{ the forum }

Stagsnet wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Green & Palmer sign for Lincoln

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Green & Palmer sign for Lincoln

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:03 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:I hope we aren't gonna be comparing EVERYTHING with lincoln this year, i'm happy they got back into the league but no longer do i watch their results or any of that. time to focus on supporting our very own MTFC and not looking at what green is doing or how many fans they're bringing in

Bobby it's inevitable that comparisons will be made, especially around how well Greenie is doing.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:07 pm

Lincoln have been in the conference a long long time, and after their cup run last season as well. They were bound to get high attendances for this season, lets see how many they get next season after finishing mid table and the novelty of going to nice grounds again wears off.[/quote]
They were down in non League 5 years, the same as us. No matter how you look at it our town cares little for it's football club. Most folk in the town wouldn't have batted an eyelid if the club had folded in the non league years when Hasloan locked us out of the ground.[/quote]
I genuinely think that Mansfield is not really a footballing or even a sport minded Town , I know lots of friends , colleagues that don't follow any football .
a stag is a proud & noble beast
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:38 pm

Amberheart wrote:Lincoln have been in the conference a long long time, and after their cup run last season as well. They were bound to get high attendances for this season, lets see how many they get next season after finishing mid table and the novelty of going to nice grounds again wears off.

They were down in non League 5 years, the same as us. No matter how you look at it our town cares little for it's football club. Most folk in the town wouldn't have batted an eyelid if the club had folded in the non league years when Hasloan locked us out of the ground.[/quote]
I genuinely think that Mansfield is not really a footballing or even a sport minded Town , I know lots of friends , colleagues that don't follow any football .[/quote]

It doesn't matter what next season holds for Lincoln . It's about this season and they need to be applauded for their support . Love or hate them .

I don't agree about the lack of nterest in the Stags . We have a lot of supporters but most can't be bothered to turn up .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:43 pm

tmwilson wrote:
Amberheart wrote:Lincoln have been in the conference a long long time, and after their cup run last season as well. They were bound to get high attendances for this season, lets see how many they get next season after finishing mid table and the novelty of going to nice grounds again wears off.

They were down in non League 5 years, the same as us. No matter how you look at it our town cares little for it's football club. Most folk in the town wouldn't have batted an eyelid if the club had folded in the non league years when Hasloan locked us out of the ground.

I genuinely think that Mansfield is not really a footballing or even a sport minded Town , I know lots of friends , colleagues that don't follow any football .[/quote]

It doesn't matter what next season holds for Lincoln . It's about this season and they need to be applauded for their support . Love or hate them .

I don't agree about the lack of nterest in the Stags . We have a lot of supporters but most can't be bothered to turn up .[/quote]
If they can't be bothered to turn up, they are hardly supporters. But let's see how many we get tomorrow.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:44 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
tmwilson wrote:

They were down in non League 5 years, the same as us. No matter how you look at it our town cares little for it's football club. Most folk in the town wouldn't have batted an eyelid if the club had folded in the non league years when Hasloan locked us out of the ground.

I genuinely think that Mansfield is not really a footballing or even a sport minded Town , I know lots of friends , colleagues that don't follow any football .

I don't agree about the lack of nterest in the Stags . We have a lot of supporters but most can't be bothered to turn up .[/quote]
/quote]If we get a good start maybe some of these so called supporters may turn up.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:10 pm

Do people still not understand the perfect storm that has swelled at Lincoln?

Was speaking to an Imps fan in Collingham today. He reckons that there's probably 2-3000 bandwagon jumpers who are still to see them lose in months. That form, that cup run, the favourable conference prices and the feel good factor that the Cowley's have created has built a rolling stone of interest.

They'll be back down to 3-4000 gates in a couple of years. I've been to Sincil Bank on a couple of occasions when we've almost outnumbered them. So can we give it a rest about them now?
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:21 pm

Spiritater wrote:
lifestags wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
lifestags wrote:You cant compare their crowd to ours at the moment, they will be getting good attendances this season just because their fans are buzzing about being back in the league and not having to go to places like Dover.

Rubbish Dan, if it was as you say, why was it when we went up and were thankful we wouldn't be going again to places like Gateshead did we only take 173 to Tranmere?

Our first game back in the FL after saying goodbye to the BSP as Champions was so poorly supported it beggared belief 3012 home fans.
Oh silly me they didn't come because they live in a poor area... yeah righto :roll:

Lincoln have been in the conference a long long time, and after their cup run last season as well. They were bound to get high attendances for this season, lets see how many they get next season after finishing mid table and the novelty of going to nice grounds again wears off.

You are so dull. Change the record.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:45 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
lifestags wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
lifestags wrote:You cant compare their crowd to ours at the moment, they will be getting good attendances this season just because their fans are buzzing about being back in the league and not having to go to places like Dover.

Rubbish Dan, if it was as you say, why was it when we went up and were thankful we wouldn't be going again to places like Gateshead did we only take 173 to Tranmere?

Our first game back in the FL after saying goodbye to the BSP as Champions was so poorly supported it beggared belief 3012 home fans.
Oh silly me they didn't come because they live in a poor area... yeah righto :roll:

Lincoln have been in the conference a long long time, and after their cup run last season as well. They were bound to get high attendances for this season, lets see how many they get next season after finishing mid table and the novelty of going to nice grounds again wears off.

You are so dull. Change the record.

Yes. Boring!
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:52 pm

SW19 and Doomy, don't make idiotic comments out of context.

You belittle yourselves.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:26 pm

adamstag wrote:
Terry Eccles Was God wrote:I'd be happier with the Lincoln strike force than I am currently with ours.

However, I think Steve is still trying to sign a proven striker and the new lads may fulfil their potential, so it's too early to form a judgement. Still got faith in Evans.

What have you been drinking?

That's like saying you'd prefer a pint of tepid bitter instead of champagne! :lol:

Pint of tepid bitter please!
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:27 pm

Terry Eccles Was God wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Terry Eccles Was God wrote:I'd be happier with the Lincoln strike force than I am currently with ours.

However, I think Steve is still trying to sign a proven striker and the new lads may fulfil their potential, so it's too early to form a judgement. Still got faith in Evans.

What have you been drinking?

That's like saying you'd prefer a pint of tepid bitter instead of champagne! :lol:

Pint of tepid bitter please!

I'll have an 'arf!
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum