{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Green & Palmer sign for Lincoln

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Green & Palmer sign for Lincoln

Postby yorkstag » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:18 am

I think they will be up there
yorkstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Dan » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:27 pm

Judging by the photos they're putting out they've clearly not paid the electricity bill! :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:20 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Rheady is looking in good shape

Is it just me or are those shorts a tad too tight just saying like.... :shock:
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:25 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Rheady is looking in good shape

Is it just me or are those shorts a tad too tight just saying like.... :shock:

As we know,he's a big unit.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby kwambo » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:34 pm

Green scored for Lincoln v Wycombe
Set up by arnold
Last edited by kwambo on Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kwambo
First Team
First Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:37 pm

kwambo wrote:Green scored for Lincoln v Wycombe

He will score 20+ this season imo.
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:37 pm

Chesterfield losing lol
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:39 pm

He did miss a lot of sitters and wasn't the same player but he just needed his confidence back... I think a move away was the only way
Sedgwick
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:22 pm

A good away following for Lincoln last night at Rotherham.

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:14 am

So what, Tappy Lincoln fan?
smulls
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amberheart » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:13 am

smulls wrote:So what, Tappy Lincoln fan?

Exactly what I was thinking !
a stag is a proud & noble beast
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:34 am

I posted it to compare and contrast the great support Lincoln are getting at the moment compared to the Stags. The crowd on Tuesday night at Field Mill for our first competitive fixture was shocking. We probably have the strongest squad we have ever had and are favourites for League 2. The people of Mansfield and Ashfield etc really need to get behind the team. Let's see how many turn up on Saturday.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:59 am

You cant compare their crowd to ours at the moment, they will be getting good attendances this season just because their fans are buzzing about being back in the league and not having to go to places like Dover.
lifestags
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:24 pm

lifestags wrote:You cant compare their crowd to ours at the moment, they will be getting good attendances this season just because their fans are buzzing about being back in the league and not having to go to places like Dover.

Rubbish Dan, if it was as you say, why was it when we went up and were thankful we wouldn't be going again to places like Gateshead did we only take 173 to Tranmere?

Our first game back in the FL after saying goodbye to the BSP as Champions was so poorly supported it beggared belief 3012 home fans.
Oh silly me they didn't come because they live in a poor area... yeah righto :roll:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:33 pm

Spiritater wrote:
lifestags wrote:You cant compare their crowd to ours at the moment, they will be getting good attendances this season just because their fans are buzzing about being back in the league and not having to go to places like Dover.

Rubbish Dan, if it was as you say, why was it when we went up and were thankful we wouldn't be going again to places like Gateshead did we only take 173 to Tranmere?

Our first game back in the FL after saying goodbye to the BSP as Champions was so poorly supported it beggared belief 3012 home fans.
Oh silly me they didn't come because they live in a poor area... yeah righto :roll:

Lincoln have been in the conference a long long time, and after their cup run last season as well. They were bound to get high attendances for this season, lets see how many they get next season after finishing mid table and the novelty of going to nice grounds again wears off.
lifestags
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:32 pm

Lincoln is a city, hence the name, more people to call on and less competition to draw the crowds.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby sw19stag » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:36 pm

Lincoln is a city, so what?
So is Truro.
sw19stag
First Team
First Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:50 pm

Southwell City would get 10,000 if they only managed to get further up the pyramid.
Field Mill - The World's Oldest Professional Football Stadium (children not welcome)
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby waddostag » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:07 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Southwell City would get 10,000 if they only managed to get further up the pyramid.

Very much doubt that.
We have always been a relatively poorly supported club and always will be, even if by some miracle we climbed the pyramid to the Premier League. I do not think we would break 15,000 average in the Premier League even if we had a ground with a 30000 capacity.
waddostag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:17 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I posted it to compare and contrast the great support Lincoln are getting at the moment compared to the Stags. The crowd on Tuesday night at Field Mill for our first competitive fixture was shocking. We probably have the strongest squad we have ever had and are favourites for League 2. The people of Mansfield and Ashfield etc really need to get behind the team. Let's see how many turn up on Saturday.

I have to agree with you the Lincoln support is amazing. As for Tuesday night I think the atrocious weather was a big factor. Let's hope the Mansfield and Ashfield public turn out in good numbers tomorrow.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:19 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I posted it to compare and contrast the great support Lincoln are getting at the moment compared to the Stags. The crowd on Tuesday night at Field Mill for our first competitive fixture was shocking. We probably have the strongest squad we have ever had and are favourites for League 2. The people of Mansfield and Ashfield etc really need to get behind the team. Let's see how many turn up on Saturday.

go 7 mile north or south out of Mansfield and you are nearer to another club . other side of junction 28 and you can get to Derby just as quick as Mansfield and if you go East the nearest town is closer to Lincoln and Nottingham .

Lincoln have far less clubs to compete with and a much larger catchment area . Newark to Skegness there is nobody , nearest north must be Grimsby , Scunny Or Donny and it is a very long way south before you get close to another club .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:43 pm

lifestags wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Lincoln have been in the conference a long long time, and after their cup run last season as well. They were bound to get high attendances for this season, lets see how many they get next season after finishing mid table and the novelty of going to nice grounds again wears off.

They were down in non League 5 years, the same as us. No matter how you look at it our town cares little for it's football club. Most folk in the town wouldn't have batted an eyelid if the club had folded in the non league years when Hasloan locked us out of the ground.
Last edited by Spiritater on Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby waddostag » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:51 pm

one f in mansfield wrote:

go 7 mile north or south out of Mansfield and you are nearer to another club . other side of junction 28 and you can get to Derby just as quick as Mansfield and if you go East the nearest town is closer to Lincoln and Nottingham .

Lincoln have far less clubs to compete with and a much larger catchment area . Newark to Skegness there is nobody , nearest north must be Grimsby , Scunny Or Donny and it is a very long way south before you get close to another club .
Exactly, you,ve hit the nail on the head.
waddostag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:08 pm

I hope we aren't gonna be comparing EVERYTHING with lincoln this year, i'm happy they got back into the league but no longer do i watch their results or any of that. time to focus on supporting our very own MTFC and not looking at what green is doing or how many fans they're bringing in
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:15 pm

Who gives a sheite about Lincoln. Hope we beat them 10-0 both games and they get relegated!
bigalstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum