PS Have reserved us a table at Nando's in Valletta. Ideal for a bit of striker watching.
Being a Stags fan never has a happy ending. Because being a Stags fan never ends.
User avatar
Wilfred
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Re: Carolyn Radford - Male dominated industries

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:13 am

I'll meet you there and we can discuss your original, never been considered before plot.

Hopefully they'll have piri piri chicken on the menu, as it attracts professional footballers in the same way that a link of sausages attracts Butch the dog.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8341
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Insularfield

Re: Carolyn Radford - Male dominated industries

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:52 am

Carolyn has proved herself and seems to be running things very well and I would say without her skills and support JR would not have made it through so well as he has.

She adds bite and sparkle to the proceedings in a town which is often classed as very ordinary and dull. Its almost like a fashion icon with her and brand Carolyn seems to get the deals done.

He has the cash and the business but Carolyn is the guiding star me thinks and to get Steve Evans on board as a gnarled football manager of quite some standing and notoriety is a mission on its own!

Thanks to the Radfords we have the chance to get bigger for the first time in our long and very very drawn out history and we still seem to be at the bottom ish whereas clubs like Swansea Rochdale Burton and Wigan are all progressing so lets hope the expertise of Carolyn can carry us forward as it would be good to see the Stags in League 1 and beyond and give the long and loyal band of followers something to really celebrate.

Thanks from me JR and CR and wish my late father was alive to see the real deal emerging for us at long last.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2487
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Carolyn Radford - Male dominated industries

Postby m1cksut » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:50 pm

Told you so.
told you, what carolyn wants, carolyn gets.
User avatar
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1085
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:18 pm

Re: Carolyn Radford - Male dominated industries

Postby tillydog123 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:24 am

Lets hope then that Carolyn really really wants Marquis then!!
tillydog123
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2487
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Carolyn Radford - Male dominated industries

Postby m1cksut » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:15 pm

tillydog123 wrote:Lets hope then that Carolyn really really wants Marquis then!!


Would he be the marquee signing we have been waiting for?
told you, what carolyn wants, carolyn gets.
User avatar
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1085
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:18 pm

Re: Carolyn Radford - Male dominated industries

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:42 pm

User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Carolyn Radford - Male dominated industries

Postby Amberheart » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:35 pm

tillydog123 wrote:Carolyn has proved herself and seems to be running things very well and I would say without her skills and support JR would not have made it through so well as he has.

She adds bite and sparkle to the proceedings in a town which is often classed as very ordinary and dull. Its almost like a fashion icon with her and brand Carolyn seems to get the deals done.

He has the cash and the business but Carolyn is the guiding star me thinks and to get Steve Evans on board as a gnarled football manager of quite some standing and notoriety is a mission on its own!

Thanks to the Radfords we have the chance to get bigger for the first time in our long and very very drawn out history and we still seem to be at the bottom ish whereas clubs like Swansea Rochdale Burton and Wigan are all progressing so lets hope the expertise of Carolyn can carry us forward as it would be good to see the Stags in League 1 and beyond and give the long and loyal band of followers something to really celebrate.

Thanks from me JR and CR and wish my late father was alive to see the real deal emerging for us at long last.

Well said !
a stag is a proud & noble beast
User avatar
Amberheart
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2443
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:31 pm

Re: Carolyn Radford - Male dominated industries

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:08 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14987
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Carolyn Radford - Male dominated industries

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:59 pm

If we are talking about women working in football then someone also needs to give a shout out to Tina (JR's sister).
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3105
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Carolyn Radford - Male dominated industries

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:43 pm

User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am


Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: olderlad, SINA STAG, STAGS FOR LIFE, Stockportstag and 19 guests