{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Notts Clownty

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Notts Clownty

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Wed May 17, 2017 8:00 am

Looking at his twitter feed, self named Big Al is a little bit up his own bottom.

All the more enjoyable when we beat them twice next season and they crash and burn again.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Beano » Wed May 17, 2017 9:30 am

If the only the football season was decided by tweeting. :roll:

He can't remember us being "loud", that's fair enough - looking at his pictures though he doesn't appear that "big" :think:
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby HughesyStag89 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:34 am

Sorry but I never remember us being as dillusional as the likes of thinking we are at the level for the likes of having Sven Goran Eriksson as manager and attempting to sign the likes of Sol Campbell.. we are the noisy neighbours and I personally can't wait to beat them away and then better our home record in recents years.. :coys:
HughesyStag89
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed May 17, 2017 10:32 am

It's all a bit of banter that merely adds to the spice of the fixtures.

Spires are being very quiet because they are a shambles and not looking forward to playing us next season, Notts are. For this reason I'm glad we have Notts to concentrate on.

I dont hate Notts, I like the rivalry and all this just adds bravado, let it continue.. Alan Hardy agreed to a £50 wager with me on twitter. He thought that Notts would finish above Mansfield, so I called him out on it. Loser has to pay £50 to a charity of the winners choice.

I dont mind the fella, but agree hes not very professional.
There is one formidable adversary that Arsene Wenger has yet to defeat; it's Arsene Wenger's Coat.
arsene wengers coat
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby PeteyStag » Wed May 17, 2017 12:17 pm

Nothing wrong with talking a big game and being confident. But they haven't done anything yet to support these big claims. You'd think County fans would be more wary than anyone of their chairman talking a big game and flipping it up big style.
PeteyStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed May 17, 2017 12:20 pm

PeteyStag wrote:Nothing wrong with talking a big game and being confident. But they haven't done anything yet to support these big claims. You'd think County fans would be more wary than anyone of their chairman talking a big game and flipping it up big style.

every year they think they're gonna have a belter of a season, 10 - 15 games in they mill around the bottom of the table. manager gets sacked, they get a new one, he signs loads of new players and they secure a mid table finish.

Rinse and repeat
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Wed May 17, 2017 12:40 pm

I resent this 'noisy neighbours' tag.

It's what Man Ure gave to Man City fans when they were basically winning naff all and getting tanked by United every single time they played them.

We on the other hand haven't lost in a league game against Notts since 2005 and recently beat them 5-0.

If anything, they are the 'noisy neighbours', particularly considering they are dwarfed by Forest.
Panatha mou, se aghapo, opou ki an pezis panda tha s' akoloutho.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed May 17, 2017 1:01 pm

Wh_Stag wrote:
robbingdog wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:People need to ignore what others think. The club is spending money, which will designate us for default angst from opposition fans/clubs; and that's fair enough cos who doesn't get annoyed by seeing moneybags clubs flaunting the dollar?

Alan Hardy needs to concentrate on sorting out Notts. He has a bigger ego than our owner but far shallower pockets (I suspect) and a club with spiralling financial issues.

It can be pointed out that Radford is blowing cash but I can only imagine that after seven years here, he's weighed things up and knows what he can afford.

blowing cash? How so? So far, no "marquee signings" Just good (hopefully) players that will enhance our squad and it's chances of success in 2017/18. I doubt very much that the Radfords have abandoned financial common sense.

Now - if SE signs Rooney ........

if SE signs rooney i'm done. hes finished. pack him off to china

I think he's just signed for Guiseley

Almost right bud - Rooney signed under a different name for Disguisely FC ;)
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed May 17, 2017 1:09 pm

Dan wrote:He was in the youth team I think. Got injured & had to retire I believe.

Injury to the head, judging by his Titter feed

Doubtless Counteh will sign a few good players, but i think all the 'little boys noise' from Hardy means they probably won't be making any key signings.
Meadow Lane probably won't do 'marquee' - they'll probably struggle to get above '2 man festival tent' level ;)
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Wed May 17, 2017 1:11 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:It's all a bit of banter that merely adds to the spice of the fixtures.

Spires are being very quiet because they are a shambles and not looking forward to playing us next season, Notts are. For this reason I'm glad we have Notts to concentrate on.

I dont hate Notts, I like the rivalry and all this just adds bravado, let it continue.. Alan Hardy agreed to a £50 wager with me on twitter. He thought that Notts would finish above Mansfield, so I called him out on it. Loser has to pay £50 to a charity of the winners choice.

I dont mind the fella, but agree hes not very professional.

Nice one, make sure he pays it.

Imagine Steve and Alan in the same room, the ego has landed.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Wed May 17, 2017 3:49 pm

I'm looking forward to them signing a few half decent players (Nolan will get some favours from ex clubs n managers) and some average ones also. They'll then go and spank Hucknall Rolls Royce Leisure of the Central Midlands League 20-0 and old Tibothefrog'll be on here saying 'We're gonna win the League by 30 points, the FA Cup, League Cup, Champions Leag...... :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed May 17, 2017 10:21 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:People need to ignore what others think. The club is spending money, which will designate us for default angst from opposition fans/clubs; and that's fair enough cos who doesn't get annoyed by seeing moneybags clubs flaunting the dollar?

