{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Green & Palmer sign for Lincoln

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Green & Palmer sign for Lincoln

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:47 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:Could someone please explain to me why this thread has turned into a Pearce is leaving and almost a anti krystian Pearce thread ????

I don't think it has. The Lincoln manager wants to buy one of our players but a fee could not be agreed. The speculation was it could be Pearce. But it equally be Bennett, Benning, Taft, etc.

AA I think the chad piece is Evans having a joke about how many ex stags are at Lincoln and how they probably (sarcastically put by Evans) want another 4 to make it a full 11.

I think the comment made by Evans regarding Danny Crowley phoning him was part of the joke too.

This is how I see it anyway.

I think the way it's been quoted by the chad as led a few fans down a different path.
MTFCMAD
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby lifestags » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:50 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:Could someone please explain to me why this thread has turned into a Pearce is leaving and almost a anti krystian Pearce thread ????

I don't think it has. The Lincoln manager wants to buy one of our players but a fee could not be agreed. The speculation was it could be Pearce. But it equally be Bennett, Benning, Taft, etc.

AA I think the chad piece is Evans having a joke about how many ex stags are at Lincoln and how they probably (sarcastically put by Evans) want another 4 to make it a full 11.

I think the comment made by Evans regarding Danny Crowley phoning him was part of the joke too.

I think the way it's been quoted by the chad as led a few fans down a different path.

Watch the interview on stags player, didn't come across to me as if he was joking.
lifestags
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby nick_stags » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:56 pm

He wasn't joking. Lincoln are trying to sign Pearce.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:49 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

I agree I think the first part was a joke by SE. The part about Lincoln wanting to sign one of our players I believe is true. It's just a guess it's Pearce, but he seems the most likely target.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:45 pm

Greeny scored Lincoln's first goal of their pre season build up at Lincoln Utd with a glancing header.
Lincoln very direct. Won 0 (0)v(3) 4 . Darren Drysdale was the ref (no sendings off :lol: )
Palmer was just Palmer and although I think he scored I'm not sure he knew a deal about it. (edit, no Pamler not credited with the goal, given to Rowe)
On that showing Lincoln look on a par with the sheep last night at Buxton.... tidy, but nothing I'd be worried about if I was Evo.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:05 pm

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:46 am

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:55 am

Can we please get rid of the Lincoln Love Fest!!! Can't stand them and hope we thrash em!
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Calstag » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:38 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:Can we please get rid of the Lincoln Love Fest!!! Can't stand them and hope we thrash em!

Did you read the link? That's a great shout from Lincoln
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:12 pm

Calstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Can we please get rid of the Lincoln Love Fest!!! Can't stand them and hope we thrash em!

Did you read the link? That's a great shout from Lincoln

No I didn't lol sorry.
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:03 am

Lincoln have a couple of teenagers training with them in Portugal - Noah Chesmain (Millwall) and Regan Booty (Huddersfield). They lost 3-1 to a Benfica XI.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:26 pm

I noticed Lincoln have made 2 great signings this week that nobody's mentioned.
Bostwick was Posh's player of the season apparently, why didn't we go in for him whilst we were dealing with Barry Fry? (Not complaining about the quality we have signed though!)
Obviously they're starting to spend the FA cup run money, should we start worrying about Lincoln now?
Tre Cool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:29 pm

I reckon Bostwick was one of the players we were in for but we were already stacked in defense/midfield
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:11 am

Ha anyone else heard that Matt Green didn't actually leave the Stags. There is a theory going round that Steve Evans ate him.
9dder2
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:22 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Ha anyone else heard that Matt Green didn't actually leave the Stags. There is a theory going round that Steve Evans ate him.

Spelling police interception. You missed the h off the front and the s off the end of the word ate..
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:25 am

No Edders he definitely left and plays now for Lincoln City, unless they have folk with cardboard cut outs running round the pitch.

However Danny Cowley has found out the cardboard cut out of Ollie Palmer is better than Ollie himself.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Calstag » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:12 am

Spiritater wrote:No Edders he definitely left and plays now for Lincoln City, unless they have folk with cardboard cut outs running round the pitch.

However Danny Cowley has found out the cardboard cut out of Ollie Palmer is better than Ollie himself.

:lol:
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:53 am

Excellent signings by Lincoln. I watched Lincoln play Petetborough in a pre-season friendly last season and the best two Peterborough players on the pitch were Michael Bostwick and Harry Anderson. They could well make a decent profit on Anderson if he continues to improve.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:01 pm

Friend of mine has texted to let me know green is injured and didn't feature in their friendly today... not been told how bad it is
Sedgwick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:20 pm

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:10 pm

Lee Beevers testimonial today against Walsall (Captain Scarlet - Indestructible) . Lincoln won 2-1.

Unfortunately for Lee, not a great crowd of 2,376.

https://www.redimps.co.uk/news/2017/jul ... s-walsall/
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:57 am

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:45 pm

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:00 pm

Rheady is looking in good shape

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:08 am

Lincoln have assembled a decent squad. Much stronger than ours was when we returned to the EFL. Not surprising given last years cup run and the phenomenal amount of season tickets they have sold.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum