{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Notts Clownty

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Notts Clownty

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue May 16, 2017 6:56 pm

They are absolutely obsessed with us and who we are signing. All day on twitter it's been "he's crap", "only spending this money to keep evans", "it'll all turn sour when they don't go up".

Huge amounts of jealously coming from them, they are obsessed!
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Re: Notts Clownty

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue May 16, 2017 6:59 pm

Some of us will remember being told Krystian Pearce and Hayden White are hopeless, from county fans.
Field Mill - The World's Oldest Professional Football Stadium (children not welcome)
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Forever Optimistic » Tue May 16, 2017 7:10 pm

Even that raspberry of a chairman's at it on twitter
Something tells me we're into something good
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue May 16, 2017 7:29 pm

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Calstag » Tue May 16, 2017 7:33 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:

Quality eh ? They are after terry hawkridge apparently lol
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Wh_Stag » Tue May 16, 2017 7:35 pm

They're still somehow loosing 1.5M a year so they can hush... they've got a poor squad and if they're after the likes of Hawkridge we will batter them again.
Wh_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Tue May 16, 2017 7:46 pm

Toilet smashing tastic them lads :lol: :lol:

"Big Al" :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria:
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue May 16, 2017 7:49 pm

I bet big al will be laughing when he has to sack Nolan after 10 games and the search for a new manager begins.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Fitzy499 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:13 pm

Calstag wrote:

The last time I looked we were signing quality in numbers, don't think they have signed anyone yet, have they?

Big al is a tool

:coys:
Fitzy499
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby pemill » Tue May 16, 2017 8:18 pm

What does it matter what Clounteh are doing anyway?
We've been there and got that t-shirt, if we go up and they go up that's fine by me - I wouldn't even care if they won the title providing we went up automatically.
pemill
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stoney » Tue May 16, 2017 8:33 pm

'Quality not quantity'

Alrate then Alan, you can only dream of signing quality like Paul Anderson.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue May 16, 2017 8:34 pm

People need to ignore what others think. The club is spending money, which will designate us for default angst from opposition fans/clubs; and that's fair enough cos who doesn't get annoyed by seeing moneybags clubs flaunting the dollar?

Alan Hardy needs to concentrate on sorting out Notts. He has a bigger ego than our owner but far shallower pockets (I suspect) and a club with spiralling financial issues.

It can be pointed out that Radford is blowing cash but I can only imagine that after seven years here, he's weighed things up and knows what he can afford.
Field Mill - The World's Oldest Professional Football Stadium (children not welcome)
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue May 16, 2017 8:35 pm

Their. Chairman appears to be a bit of a gland.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Forever Optimistic » Tue May 16, 2017 8:41 pm

He is Whiffy, but in his defence, he does stick by his own people so suspect Nolan will be there quite a while.
Something tells me we're into something good
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue May 16, 2017 8:48 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:People need to ignore what others think. The club is spending money, which will designate us for default angst from opposition fans/clubs; and that's fair enough cos who doesn't get annoyed by seeing moneybags clubs flaunting the dollar?

Alan Hardy needs to concentrate on sorting out Notts. He has a bigger ego than our owner but far shallower pockets (I suspect) and a club with spiralling financial issues.

It can be pointed out that Radford is blowing cash but I can only imagine that after seven years here, he's weighed things up and knows what he can afford.

blowing cash? How so? So far, no "marquee signings" Just good (hopefully) players that will enhance our squad and it's chances of success in 2017/18. I doubt very much that the Radfords have abandoned financial common sense.

Now - if SE signs Rooney ........
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Tue May 16, 2017 8:59 pm

Calstag wrote:

Yes I'm sure Steve Evans has just signed anyone who is available. Big Al is a Big Bell if he seriously believes that.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby robbingdog » Tue May 16, 2017 9:41 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:People need to ignore what others think. The club is spending money, which will designate us for default angst from opposition fans/clubs; and that's fair enough cos who doesn't get annoyed by seeing moneybags clubs flaunting the dollar?

blowing cash? How so? So far, no "marquee signings" Just good (hopefully) players that will enhance our squad and it's chances of success in 2017/18. I doubt very much that the Radfords have abandoned financial common sense.

if SE signs rooney i'm done. hes finished. pack him off to china
robbingdog
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Tue May 16, 2017 10:03 pm

I think he is being very clever also targeting players who don't have to relocate as far as I can see.

Also many players with families will be happy to be secure early. Can't see that any of the 5 up to yet will be on huge wages, maybe Diamond?
kcassellsfootygenius
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Tue May 16, 2017 10:14 pm

A nice bit of sarcastic applause from Big Al in response to our signings today!
Tre Cool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Wh_Stag » Tue May 16, 2017 10:24 pm

robbingdog wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

if SE signs rooney i'm done. hes finished. pack him off to china

I think he's just signed for Guiseley
Wh_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby mansfield_smooth » Tue May 16, 2017 10:40 pm

Forever Optimistic wrote:He is Whiffy, but in his defence, he does stick by his own people so suspect Nolan will be there quite a while.

You mean like when he was a stags fan....?
Together
Everybody
Achieves
More

TEAM - we can all play our parts for all things good for MTFC
mansfield_smooth
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Tue May 16, 2017 10:51 pm

kcassellsfootygenius wrote:I think he is being very clever also targeting players who don't have to relocate as far as I can see.

Also many players with families will be happy to be secure early. Can't see that any of the 5 up to yet will be on huge wages, maybe Diamond?

I doubt Anderson will be on peanuts. If he can produce what he's capable of, we'll have one of, if not the best wide player in the division.
stagmanrob
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue May 16, 2017 11:12 pm

County Chairman, Alan Hardy, referring to Stags fans. When was Alan Hardy at the Stags?

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue May 16, 2017 11:29 pm

He was in the youth team I think. Got injured & had to retire I believe.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Wed May 17, 2017 2:39 am

Before his County involvement, hasn't it been said that he used to watch a lot of our home games?

I read an article somewhere about his business that stated he started out in a small unit on the Bolsover industrial estate, so he probably watched a bit of the Spireites too.
stagmanrob
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum