{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

What's happening at Woburn Road?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

What's happening at Woburn Road?

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:10 pm

Is there any progress to report?
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4726
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: What's happening at Woburn Road?

Postby Spiritater » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:47 pm

A little bit of movement Edders, I'm cooking dinner for me and Joll, I'll add to this post later.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16143
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: What's happening at Woburn Road?

Postby TBS » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:15 pm

Spiritater wrote:A little bit of movement Edders, I'm cooking dinner for me and Joll, I'll add to this post later.


Martin Jol?
Don`t be fooled by imitation
This is the stuff that cured a nation...
User avatar
TBS
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 816
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:55 am
Location: Next to the kettle.

Re: What's happening at Woburn Road?

Postby Spiritater » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:31 pm

Mmmmmm lovely, best mashed potato made with lashings of butter n cream. Cooked beetroot and cauli from the allotment with broccolli and carrots as an accompaniment to two lovely thick pan fried pork loin steaks. :D


Anyway I went up t'other day and found that the field closest to Farmillo School had been scarified of it's top layer and reseeded... well 3/4 of it anyway.
Still a smallish sized pile of crushed limestone on site but also the far corner where they've excavated out the 'slope' has seen plenty of topsoil laid. I'm not sure as of yet where the 3G's going but it could be in the 'slope' corner.
Old changing rooms still in situe also. I'd be amazed if it was in use on a weekly fully functioning basis before next season.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16143
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: What's happening at Woburn Road?

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:37 pm

Spiritater wrote:A little bit of movement Edders, I'm cooking dinner for me and Joll, I'll add to this post later.


Please spare me the details of your movements 'tater!
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4726
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: What's happening at Woburn Road?

Postby Spiritater » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:40 pm

You're a proper weirdo mate, I'm was only trying to answer your query.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16143
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: What's happening at Woburn Road?

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:42 pm

:D
Spiritater wrote:You're a proper weirdo mate, I'm was only trying to answer your query.

:D
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4726
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: What's happening at Woburn Road?

Postby daddycool » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:03 pm

Had a look myself today when passing. Couldn't make my mind up weather the part spiro was on about had been seeded or nature had reclaimed it.
daddycool
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1420
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:42 am

Re: What's happening at Woburn Road?

Postby steve-hymas » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:06 am

2 pitches have been levelled and seeded.Unfortunately it didn't rain for 2 weeks so they are just coming through.Planning is passed but some very onerous conditions that will delay the project ..
steve-hymas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:11 pm

Re: What's happening at Woburn Road?

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:56 am

steve-hymas wrote:2 pitches have been levelled and seeded.Unfortunately it didn't rain for 2 weeks so they are just coming through.Planning is passed but some very onerous conditions that will delay the project ..


what's that mean to us non building type plodders Steve?
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6546
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: What's happening at Woburn Road?

Postby bigalstag » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:18 pm

The club have to
a) make sure all access roads and lighting has been installed, including the car park, have been built and passed by Notts. County Council, before any buildings are built.
b) Obtain a Community Use Agreement, in consultation with Sport England, which has to be passed by the District Council before use of the facilities. This looks pretty involved and will probably take some time to sort out!
c)Stick to some quite restrictive opening hours.

If anybody wants to see the planning application, go to Mansfield District council planning portal, on their website, and enter 2016/0712/FUL in the search engine. Look at documents tab and open a document called decision notice.

Hope this helps.

Once again it doesn't look as though the council has done the club many favors!
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:39 pm

Re: What's happening at Woburn Road?

Postby Stockportstag » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:07 pm

bigalstag wrote:The club have to
a) make sure all access roads and lighting has been installed, including the car park, have been built and passed by Notts. County Council, before any buildings are built.
b) Obtain a Community Use Agreement, in consultation with Sport England, which has to be passed by the District Council before use of the facilities. This looks pretty involved and will probably take some time to sort out!
c)Stick to some quite restrictive opening hours.

If anybody wants to see the planning application, go to Mansfield District council planning portal, on their website, and enter 2016/0712/FUL in the search engine. Look at documents tab and open a document called decision notice.

Hope this helps.

Once again it doesn't look as though the council has done the club many favors!


Get the new MP working on it for us
Stockportstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:44 am

Re: What's happening at Woburn Road?

Postby The One » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:09 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
steve-hymas wrote:2 pitches have been levelled and seeded.Unfortunately it didn't rain for 2 weeks so they are just coming through.Planning is passed but some very onerous conditions that will delay the project ..


what's that mean to us non building type plodders Steve?



It means it been hot lately. Been watching grass grow and hit a snag :D
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8831
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: What's happening at Woburn Road?

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:09 pm

Probably be another 4 years before it can be used.
MTFCMAD
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1398
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: What's happening at Woburn Road?

Postby steve-hymas » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:07 pm

Just a brief update.The 2 new pitches up there are coming along nicely and last week I had a pre-start meeting with the preferred company to build the pavillion .hopefully work will start mid November and we can announce things officially on our website.the project is moving along slow but sure.
To my delight the owner of the company is a big lincoln city fan so the first ten minutes were spent rubbing in our victory :mtfc:
steve-hymas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:11 pm

Re: What's happening at Woburn Road?

Postby Admiral Sook » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:27 pm

steve-hymas wrote:Just a brief update.The 2 new pitches up there are coming along nicely and last week I had a pre-start meeting with the preferred company to build the pavillion .hopefully work will start mid November and we can announce things officially on our website.the project is moving along slow but sure.
To my delight the owner of the company is a big lincoln city fan so the first ten minutes were spent rubbing in our victory :mtfc:


There'll probably be pictures of him burying a Lincoln City shirt in the foundations in months to come :lol:
User avatar
Admiral Sook
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:25 pm
Location: Spain

Re: What's happening at Woburn Road?

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:49 pm

steve-hymas wrote:Just a brief update.The 2 new pitches up there are coming along nicely and last week I had a pre-start meeting with the preferred company to build the pavillion .hopefully work will start mid November and we can announce things officially on our website.the project is moving along slow but sure.
To my delight the owner of the company is a big lincoln city fan so the first ten minutes were spent rubbing in our victory :mtfc:


Walked by with the dogs this morning (oh, and the wife). Noticed the two grasses pitches are blooming quite nicely. Thanks for the update Steve.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8302
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Insularfield

Re: What's happening at Woburn Road?

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:58 pm

thanks for update Steve. Good news.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14747
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: What's happening at Woburn Road?

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:05 pm

It's work like this that helps get better players imo and helps team morale. Nolan has made improvements at Notts both on the pitch, with training facilities and a good dressing room with mood lighting no less and even though that might be a gimmick, today's pampered players love it hence their fairytale start. Fortunately it's the fairytale ending I'm more bothered about!!!
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm


Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Chris M, Richard Cranium, Spiritater and 15 guests