Alan Hardy needs to concentrate on sorting out Notts. He has a bigger ego than our owner but far shallower pockets (I suspect) and a club with spiralling financial issues.

It can be pointed out that Radford is blowing cash but I can only imagine that after seven years here, he's weighed things up and knows what he can afford.

Wow has it been seven years ! JR has a hell of a lot more class & professionalism than AH will ever have ! We all know what AH stands for & he Definately is one ! ;)
a stag is a proud & noble beast
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:41 am

At least they've got loadsa money from sacking the ladies team.
stag861
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagmanrob » Thu May 18, 2017 9:39 am

Did anyone hear the episode of MatchTalk when it was a live phone-in with Hardy and Nolan?

I normally wouldn't have, but it was streamed on Facebook live so I received a notification on my phone and ended up watching it.

He claimed he's providing Nolan with a "Top 6 budget" this season, whilst also admitting the club was losing money hand over fist at the same time.

He also more or less said that he got rid of Sheridan and appointed Nolan because he used to sit within earshot of Sheridan with his kids, and Sheridan swore too much....using the "C" word over 20 times in one rant at the fourth official apparently. He said swearing has no place in football in a family environment :shock:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 9267645024

Here it is if anyone fancies laughing at it and becoming the famous Karl Pilkington superhero creation if you know what I mean....
stagmanrob
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amberheart » Thu May 18, 2017 10:44 am

stag861 wrote:At least they've got loadsa money from sacking the ladies team.

Not funny :roll:
a stag is a proud & noble beast
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Thu May 18, 2017 3:40 pm

They are signing Terry Hawkridge....... Nottinghamshire Police wont be pleased.......another missing person ( on the pitch) to track down.
victor A block
First Team
First Team

Postby Spiritater » Thu May 18, 2017 4:31 pm

stagmanrob wrote:Did anyone hear the episode of MatchTalk when it was a live phone-in with Hardy and Nolan?

I normally wouldn't have, but it was streamed on Facebook live so I received a notification on my phone and ended up watching it.

He claimed he's providing Nolan with a "Top 6 budget" this season, whilst also admitting the club was losing money hand over fist at the same time.

He also more or less said that he got rid of Sheridan and appointed Nolan because he used to sit within earshot of Sheridan with his kids, and Sheridan swore too much....using the "C" word over 20 times in one rant at the fourth official apparently. He said swearing has no place in football in a family environment :shock:

Here it is if anyone fancies laughing at it and becoming the famous Karl Pilkington superhero creation if you know what I mean....

We all know that if Sheridan had had the Pies in or around the PO's then Hardy wouldn't have batted an eyelid. He may have had a quiet word in his ear to tone it down a bit but he'd have lived with it if the results were there.

Evo I'd imagine will be very very colourful next term but if we are in the top 3 not many will have an issue with it, most will say 'he's showing a bit of passion'.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Thu May 18, 2017 5:55 pm

Spiritater wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:Did anyone hear the episode of MatchTalk when it was a live phone-in with Hardy and Nolan?

We all know that if Sheridan had had the Pies in or around the PO's then Hardy wouldn't have batted an eyelid. He may have had a quiet word in his ear to tone it down a bit but he'd have lived with it if the results were there.

Evo I'd imagine will be very very colourful next term but if we are in the top 3 not many will have an issue with it, most will say 'he's showing a bit of passion'.

I'm sure many people have said the same thing to him on twitter, but he has denied it as you would expect him to.
Signing players like Hawkridge doesn't look like top 6 budget to me.
stagmanrob
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Thu May 18, 2017 6:09 pm

According to the Imp forum Stags n County are signing all the players their won't be any left for anyone else lol
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby PeteyStag » Thu May 18, 2017 6:12 pm

SINA STAG wrote:According to the Imp forum Stags n County are signing all the players their won't be any left for anyone else lol

Yeah, County with their 0 signings confirmed so far. :p

What we are doing is pretty crazy mind you. 7 signings before the play off semis are even done is pretty nuts.
PeteyStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu May 18, 2017 6:13 pm

Terry Hawkridge has apparently been offered more money and a longer contract by County.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu May 18, 2017 6:14 pm

Think we are gonna be thay side that everyone hates.

Big spending mansfield

Feels a little strange typing that :x
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu May 18, 2017 6:16 pm

Terry Hawkridge's signed for County.

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Thu May 18, 2017 6:33 pm

PeteyStag wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:According to the Imp forum Stags n County are signing all the players their won't be any left for anyone else lol

What we are doing is pretty crazy mind you. 7 signings before the play off semis are even done is pretty nuts.

With only 9 players left after the retained list was issued I expected us to sign around 15. So although 7 so far and so early does sound a lot I suspect we are only around half way through.
Kenwood
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby stagmanrob » Thu May 18, 2017 6:40 pm

Kenwood wrote:
PeteyStag wrote:

With only 9 players left after the retained list was issued I expected us to sign around 15. So although 7 so far and so early does sound a lot I suspect we are only around half way through.

I'm expecting a squad size of 22 plus youth teamers. That leaves us with 6 more to sign on that basis :shock:
stagmanrob
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum